Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's the first wrestler in years for in his in ring work that has made me tune into RAW to watch every one of his matches. For me he's raw best in ring performer by a mile and watching this video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZgkUvExKIg&feature=related it got me so up and just thinking how long before he's pushed to the main event scene to wrestle for the Main titles. He certainly would make the matches better. I Just wanted to know how long would you wait until you push him into the world title scene cause he's far better in the ring then most of the Main eventers.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Re: How long would you ubtil you would like Daniel Byran pushed to the Main event sce

If they were looking to go another way with the Rumble besides Miz/Orton with the Miz as champ, they could put him against Miz there but I doubt it. I think they could use him to make the US championship mean something again if they have him hold it long enough and have him face the right guys like a Swagger who could use his All American gimmick to fuel the feud. My guess is maybe a Elimination Chamber main event but nothing reasonable in thinking he could win until at least August next year.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,819 Posts
Re: How long would you ubtil you would like Daniel Byran pushed to the Main event sce

At least one year. At least.

The richest part of the ascendancy is in the slow, steady rise. Striptease. Foreplay. The euphoric joy is in the anticipation.

He should be US Champion for 365 days or thereabouts, and then we'll see, okay?

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,375 Posts

He's the first wrestler in years for in his in ring work that has made me tune into RAW to watch every one of his matches. For me he's raw best in ring performer by a mile and watching this video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZgkUvExKIg&feature=related it got me so up and just thinking how long before he's pushed to the main event scene to wrestle for the Main titles. He certainly would make the matches better. I Just wanted to know how long would you wait until you push him into the world title scene cause he's far better in the ring then most of the Main eventers.
If you think that video was awesome watch this lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG-fyks6iSc

·
Registered
983 Posts

I'd even wait 5 years, will make the win all that much special.

·
Registered
218 Posts

I love watching Daniel Bryan! He's one of my focal points of interest on RAW; the others don't interest me as much. I don't think they should push him too soon though. It wouldn't even make sense pushing him into the current ME scene and he only just had a feud with the Miz.

I think he should be in the ME scene no earlier than the same time next year and no later than WM XXVIII

·
Banned
295 Posts

Never. He's too small and thus too unbelievable. Yes, same with Rey Mysterio and I think it was a mistake both times he was strapped but at least he has the latino demographic.

Daniel Bryan is a fantastic worker, bad promo but he is exactly where he should be at right now. Having good-to-great matches with people like Dolph Ziggler.

You can act like size doesn't matter in wrestling all you want and you can name drop the Benoit's, Michaels' and Guerrero's until you're blue in the face but when you put a 5'7", <200lbs pale dude in the ring with someone like The Undertaker? You still have to be able to suspend disbelief. Also, let's not forget how gassed up Benoit/Guerrero/Mysterio got to even be considered...

·
Registered
3,192 Posts

Slow build-up would be better.

Just have him hold the US title for a couple of months more, and lose it to Kidd or Riley.

I certainly see some tag team potential with Bateman on NXT. Him being in the tag team division would certainly give it a boost. Give them a run.

Then the obvious break-up. Turn him heel. Have a couple of long feuds.

Then push him to the moon and give him the world title.

I'd give it 2-3 years...

·
Registered
218 Posts

Never. He's too small and thus too unbelievable. Yes, same with Rey Mysterio and I think it was a mistake both times he was strapped but at least he has the latino demographic.

Daniel Bryan is a fantastic worker, bad promo but he is exactly where he should be at right now. Having good-to-great matches with people like Dolph Ziggler.

You can act like size doesn't matter in wrestling all you want and you can name drop the Benoit's, Michaels' and Guerrero's until you're blue in the face but when you put a 5'7", <200lbs pale dude in the ring with someone like The Undertaker? You still have to be able to suspend disbelief. Also, let's not forget how gassed up Benoit/Guerrero/Mysterio got to even be considered...
I agree with you on Rey but I think Daniel Bryan does have the tools to pull this off. Just not now.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts

As long as Jeff had to wait.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts

Slow build-up would be better.

Just have him hold the US title for a couple of months more, and lose it to Kidd or Riley.

I certainly see some tag team potential with Bateman on NXT. Him being in the tag team division would certainly give it a boost. Give them a run.

Then the obvious break-up. Turn him heel. Have a couple of long feuds.

Then push him to the moon and give him the world title.

I'd give it 2-3 years...
I agree with this. 2-3 years and it would be something more special. Bryan does not need the "Super-Push"

·
Registered
5,100 Posts

He needs to drop US title to Ted DiBiase first. :p

I don't see him main eventing next year, in 2012 it's possible because most of the veterans will already retire.

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts

If you believe Undertaker and Kane are going to be Main Eventing by the end of 2011 then your mistaken. Let me ask you this, did you find it believable that Bryan beat Miz clean for the US championship? If Bryan is built properly when WWE decides its his time in the main event, then I dont see a problem. I would love to see a main event World Title feud featuring Chris Jericho and Daniel Bryan or CM Punk and Daniel Bryan.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts

The second half of 2010..CM Punk would get the WWE title and there you can run something with Bryan. The Lebell lock should solidly over by then and they can continue where they where they were about to start before CM Punk got injured. It has to be a CM Punk or a returning Jericho because guys like Orton, Cena, or Cripple H aren't gonna put Bryant over in the least.

·
Registered
241 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts

Maybe a 2 or 3 years not to quick though like others. He is in the midcard at the moment and should stay there and feud with strong mid or upper mid carders like John Morrison & CM Punk and after he can feud with established superstars like Sheamus & Randy Orton so that he can prove that he's ready to main event & become WWE/World champion.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts

Never.

He's better as a show opener rather than ender. He should be the new Owen Hart.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts

Small guys beat big guys in real. Check out the following MMA fights...

Genki Sudo vs. Butterbean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2SqIkt0E7o

Royce Gracie vs. Akebono

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POJ2T023M4I
Trained Mixed Martial artists against a boxer and sumo wrestler proves nothing. Thats like sticking a 25 foot great white shark vs a 4" Scorpion but base the fight in the desert.

Not that small cant beat big. Just please use better examples.

·
Registered
621 Posts

Bryan is too good in the ring to be pushed by WWE. They prefer to push guys who don't have any wrestling talent - ala Miz, Cena or Barrett. Bryan will be released in a few years just like Benjamin, the only way he can get a push is if he sucks Triple H's or Vince's balls like some other guys did to get their push.

·
Registered
130 Posts

If he's not main eventing by the end of 2012, then he never will be.

He's one of my favourite wrestlers and he deserves to be main eventing.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts