Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Banned
4,575 Posts
Wait... Del Rio's the champion???

· Banned
4,575 Posts
People think the way things are set up for him, that its only a matter time till his reign begins.
I know, but the wording of the OP makes it sound like it's already happened. "Anything can happen in the WWE."

· Registered
3,320 Posts
He's not winning. Nearly every year there's a swerve, and that's gonna be the one.

Cena will win (he's at the ME, with Rock, and Miz's reign has been long enough. And he's been in a horrible year kayfabe-wise).

Taker will win, no doubts here.

Edge will retain. Why? This is like last's year build up between Y2J & Edge. Jericho got dominated and finally retained. The same will happen here.

· Registered
925 Posts
He's not winning. Nearly every year there's a swerve, and that's gonna be the one.

Cena will win (he's at the ME, with Rock, and Miz's reign has been long enough. And he's been in a horrible year kayfabe-wise).

Taker will win, no doubts here.

Edge will retain. Why? This is like last's year build up between Y2J & Edge. Jericho got dominated and finally retained. The same will happen here.
I have to dissagree. It would be a completely wasted opportunity for edge AND cena to win. One of these young guys has to be given the rub and the opportunity to become a big name. I would like it to be the Miz but I think it will be Del Rio

· Registered
1,247 Posts
I believe that Miz will retain, because I feel like WWE has invested too much to build him up to just let him get buried by Cena on the grandest stage of them all. As such, I also believe that Edge will retain, because I don't see them closing out WrestleMania with 2 heel victories. Del Rio has been booked incredibly strong, winning the Rumble and going over a number of faces clean. It's not going to hurt his credibility at all if he puts on a strong showing at WM but ends up losing.

· Registered
3,659 Posts
I believe that Miz will retain, because I feel like WWE has invested too much to build him up to just let him get buried by Cena on the grandest stage of them all. As such, I also believe that Edge will retain, because I don't see them closing out WrestleMania with 2 heel victories. Del Rio has been booked incredibly strong, winning the Rumble and going over a number of faces clean. It's not going to hurt his credibility at all if he puts on a strong showing at WM but ends up losing.
maybe have taker/HHH go on last?'
I just hope, somehow Miz goes over, he really needs to be cemented into a main eventer, because his weak booking hasn't helped one bit.

· Ho!
20,682 Posts
Del Rio will beat Edge... and it pains me to say that. While he should be a World Champion within the next year, he's going to get it too early come WM. He's not THAT entertaining to me or as great as some people want to believe. That being said, more recently (since he's won the Rumble), he's not anywhere near as bad or overrated as others want us to believe. He's overrated, but not that overrated. He's good in the ring, decent on the mic, plays his character to near perfection, and has a lot of charisma. The problem is he's now being pushed down our throats by WWE.

I don't believe anyone really buys Del Rio being worthy of main eventing WM (or being in one of the main events), only that they preference him over others and want him to be champion over a broken down in ring and character wise, Edge. That's fair but I still don't really buy him leading Smackdown as World Champion just yet. It's gonna happen though starting at WM, and I'm probably gonna get used to it, but for now, I just can't see it.

And as for people saying Miz will retain against Cena... that'd be the shocker of the year. The only way I could see that happening is if a Rock/Cena feud is in the works for the next few months and Rock costs Cena the match, but that's a long long LONG shot. On top of that unless WWE decides to let Edge/Del Rio main event (which won't happen), or Taker/Triple H main event (which I don't think should happen since a non-title match main eventing Mania should happen once in a blue-moon, not two years in a row), they're stuck with Cena/Miz. Because of that, Cena will have to be the face to send the fans home happy, and Del Rio will win the World Title to balance it all out earlier in the night.

Reactions: TLC

· Registered
2,171 Posts
If Del Rio does win(which I'm pretty sure he will), I think his reign will last about 2-3 months, a typical first reign. He will end up losing it to somebody that gets drafted over from RAW or Undertaker.

· The One Who Knocks
5,703 Posts
I don't know how long Del Rio's reign would last. But if Christian gets put in the match and wins the title, I'll be satisfied if he makes it to the end of the show with the belt.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
When he does beat Edge, his reign will be somewhere on par with Miz's, but a little shorter. I'll say 3 and a half months or 4. At which point, he'll probably lose to Rey who will have another short reign before the MITB guy (I really hope it's Barrett...) takes advantage of him.

· Registered
1,915 Posts
In 2006 WWE had Umaga undefeated all year, then at the start of 2007 they finally announced Cena defending his title against the undefeated Umaga. Umaga dominated the whole match only to lose his first match ever when Cena beat him with a school-boy. In the summer of 2007 Orton was booked very strongly and dominating everyone. He took out RVD, HBK, Dusty Rhodes, Sgt, Slaughter, then they finally announced him as No. 1 Contender for Cena's title. Orton dominated all the way to SummerSlam only to lose to Cena not just at SummerSlam but also the following month at Unforgiven....The point of the stories, doesnt matter how much WWE invest in someone, they are no match for Superman...esp in a big four ppv, and esp after the year Cena has had.

Also if Del Rio does win the title I see the reign lasting until like Fatal-4-Way ppv(which is July I think, who knows) so he can lose the title without being pinned or something.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.