Wrestling Forum banner

How Long will Booker T last as a Commentator?

14207 Views 101 Replies 86 Participants Last post by  rcc
I know there are threads about Booker T's new position but after watching Smackdown, Do you guys think he actually secured his position, Or is it a matter of time before they take him off commentary? :hmm:

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

· Registered
215 Posts
hes is ok hypes ups wrestler a lot which i like and you dont usually see like with jackson calling him juggernaught and stuff he is something new but i preferable want him back as a star its like he is his full potential no ring rust or age struck to be honest i want him back in ring cause something seems diferent about him now in a positive way

· Lucy Snorebush
2,155 Posts
At the start of the show there was a few facepalm moments, or him interupting / speaking at the wrong times over a pinfall etc. But he picked it up incredibly quick and found his way with ease. I found him really refreshing, he reminds me of J.R in the sense he likes to oversell the impact of moves and really put over the superstars in the ring, which pretty much all commentators havn't been doing to the extent that they should be.

Also enjoyed the interaction between all 3 commentators, especially Booker vs Cole.

Cole: "Alberto Del Rio hitting Hornswoggle was a complete accident."
Booker: "How about I lean over and smack you in the mouth Cole, would 'dat be an accident?"
Cole: "No it wouldn't, and I'd make sure I'd sue you for it."
Booker: "Yeah and Del Rio certainly wasn't an accident."

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,061 Posts
Most likely until Lawler is back in his regular role. I'm assuming that Matt Striker is going to move over to Raw due to Lawler being in the main-event at EC, it would be stupid use him as an announcer right now. Once Lawler loses, he'll probably be back and that will mean the end of Booker T.

However, I could see King losing because of Cole and punching him. That would mean Lawler is fired which would then mean the Smackdown spot was open long-term.

· Registered
188 Posts
Booker signed a long term contract with WWE (I suspect like 5-6 years). So Booker will be around for some time.

· Registered
241 Posts
I thought he was great and will only get better. He really won me over. WWE needs someone who puts the wrestlers over. Especially with Cole in heel mode, Lawler wrestling and Josh Matthews pretty much a cipher.

Booker reminded me of JBL on commentary except in the face role.

· Registered
817 Posts
Either his mic was down, he talks quietly, or his voice isnt prominent enough for commentary. couldn't hear him most of the night!

· Registered
2,835 Posts
At the start of the show there was a few facepalm moments, or him interupting / speaking at the wrong times over a pinfall etc. But he picked it up incredibly quick and found his way with ease. I found him really refreshing, he reminds me of J.R in the sense he likes to oversell the impact of moves and really put over the superstars in the ring, which pretty much all commentators havn't been doing to the extent that they should be.
I was about to say the same exact thing, but no need to. Well put!

· Registered
980 Posts
I have a feeling it could be over after a few months, hopefully not It's something new, reminds me of JBL + Cole.

· Registered
2,275 Posts
I love Booker on commentary. He actually knows what hes talking about. I see him being pulled into a match sooner or later and wrestling full time eventually though. I mean, Vince knows Booker is a draw, hes not gonna let him sit out for too long...

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.