Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm glad that they book him very strong so far, but how long do you think he should keep the belt? I want DiBiase to win the belt down the road in this feud but now i'm not really sure if he will ever win it because WWE seems trying to establish the belt more and WWE seems very high on Bryan at the moment so i think WWE will let him keep bulldozing everyone to get him more over and look credible to the fans. CM Punk is expected to return to the ring in around 3 months which is near the Elimination Chamber PPV, my guess is he'll resume his feud with Punk around that time and finishes it off at WM where he finally drops the belt to Punk.

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
Until they give Riley a shot. :side:

Really, for all I care he can hold it infinitely. I agree that he's likely to drop it when he faces Punk, even though Punk deserves to be in the main event instead...

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I say until Wrestlemania, or some time just before. He's been busting his ass and giving guys the best matches they've ever had. I say he should be rewarded with a substantial reign as champion.

Him losing it to Punk would be fine. As long as he does lose it to someone like Ted Dibiase, or anyone in Nexus, or Sheamus, or Alex Riley, or The Miz wouldn't be a good idea.

He'll probably hold it until Royal Rumble or Elimination Chamber. Which, is about the time Punk should be cleared to wrestle, so it's not that bad.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Hopefully untill they let him beat Miz or Barrett for the WWE title while still being US champion , at which point he simply surrenders the US title and a tournament is held to determine its new holder

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
who cares. its a 4th rate title that means nothing. Nice to see it actually get defended though. Him and Ziggler could both have long worthless title reigns till WM then unify them (if they are still taking that direction).

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
4th rate titles? Worthless? Who cares?

Gah! Dude thats the point! Thats why Ziggler & Bryan are having long runs with these titles , they are making them as valuable as they used to be in the old days by putting them on 2 highly skilled wrestlers who steal the show and are actually better than the main eventers are at wrestling! Its just like it used to be!

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I say as long as he keeps dishing out great matches on PPV...as long as possible. I would say give him a long reign, not sure if this feud with Dibiase is continuing but if it is, I'm nt sure I would want Bryan to drop it at any point. He and Ziggler are actually doing a great job of re-establishing the mid-card belts, and making them mean more with regulary title defences etc. So I'd like to see both hold onto them longer.

I would say Bryan should keep the title, and keep looking strng whilst doing it until Punk returns, possibly for a Wrestlemania showdown for the title.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
He should hold definately until wrestlemania. He's giving it some sort of prestige.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
4th rate titles? Worthless? Who cares?

Gah! Dude thats the point! Thats why Ziggler & Bryan are having long runs with these titles , they are making them as valuable as they used to be in the old days by putting them on 2 highly skilled wrestlers who steal the show and are actually better than the main eventers are at wrestling! Its just like it used to be!
Sorry but the u.s title belt that looks like its covered in stickers will never be anything. No matter how many defences it gets it wont mean anything. Giving both mid card titles long runs then unifying them and changing both for a new title (that actually looks good like the old IC and US titles)could work. WWE bringing in a new title even if its called the Telvision title could work (to replace not add too the titles) and have it defended on both shows week after week. Use it on PPVs have wrestlers look like they want to win it.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
until they have plans for him to hold the World Title. and if they never have those plans come up, then just give him this title indefinitely.

this guy is a fucking GIFT. he makes the beginning of a PPV more fun watching than the end of the PPV. this guy gets crowds completely enthralled in his matches. him and Ziggler put on one of the best matches this year, and just last night he had a great match with DiBiase, something i wasn't totally expecting because i'm not a huge fan of Ted. he is a great present for their PPV platform, and can provide 10-15 minute opening matches that get the crowd psyched for what's coming.

he's just wrestling greatness, and the WWE likes to keep most of their PPV matches title-oriented, so you keep this man always in the title hunt or holding a title, because when you get matches like that every month, he's worth it.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Daniel Bryan should win the world title, be both world champ and U.S. champ for at least 2 years. Meanwhile he ends Undertaker's streak after defeating Triple H via Pedigree at Royal Rumble. Ratings, buyrates, through the roof. Crowds chanting "Daniel Byran" in the middle of unrelated Cena matches. Then he wins the tag belts clean in a handicapped match.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Until WrestleMania, where he should drop it to CM Punk.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
He should have it until he can has a worth while feud, then he should drop, get it back again, drop, and make a run for the main event. Bryan has been building that belt back up with every ounce of being he has, the WWE should respect the hell out of him for it.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
until about Wrestlemania, I just hope that CM Punk isn't the one who takes the belt from him, I want CM Punk appearing in the main events.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Still quite a while. They need to not do the dumb thing and have him drop it to some boring heel on a random PPV at this point. He needs a long reign where it's defended at every PPV and eventually dropped to a worthy contender.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
until about Wrestlemania, I just hope that CM Punk isn't the one who takes the belt from him, I want CM Punk appearing in the main events.
I highly doubt it will happen, one WM main event spot definitely belongs to Orton and the other is probably either for The Miz or Barrett. And there's also John Cena whose role i'm still not sure but he's definitely gonna play a part in the main event scene. CM Punk basically is an upper-midcarder at Raw, maybe if he wins the Rumble he could be in the main event again by challenging Smackdown's world champion at WM who perhaps will be Edge.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
A year.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
As long as he actually defends the thing, he should keep it until at least Wrestlemania. It will do a lot of good for him and he's putting on the best match of the night at almost every PPV he wrestles on.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,082 Posts
He needs to be the longest-reigning United States Champion of all time. By a huge margin. Shatter the record.

In all seriousness, he should be US Champion for the next 18 months or two years. Whoever takes that from him will be made by it. And he's making himself with this reign. Every pay-per-view match, he is instrumental in putting on the best match of somebody else's career (Miz, Ziggler, DiBiase), elevating them hugely in the eyes of the fans, while making himself into a star. He must remain in this key capacity as the midcard gatekeeper for a looong time. He's just too natural to mess around with for the time being. Let the epic reign continue.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts