·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can only think of 3....

Hogan
Warrior
Kamala (in Mid South)

Anyone else? Maybe Big John Studd or King Kong Bundy?

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow cool. I have never seen that video. Kind of surprised Harley Race and Anoki did this.

That six man tag of the Wild Samoans and Ernie Ladd vs Andre, Dusty Rhodes and JYD is on the Mid South set that just came out. Which is what sparked this thread haha.

Reactions: s i Ç

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Andre wasn't even ga-

Oh! Yeah, I get it. besides those guys I have no idea.

Reactions: SOR

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Likes wrestling....
9,143 Posts
I thought I read that Don Leo Jonathon slammed him as well. Also suprised there was no Killer Kahn.

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Ax from Demolition was actually the first person to slam Andre, they just never really acknowledge it.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Ax from Demolition was actually the first person to slam Andre, they just never really acknowledge it.
Never heard that before, When did Ax slam him? (I assume, if he did it, it was as Masked Superstar)

·
18,013 Posts
Never heard that before, When did Ax slam him? (I assume, if he did it, it was as Masked Superstar)
I'm not overly sure, but he did, it was part of demolition from what I recall, I was trying to find a YouTube clip of it but I'm on my phone at the moment and there has been a few times they clashed, google it, I'm sure you'll find something :)

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Well if it was part of Bil Eadies Demolition days I highly doubt that rumor.

First of all, Andre "hadnt been slammed" in WWF until Hogan did it at WM 1987, which was held in March. Demolition debuted in late January that year. Andre, due to health issues had not wrestled in WWF since mid 1986. Furthermore, Since the gimmick was that Andre had not been slammed at the time, I highly doubt that a new tag team wrestler were allowed to slam Andre before Hogan.

Furthermore, If you look at old Demolition matches, despite both Ax and Smash being built somewhat of powerhouses or what ever, it was always Smash who bodyslammed the big guys. Just look at Summer Slam 1989 when Smashe slammed both Bossman and Akeem in a six man tag, but NOT Andre who wa in that match too.

However, Bill Eadie had wrestled as Masked Superstar since the 1970's, so it is possible that he then DID slam Andre.

·
18,013 Posts
Well if it was part of Bil Eadies Demolition days I highly doubt that rumor.

First of all, Andre "hadnt been slammed" in WWF until Hogan did it at WM 1987, which was held in March. Demolition debuted in late January that year. Andre, due to health issues had not wrestled in WWF since mid 1986. Furthermore, Since the gimmick was that Andre had not been slammed at the time, I highly doubt that a new tag team wrestler were allowed to slam Andre before Hogan.

Furthermore, If you look at old Demolition matches, despite both Ax and Smash being built somewhat of powerhouses or what ever, it was always Smash who bodyslammed the big guys. Just look at Summer Slam 1989 when Smashe slammed both Bossman and Akeem in a six man tag, but NOT Andre who wa in that match too.

However, Bill Eadie had wrestled as Masked Superstar since the 1970's, so it is possible that he then DID slam Andre.
Yeah, I saw it myself on something, I can't remember what match it was but I did.

Just looked it up now, and it's even on his Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Eadie

It's in the section : NWA and WWWF/WWF (1973–1984)

So it possibly is before his Demolition days (my bad) ... though I'm pretty sure I saw the footage somewhere years ago, and it seemed like Demolition to me .. but again, I could be mistaken as I only vaguely remember it, I just know that he did actually do it :)

·
Likes wrestling....
9,143 Posts
Yeah, I saw it myself on something, I can't remember what match it was but I did.

Just looked it up now, and it's even on his Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Eadie

It's in the section : NWA and WWWF/WWF (1973–1984)

So it possibly is before his Demolition days (my bad) ... though I'm pretty sure I saw the footage somewhere years ago, and it seemed like Demolition to me .. but again, I could be mistaken as I only vaguely remember it, I just know that he did actually do it :)
I think I have actually heard him talk about it in person, it was as Masked Superstar.

And he was clearly not the first, but may have been the 15th or so. Did you watch the video of people slamming Andre that sic posted?

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Yes a lot of people slammed Andre, but the different to any other guy getting slammed is that it actually made something special when doing it.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is it true Andre didn't get pinned until WM3? He had to of gotten pinned in Japan or something right?

·
18,013 Posts
It's still crazy how they credit Hogan as being the first to slam him, maybe that was in the WWF/E, I dunno, but even so, if Ax had slammed Andre while in Demolition, I bet they'd still say Hogan was the first lol

I like Ax, he's cool, was always my favourite member of Demolition!

·
Likes wrestling....
9,143 Posts
It's still crazy how they credit Hogan as being the first to slam him, maybe that was in the WWF/E, I dunno, but even so, if Ax had slammed Andre while in Demolition, I bet they'd still say Hogan was the first lol

I like Ax, he's cool, was always my favourite member of Demolition!

Agreed. But Andre was slammed by others in the WWF before I believe. The WWF re-writes history all the time. If Superstar slammed Andre, which the internet on several sites confirms it probably happened in the Mid Atalnatic Area or the 70's WWF.

Ax was/still is awesome. He is a great human. He still sells his Masked Superstar masks for charity. I liked him much better as Masked Superstar. Probably one of the top five greatest masked American heavyweight wrestlers ever.
no particular order...
Spoiler, Masked Superstar, Mr Wrestling 2, Kane, The Destroyer

AS far as pinning Andre, I think this has been a thread before, but I cannot remember who everyone came up with.

·
18,013 Posts
Agreed. But Andre was slammed by others in the WWF before I believe. The WWF re-writes history all the time.

Ax was/still is awesome. He is a great human. He still sells his Masked Superstar masks for charity. I liked him much better as Masked Superstar. Probably one of the top five greatest masked American heavyweight wrestlers ever.
no particular order...
Spoiler, Masked Superstar, Mr Wrestling 2, Kane, The Destroyer

AS far as pinning Andre, I think this has been a thread before, but I cannot remember who everyone came up with.
Honestly, I only really know Ax as part of Demolition (probably why I thought the footage I saw was him as part of Demolition, again, it was such a long time ago and I was so young, I just remember seeing and hearing about it), but I did always like Ax the best out of Demolition, don't get me wrong, I didn't dislike Smash ... or Crush either for that matter, however I much preferred Crush during his singles run in the early - mid 90's, I always felt Demolition was Ax and Smash, for me personally.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts