Wrestling Forum banner

Do you spend more time complaining about or enjoying wrestling?

• I spend more time critiquing wrestling

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • I spend more time enjoying wrestling

Votes: 27 84.4%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a guy's post the other day stating that he listened to Cornette every single day and it got me thinking...

How many of you actually watch and enjoy wrestling? And if you do then how would you compare that to the time you spend either complaining about it or listening to somone complain about it?

·
6,424 Posts
I watch SmackDown, NXT, Dynamite and Rampage weekly and I enjoy most of these shows. I also watch some Raw segments involving my favorites (Alexa, Kross, Priest etc.)

The reason I don't complain very much these days is that I'm tired of overanalyzing the product. I used to go off on rants about wrestling and fantasy book some storylines, but I guess my passion started to die. As I said, I still enjoy wrestling, but I'm not the "GIVE ME WHAT I WANT!!!" fan who pays attention to absolutely everything and criticizes all the stuff (including ratings).

·
Baby It's Violence
8,537 Posts
For WWE I watch Smackdown live, NXT I'll always keep up to date and watch a couple episodes at a time, and Raw I have in the background (I'll watch what I actually want to see). Dynamite and Rampage from AEW is always live viewing. And I keep up to date on the majority of NJPW (always watch the entire G1, yes all matches), and will watch other outside matches I find interesting or people recommend.

So I watch wrestling way more than I talk and critique it, and enjoy it more than anything as well. I don't enjoy everything mind you, and have plenty of instances where I would change things regarding the companies I watch, but in general I enjoy most of it.

·
Registered
13,434 Posts
I watch RAW, SmackDown, NXT, NXT UK, 205Live, Dynamite, Rampage & Impact. I'll check out some episodes of Dark & Dark Elevation from time to time depending on who's wrestling. I'm gonna really try and watch NJPW's G1 tournament this year too. I need to really start watching NJPW, I've already checked out a few episodes of Strong.

I've been watching wrestling since 2001 and to be honest I've never been too critical of it. I've never cared about ratings or who drew what. I see threads with posters just going back and forth over ratings and wrestlers drawing more than another wrestler and I just think it's crazy.

I don't over analyze everything, I just enjoy it for what it is. It entertains me. Wrestling is like an escape for me. Whatever is happening, whether I'm having a shitty day or going through something more I just know that I can sit down and watch some wrestling and just forget about everything.

·
Premium Member
No one is ready for Konami
3,449 Posts
I only watch STARDOM consistently.. I watched All Out on Sunday and it was one of the better PPV's I've seen, but i rarely watch AEW's TV shows.. and WWE is not even an option anymore. I'd watch Impact and ROH over WWE.

Reactions: Whoanma

·
Registered
636 Posts
I watch AEW exclusively now. I enjoy it a lot. I visit this and other forums less and less. Many people seem to have shifted from critiquing wrestling to just whining and complaining it does not go their favorites (federation or wrestler) way. Gets very repetitive and boring to read.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Been a wrestling fan since 1979. Occasionally watch WWE, but watch more of MLW, ROH, AEW, and NWA these days. The AEW happenings these days has me more excited about wrestling then I have been since the Attitude Era.

I seem to critique quite a bit but not try to be too harsh.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I just watch YouTube clips of (mostly) SD and Raw. I’ve started watching some Punk and Bryan stuff in AEW. The only shows I watch live are the big PPV’s like Mania/MITB/Rumble. I still love wrestling, I just find it easier to keep up this way and watch the parts I want online.

I don’t like to criticise because it just feels like a waste of energy. I have more important things in my life.

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
9,921 Posts
I watch RAW, SmackDown, NXT, NXT UK, 205Live, Dynamite, Rampage & Impact. I'll check out some episodes of Dark & Dark Elevation from time to time depending on who's wrestling. I'm gonna really try and watch NJPW's G1 tournament this year too. I need to really start watching NJPW, I've already checked out a few episodes of Strong.

I've been watching wrestling since 2001 and to be honest I've never been too critical of it. I've never cared about ratings or who drew what. I see threads with posters just going back and forth over ratings and wrestlers drawing more than another wrestler and I just think it's crazy.

I don't over analyze everything, I just enjoy it for what it is. It entertains me. Wrestling is like an escape for me. Whatever is happening, whether I'm having a shitty day or going through something more I just know that I can sit down and watch some wrestling and just forget about everything.
Dude, you need to get a life ;)
I watch (or semi-watch) Raw, Smackdown, Dynamite and Rampage -That´s more than enough for me in a week. Raw is excellent if you´re having trouble sleeping :D
Looking at entire shows, they pretty much ALL suck right now, so I just watch for the people I like, and complain about the rest of them. If the time ever comes that there´s way more stuff I don´t like than stuff I like, I quit watching. Like I did with Impact and ROH.

·
Registered
13,434 Posts
Dude, you need to get a life ;)
I watch (or semi-watch) Raw, Smackdown, Dynamite and Rampage -That´s more than enough for me in a week. Raw is excellent if you´re having trouble sleeping :D
Looking at entire shows, they pretty much ALL suck right now, so I just watch for the people I like, and complain about the rest of them. If the time ever comes that there´s way more stuff I don´t like than stuff I like, I quit watching. Like I did with Impact and ROH.
It helps that I'm still off work on furlough which is why I have so much time to watch so much shows. Maybe when I get back to work I'll have to be more selective... :sneaky:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I’ve stopped watching WWE completely for the first time in my entire life. Hell I have a VHS tape my mom recorded back in 89 when she ordered Wrestlemania 5, I was three years old.

I enjoy AEW a ton. I appreciate that Tony Khan is a legit fan of the sport. It resonates in his interviews that while he’s not perfect, he’s trying to put out the best wrestling show he can.

As for critiques, I leave that for the arm chair bookers. I suppose AEW is not for everyone, but I also don’t understand that mindset of watching something you don’t like. It’s such a waste of time. Like what you like, don’t be a dick.

·
The Babyface of WF
"What I've always wanted...A better world"
18,594 Posts
I've been watching WWF/E since around 1993 without complaints but more importantly that is something I can't relate to others with I found over time because everybody else has something to bitch about all the time and almost always talk about quitting(Bluffing usually)

I have passion for it nothing more.

·
Registered
WWEDynamite
66 Posts
I have been watching wrestling since I was a few hours old, and I watch it like its a religion, I do complain when WWE or AEW does something dumb but I dont go ranting about it online, I rant about it with my family

·
Registered
95 Posts
I complain more than I enjoy to be honest. Although over the last year I've watched more wrestling than I have since 1999. One of my least favorite wrestlers of all time and one of the reasons I lost interest, HHH, said something recently that I've taken to heart, "just be a fan again." That may be the only thing he's done that I've enjoyed.

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
5,863 Posts
I'm more of a critic than someone who enjoys wrestling these days. Sure there's stuff I enjoy, but for the most part I think wrestling isn't in great shape. Never been a fan of the indy style that became popular and is now a big part of the major companies, I couldn't care less how good of a wrestler somebody, give them a microphone and get them to give me a reason to care.

·
Hardcore Casual
2,280 Posts
I don't watch much wrestling, but I'd like to think most of my time with respect to discussing wrestling is spent on nostalgia and analyzing business trends. I've long accepted wrestling will probably not evolve in such a way that I will enjoy it in the foreseeable future.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
16,145 Posts
I think the amount of time I spend watching/enjoying wrestling SLAUGHTERS the amount of time criticizing some parts 😂

1 - 20 of 33 Posts