Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Linda running for office, and with all the mudslinging that comes with politics, it's probably going to be a matter of time before WWE's past instances are brought up like they where before. Remember Vince crusading and claiming all the accusations such as drug abuse and steroid use where bias and inaccurate reports and telling The WWE Universe to post videos showing their support? And how they aired promos of them saying the WWE is the best place to work at and they wouldn't change it for anything? Needless to say, the fanbase did a Sit Down in protest.

It's only going to be a while before this happens again.

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,607 Posts
That campaign was absolutely ridiculous. Vince McMahon, the guy who ran roughshod over all the territories, killing their business and scooping up their best talents needed the paying customers to do his sweeping under the rug for him.

Even more eyeball-rolling was that Fan Appreciation Day in Connecticut, which WWE went out of their way to say WASN'T connected to Linda's campaign. Good Lord.

·
Registered
11,111 Posts
I sometimes think Linda's opponents have no fucking clue that the stuff that happens in WWE is fucking SCRIPTED...do they bitch at the actors in movies they enjoy for killing people? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I sometimes think Linda's opponents have no fucking clue that the stuff that happens in WWE is fucking SCRIPTED...do they bitch at the actors in movies they enjoy for killing people? :rolleyes:
Yes but the scripts often include very distasteful content and the way in which wwe has conductued it's business in the past is what is going to be srutinised by Linda's opponents. The countless deaths and how they happened too.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
WWE recently retweeted the Stand Up For WWE twitter account, so my guess is pretty soon. Sadly.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Yes but the scripts often include very distasteful content and the way in which wwe has conductued it's business in the past is what is going to be srutinised by Linda's opponents. The countless deaths and how they happened too.
Still don't get why they call her out for the WWE stuff. Only reason they do so is cause there's video evidence. But like what was said before, actors kill people in movies and stuff, doesn't mean that they're gonna be called out in real life for it...

She even gets called out for stuff in WWE that happens after she's gone from the company. That makes even less sense.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Political opponents will find anything they can and wwe has an incredibly seedy and dirty history. The industry on the whole has a terrible reputation, thats why they are trying to get people to stand up for them. Ridiculous considering all the evidence her opposition needs is on video. Nonetheless that is why the campaign was launched

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I wonder if WWE would ever be able to get any celebs who are WWE fans and openly support the Republican party(since the stand up for WWE stuff is basically to help Linda) to take part in the video too. I'm sure they'd be able to get at least 1 person?

Everything seems more important if a celeb says it. Regardless of who the celeb is or what they say, people seem to listen to them way more.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I wonder if WWE would ever be able to get any celebs who are WWE fans and openly support the Republican party(since the stand up for WWE stuff is basically to help Linda) to take part in the video too. I'm sure they'd be able to get at least 1 person?

Everything seems more important if a celeb says it. Regardless of who the celeb is or what they say, people seem to listen to them way more.
money talks, I'm sure they could easily manage that

1 - 13 of 13 Posts