Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, it's a stick on for me that they will run with this for a while, Cena will find a way out and be the big hero again, but how long will they stretch it out? The HBK working for JBL storyline was a good one and well acted out, and they didn't stretch it out too long either, however I reckon they'll run with this one a lot longer. Survivor Series is too close IMHO. More likely it'll be Royal Rumble or even Wrestlemania before they bring this storyline to a conclusion.

What say you?

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
It depends on when they can give Cena a legit excuse to fight Barrett one on one, and have an exuse not to half ass it. 'Mania would be a good point, if Barrett's WWE Champion walking in and Cena wins the Royal Rumble, which would give him a way to defy the Barrett's instructions and put him down once and for all.

·
Registered
758 Posts
It depends on when they can give Cena a legit excuse to fight Barrett one on one, and have an exuse not to half ass it. 'Mania would be a good point, if Barrett's WWE Champion walking in and Cena wins the Royal Rumble, which would give him a way to defy the Barrett's instructions and put him down once and for all.
Well apart from Wade being able to tell Cena what to do so all he will do (kayfabe)is to lie down for the 3 count and as a Wrestlemania main event that would suck donkey balls

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I was actually quite concerned that they were promoting bullying.
Or just promoting standing up against bullying. Cena reaches out to the kids after all.

I'd like to see this run a while longer too. I for one was glad when the HBK/JBL angle was over as I didn't think much for it. Even by WWE standards there was a gaping hole in the plot. HBK hit hard times and was broke and so turned to JBL to bail him out. Um, didn't he have a job with WWE as a main event name on their flagship show? Did Vince just magically stop paying him?

Back on subject. I'm enjoying the vignettes between Barrett and Cena too much to want to see this end, but I do think Bragging Rights will bring on the beginning of the end.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
Well apart from Wade being able to tell Cena what to do so all he will do (kayfabe)is to lie down for the 3 count and as a Wrestlemania main event that would suck donkey balls
Technically, no. Cena's not at risk of getting fired while he's got the Rumble contract, and as for him ignoring Cena, he could claim not to hear him or any other plausible excuse.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
i think that they are doing a good job with the nexus and cena angle, unless the gm changes his mind or goes away, cena is going to need a legitimate reason to wrestle barrett unless cena is a apart of the humiliation plot just to be able to make people think that he is being punked by barrett and made to do what barrett says in order to give him a secure way of helping barrett win the title, thus revealing his heel turn.

·
My man
6,506 Posts
Or just promoting standing up against bullying. Cena reaches out to the kids after all.

I'd like to see this run a while longer too. I for one was glad when the HBK/JBL angle was over as I didn't think much for it. Even by WWE standards there was a gaping hole in the plot. HBK hit hard times and was broke and so turned to JBL to bail him out. Um, didn't he have a job with WWE as a main event name on their flagship show? Did Vince just magically stop paying him?

Back on subject. I'm enjoying the vignettes between Barrett and Cena too much to want to see this end, but I do think Bragging Rights will bring on the beginning of the end.
How was it is standing up against bullying when Cena took it like a bitch :/

·
Registered
158 Posts
they could end it today and it wouldn't end soon enough for me. Between this and eliminating members of nexus that whole concept has taken a turn for the worse.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
How long? Too long. And not a second less.
Not entirely true. What will almost certainly happen is that in terms of screen time, it will indeed go on too long but in terms of weeks/months, not long enough. WWE will overuse it and cause the angle to burn out if recent history is any indication.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Probably until SS when former Nexus lead by Cena fights Nexus, or when Team Cena fights Team Nexus for his freedom. Or Alternately when Cena realizes that it was never stated that HE CAN'T HIT BARRETT. Neither Barrett nor the GM stated such, it's a huge plothole, and Barrett hasn't even said not to attack other Nexus members IIRC. SO either by that loophole or just by SS.

Hopefully it's soon,it's just getting increasingly boring and petty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts