Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I like the show, i watch it every week but lets face it, almost nobody follow it, last week it didnt even make the network's top 20 must watched shows , hell you can even tell the crowd dont want to be there. There are to much unknown low carders like Ariya Daivari or Lince Dorado and and the TOP Nam
Names like TJP, Jack Gallager or Tozawa get semi-mild reactions at best in fact Tozawa's battle cry ( Ha- Ha-Ha) is more over than him. I feel sorry for the performers but it seems 205 was never a succesful show show and nobody gives a damn about not even WWE.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
It might not get cancelled, but it may go from being "205 Live" to just "205". And it should air at the start of SD. Not afterwards.

The main issue is how they introduced so many different cruiserweights so quickly. It's hard to keep track/care about most of them because of this.

·
No Mercy
1,471 Posts
Hopefully soon. No one wants to watch a show dedicated to the cruiserweights, primarily due to the way they've been booked. Best just to cancel the show and relaunch the division on SD.

·
Registered
5 Posts
wont get cancelled, they need to do something with all the infinite number of wrestlers they sign only to steal from others (WCW tactics)
but would probably switch time slot with NXT at some point. although NXT is triple h thing and with vince ego, he will never let someone else's project get ahead of his main one. he wouldnt even allow his own 'side' project smackdown, to get equal promotion and budget than raw-the so called "wwe's flagship show". smackdown better show with less viewers intentionally (crazy ego).

·
Registered
11,149 Posts
I just think it's weird that some cruiserweights are cruiserweights and some cruiserweights are heavyweights. Like...AJ Styles, Finn Balor, The Miz , Kallisto etc get to compete for heavyweight belts. Makes it seem like these guys are just geeks.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
I just think it's weird that some cruiserweights are cruiserweights and some cruiserweights are heavyweights. Like...AJ Styles, Finn Balor, The Miz , Kallisto etc get to compete for heavyweight belts. Makes it seem like these guys are just geeks.
Honestly, in kayfabe it just means that these guys despite being cruiserweights are proven to be good enough to compete with the heavyweights. It makes sense since Kalisto and Balor have proven they can win titles on the heavyweight division so theres no need for them to go down. It doesn't mean that all the cruiserweights right now can't compete with the heavyeweights, its just hey've never had a chance to prove that yet since they were called up straight to 205 except Neville who chose to go down himself. Also Styles isn't a cruiserweight adn I don't believe theres a cruiserweight thats actually a heavyweight.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,306 Posts
The biggest problem is that they air it after Smackdown. It goes against all logical booking of a wrestling card. You send out the SD main event guys and they give you a main event. Then the fans sit through a full show with all of the undercard guys. They have the announce a dark main event just to keep people in the building.

I was at the SD after Wrestlemania. I had been on vacation all week and was nearing the end. SD was like my 4th wrestling show of the weekend and I had been doing a lot of stuff all week. SD ends and I wanted to leave but they told us Nakamura vs. Ziggler was happening after 205 Live. I wanted to see Nakamura and Ziggler is my little sister's favorite wrestler so we stayed. The guys on 205 Live were in a horrible spot. Nobody wanted to see the show, they just wanted to see Nakamura wrestle on go home. Everyone had to work really hard to get the crowd interested in their matches. Now, had they just sent these guys out there before SD went live it probably would have been an electric crowd and everyone would have been a lot more over.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
The WWE's general audience doesn't give a damn about any match when they catch on that it's not airing on television.

A few things need to be tried before cancelling it-
1. Move it to 6PM, before Smackdown.
2. Air it on television.
3. Start involving the cruisers in tag matches or 1-on-1 matches outside of the division to get them over.
4. Use Lince and Metalik.
5. Let them wrestle at their normal, higher speed.
6. Let them fly.

How can anyone expect them to get over if they aren't allowed to use their strengths (speed and agility)? Why did WWE even hire them if they are going to have them wrestle like little heavyweights?

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
Soon. The Crusierweights are not doing well.
The Neville-Austin match had boring chants at Extreme Rules. Who's genius idea was it to put two high flyers in a submission match? They needed a high flying ladder match!

The Crusierweight/Light Heavyweight Division has failed under WWE what two times? WCW understood that the guys need to go out and do their thing. No rest holds. No overselling. Just high-flying, fast-paced action. Don't limit their moveset. Guys like Rollins already do Phoenix Splashes. Right now, the cruiserweights are just like the heavyweights wrestling in purple ropes with the slow, methodical WWE style.

Also, it seems like WWE is trying to make the division a star. The purple ropes, the commentary team. It needs to focus on making its actual cruiserweight the stars like WCW made out of Jericho, Mysterio, Eddie, and Malenko.

Also, I am glad TJP didn't win the title. Neville is on fire. ��

1 - 15 of 15 Posts