Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
My World...
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Discuss...

I'm pretty much done after angle winning, I have seriously lost any hope I had for tna.Before people start telling me to watch wwe, I don't watch wwe for much of the same reasons.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Re: How many of you will stop watch tna after tonight?.**spoiler**

Not me. Even with a disappointing ending to the main event I thought the PPV was still good as a whole. Let's see where this goes with Roode and Angle now. I think Dixie gets control back this week and then makes a rematch and Roode wins at the next PPV.

·
Banned
7,973 Posts

Disapointed by the ending, but it was still a very good show.
Pretty much this. Don't let the ending ruin what was one of the best PPV's of the year if not the best. No reason to give up on the company yet.

Besides, we still don't know what they're gonna do next week with the Roode/Angle situation. As fans of TNA, we've all been through much worse than what happened tonight. The company is slowly improving and getting better every week so don't quit just yet.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Only thing I can say was I was left with a bitter taste in my mouth. Not because of this ending and not because I'm over-dramatising, but because this PPV could have been GREAT, maybe one of the best TNA's done especially recently but a couple of things ruined it. Placing the Daniels/AJ match which was all storytelling and no spots after all the matches with the big spots wasn't a great idea and then ending it prematurely as the crowd started to get into it because of AJ wasn't good either. Knockouts match was ruined completely by Karen Jarrett. She shouldn't have been a focal point rather an interruption. Sting/Hogan I'm glad to say was done to perfection but to be followed by Roode/Angle's awful ending (clusterfuck plus shit booking=crappy ending) just took away from the PPV. It was Starrcade '97 all over again. We all knew the proper outcome. There was only one yet TNA managed to screw it up because they want to milk as much as they can from the storyline. Greed has come it seems. The irony is that they fucked up that match like Starrcade '97 but the 2 players in that shambles Sting/Hogan were actually booked beautifully. The match was good for what it was and Hogan's turn was perfectly executed. Could have been great, instead it was inconsistent to say the least. Not a bad PPV but really disappointed.

·
Premium Member
43,613 Posts
Honestly, I said in the Impact thread this week that I would stop watching if Roode didn't win. I said that in the near 100% confidence that Roode would win, so jokes on me, huh?

But honestly, Roode winning the title was the only thing I truly cared about. AJ/Daniels, Lynn/RVD, Anderson/Ray, Hogan/Sting. They all could have been absolute disasters, but if Roode had won the belt, I would have gotten what I wanted out of the PPV. This is a huge disappointment for me, and I think, at the very least, I should take a break from TNA because I'm just too irritated with this decision to dedicate myself to trying to care about their main event storylines again.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
anticlimatic but whoever said it was just like Christian/Orton situation is 100% right. you people overreact. give it some time. if hardy will take title from Angle - i'll understand you.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Wow you're going to stop watching because of one match? Just stfu, this thread if extra and so are you.
This. Come on man, don't let something like that stop you from watching a show. Besides Roode's loss, which sucks, that was an amazing PPV.

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
Honestly, I said in the Impact thread this week that I would stop watching if Roode didn't win. I said that in the near 100% confidence that Roode would win, so jokes on me, huh?

But honestly, Roode winning the title was the only thing I truly cared about. AJ/Daniels, Lynn/RVD, Anderson/Ray, Hogan/Sting. They all could have been absolute disasters, but if Roode had won the belt, I would have gotten what I wanted out of the PPV. This is a huge disappointment for me, and I think, at the very least, I should take a break from TNA because I'm just too irritated with this decision to dedicate myself to trying to care about their main event storylines again.

I'll tell you one thing. If Hardy somehow finds himself in a program with Angle instead of Roode I'll consider taking a break from the company as well.

·
My World...
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Wow you're going to stop watching because of one match? Just stfu, this thread if extra and so are you.
It isn't just the match.I've defended them through thick and thin, and they refuse to change.I love tna, always have but I lost hope after tonight.

Just my opinion...

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
I think I might take a break for the next week, or at least not watch the show on Thursday. I need a break. That ending was stupid. I would have been pissed no matter who it was.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
I honestly didn't mind it at all. If this is the final straw for you after all the crap that TNA has done...then bless your heart.

·
Banned
1,502 Posts

Pretty much this. Don't let the ending ruin what was one of the best PPV's of the year if not the best. No reason to give up on the company yet.

Besides, we still don't know what they're gonna do next week with the Roode/Angle situation. As fans of TNA, we've all been through much worse than what happened tonight. The company is slowly improving and getting better every week so don't quit just yet.
If the rapid decline in the product in the last five years, to go with the re-done feuds, to the absolute slap in the face to AJ Styles last year, to the fact they allowed a junkie to wrestle in their main event of a PPV and the fact they've lost three of their biggest signings in Booker T, Kevin Nash, and Christian didn't stop them, why would anyone stop now?

·
The Sundance Kid
18,158 Posts
Oh I haven't really been watching TNA since whatever came after Slammiversary anyway. I did watch BFG and thought it only had one good match (Anderson/Ray). Aside from that the PPV reaffirmed my position that TNA sucks and is not looking to change it's philosophy at all. That's fine, I just won't be watching. If Roode had won I probably would have been interested enough to watch the next few Impacts and see if there was really gonna be a changing of the guard. LOL.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Anybody who stops watching because somebody lost a fake wrestling match is a total mark. As long as the show has some interesting storylines and characters, I'll keep watching. If it ever becomes a snoozefest like WWE, then I'll quit watching and stick to the classic stuff on YouTube.

·
My World...
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Maybe I am over reacting just a little but I payed $45 to watch a ppv with a screw job ending.But I am not going to defend them anymore, because they don't deserve it atleast until they do a good job.

Ugh, just thinking about throwing the remote at the tv tbh...

1 - 20 of 113 Posts