Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all these year there are still plenty of people saying "WWE almost destroyed this guy's career" " they wanted to bury him so bad" and i say thats BS, i mean Bryan was every week on TV cutting long promos, he was almost always on the ME, he won almost every title in WWE he destroyed Evolution and buried Batista for real, he is GM now making tons of money and even after saying he will return to wrestle he is still getting great spots on TV. For the ones claiming WWE tried to bury him, they don " try" they bury people when they feel period, ask Cesaro, Ryder or Rusev.

Premium Member
No one is ready for Konami
Bryan was treated like a star the moment he stepped foot in WWE, from being the focal point of NXT in 2010, to beating the Miz for the US. Title, to winning Money in the Bank and winning the World Title in 2011, all this was before the yes movement began.. People just like to complain about something.

Respect My Pimphand..
He was definitely always valued by the company and treated like a huge star. Not many rational supporters would disagree with that.

What most agree on, though, is that the Company didn't want to book him as a perpetual maineventer, let alone the FOTC, which, many will argue, his talent level, overness, and drawing power (if we go by the viewers he would generate in the quarter hour breakdowns) commanded.

He was pushed very much, but he was replaced by Big Show in a storyline and his Mania Main Event was not the original script. Someone "pushed to the moon" wouldn't have become an afterthought in his own storyline and would have won The Rumble. If Punk doesn't leave, no HHH match and if the fans don't revolt, it's Batista vs. Orton at Mania XXX.

Banned
No one is. Doesn't change the fact that they tried to stunt his momentum and drop him down the card, like the Big Show bullshit and the original planned feud with Sheamus for Mania. But WWE elitists around here would have you believe that he was always planned to main event Mania 30.

Registered
No one is. Doesn't change the fact that they tried to stunt his momentum and drop him down the card, like the Big Show bullshit and the original planned feud with Sheamus for Mania. But WWE elitists around here would have you believe that he was always planned to main event Mania 30.
He wasn't the most over guy until Punk left anyway...

Banned
His random idiotic feud where he kept getting his ass kicked by the Wyatts, right after the hottest victory of his career against Cena was pretty much a waste of time. He should have won the feud with Orton or lost it and won Rumble. Instead, he lost to Bray Wyatt at Royal Rumble. If Punk never left, he would have been in a random feud with Sheamus at Mania. And if he wasn't one of the most historically over wrestlers since Austin/Rock, Orton/Batista would have been the main event of that Mania.

Registered
. And if he wasn't one of the most historically over wrestlers since Austin/Rock, Orton/Batista would have been the main event of that Mania.
Yes and then the WWE title is around the waist of one of the stars of that summers hottest blockbuster instead some on no one all summer cause he went and himself injured

Banned
Yes and then the WWE title is around the waist of one of the stars of that summers hottest blockbuster instead some on no one all summer cause he went and himself injured
No, Batista was losing at Mania and Blandy Boreton would have been champion while HHH/Steph piss off Batista back to hollywood like they did.

Registered
He got a strong push from may till Summerslam 2013 thanks to head writer who loved him and pushed hard in March 2014/Wrestlemania 30

But let's not pretend he wasn't booked to lose every match on nxt to rookies.
He was described as a loser, virgin, goatface on tv by commentators regularly
Was booked with women like the Bellas, Gail Kim to humilate him because women like that would never touch a guy like Bryan
Lost his whc in 18 seconds at mania
Was demoted from the main event post hiac 2013 for big show who stole his catchphrase
Made to join the Wyatt's and turn heel
Beaten clean by Bray Wyatt and not entered in rumble
Made to look like a geek running away from kane (would Cena, rock, Austin, Hogan, reigns have been booked that way)
Dumped out if the 2015 rumble like a jobber

Banned
After all these year there are still plenty of people saying "WWE almost destroyed this guy's career" " they wanted to bury him so bad" and i say thats BS, i mean Bryan was every week on TV cutting long promos, he was almost always on the ME, he won almost every title in WWE he destroyed Evolution and buried Batista for real, he is GM now making tons of money and even after saying he will return to wrestle he is still getting great spots on TV. For the ones claiming WWE tried to bury him, they don " try" they bury people when they feel period, ask Cesaro, Ryder or Rusev.
He pretty much did, winning the IC title at his last Mania made him a Grand Slam Champion, that means he won every active title he was eligible for during his time with WWE.

Banned
Yeah, OP overestimates the guy who, three months before Bryan's win, said Orton VS Batista will be the biggest Main Event of all time.

That's a rocket push indicator right there.

Incredible how salty people still are 3 years later about the fact that the Daniel Bryan thing exposed every smelly, dirty, festering practic of their beloved company.

Registered
He was pushed to the moon, when he should have been pushed to Mars. WWE hasn't had a boom period / crossover star since The Rock left. I saw Bryan on Sportscenter, saw him in a World Series parade, saw the "Yes" chant on college campuses everywhere. Why not push him to FOTC status and see what happens? There's nothing to lose, right? Look at the failed Reigns push and how long that's been going. Look at how unpopular WWE is right now. It's further out of the mainstream than it's been in my entire lifetime. Why you don't do everything in your power to capitalize on an organic opportunity like Bryan, I'll never know.

Banned
Imo he was used perfectly. If he was pushed any stronger he would not be nearly as over. You want to know how you book an underdog? Study the career of Bryan. The only thing I would have liked to see is him winning the rumble in 2015 and facing Lesnar at mania

Us champ
Ic champ
Tag champ
Wwe champ
World heavyweight champ
Mitb winner
Wm maineventer

How is that not being pushed? In 4 years he did it all. The only guy that has been pushed harder post the Cena/Batista/Orton era is Reigns.

Reactions: wwe9391
1 - 20 of 59 Posts