Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,202 Posts
It's the WWE, they will fuck up everything. They already fucked up the match concept of Hell In A Cell for the last two straight years. That's an example.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Imagine a baseball game where your teams triple a affiliate smokes your team after playing a game the night before while your team is well rested. That's what happened here. What happens when this domination doesn't move the needle in NXT? You just wasted two rosters getting the wrong people over for the wrong reasons.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Hey everyone, are we talking about TNA here?

·
Registered
123 Posts
The booking and card layout was very bad.

Shinsuke Nakamura - the only man in the match with a manager in Sami Zayn, took the pin. Nakamura has not won a big match other than the Royal Rumble in his entire WWE career and despite being a heel with help in technically a no-DQ match, he took the pin. Terrible. Nakamura needed that win and he should have pinned AJ Styles. Styles is Styles, he can survive a loss like that. You don't need Roderick Strong to lose. Have the role reversed where Strong is about to win after hitting Styles with a big shot and then Nakamura swooping in even. Instead, Nakamura fails again and is the weakest of the three mid-card champions.

Bayley also desperately needed a win in that match...or at least not be the one to tap out clean. If you need Bayzler to win at least have her two sidekicks interfere. Bayley and Nakamura both taking the losses does nothing for Smackdown on Friday Night on Fox with diminishing ratings. Keep in mind, NXT is already beating AEW on Wednesday.

I feel like Nakamura and Team Smackdown Men's led by Reigns needed their wins. I think Bayley needed her win as well, but could deal with Bayzler is she played the big heel and had interference and stole the victory, giving her more heat as a cheater in that match.

So at least, Smackdown gets those two wins.

I'm fine with the Vikings Raiders win because they take on too many jobbers and needed a big win over top teams. I think the Street Profits would have very much benefitted from the win in the opener if you don't have Imperium win. And Walter should NOT have been the first person eliminated. Should have been Corbin, then he throws tantrum and attacks his teammates and he gets even more hate.

So we have 2 for Smackdown (Men and Nakamura), 2 for Raw (Street Profits and Vikings Raiders). Then have the NXT women win to continue to incredibly build Rhea Ripley. Have Bayzler win by help with interference to protect Bayley more giving it a 2-2-2 tie. The final Lio Rush winning was absolutely fine so in the end NXT wins BUT...each show got something.

Smackdown shows they have the best men's division. Raw has the best Tag division. NXT has the best women's and cruiserweight division. All shows elevated (though I would want Bayley to win, giving Smackdown the victory overall in actuality.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great name of a thread.

I used to love Survivor Series way before first brand split and loved this PPV even more after that. RAW vs SmackDown, heels (not) working with babyfaces, it was such a good concept. WWE product is not good, we all know that but after last year´s clusterfuck event I was actually excited this time. RAW vs SmackDown vs NXT, why not? But man, I´m very disappointed right now.

I must say I love NXT, always been a "developmental guy" and I watched a lot of OVW and FCW stuff back in the day, so NXT was always my guilty pleasure. But I´m not sure how to feel about black and gold brand going over, they were booked so strong in recents weeks so now RAW and SmackDown wrestlers look like absolute idiots. I´m shocked that Vince let this happen and what about Fox executives? I think Jericho´s comments about minor leagues and rivalry with AEW really clouded their judgment. But that is ok, it happened. BUT...............

1. Why they booked Rhea, probably the biggest babyface of recent weeks like an ordinary chickenshit heel? Sasha looked like megababyface and even people in arena were confused. And why choose Io Shirai and Candice LeRae for that last spot? Sure, they got injured in WarGames but these girls hate each other since this summer, consistency anyone? As far as Rhea goes, it was unnecessary.

2. Walter´s undefeated streak in WWE (correct me if I´m wrong) ended in like three minutes. What the fuck? Why was Keith Lee pinned by Roman and not Walter, you now, a CHAMPION? Maybe because they see NXT UK as least important brand, I get it, but fuck, then don´t book him in the match. He looks like a loser right now. I may be biased because I´m from Europe and I know a majority of these guys personally, but still.

3. I like Roddy since his ROH days, his cardio is amazing, his in-ring work too. In my opinion he is a better babyface then heel, that is not important right now, but he really didn´t have to beat more estabilished stars like AJ and Nakamura. As someone else mentioned, Nakamura even had a manager at ringside and still got pinned. Unvelievable.

4. Adam Cole should´t be on TV for a few weeks after that brutal spot in WarGames match, but there he is, jumping like he ate a Senzu Bean, even beating a credible opponent. Immortality in the ring is awesome, ask Young Bucks. I hate this stuff, simply hate it.

5. If they would let Mysterio beat Lesnar with a help of Dominic, they would create a pretty suprising feel good moment, even if he would lost WWE Championship back to Brock next night on RAW. Didn´t happen, of course.

6. I´m sick of tired of boring and stale Becky and emo Bayley with no charisma or promo skills and their dead respective divisions, so I don´t mind see Shayna going over. Her monsterpush in NXT is also getting boring but at least she has a good division there. But yeah, Bayley tapped out, they should put a title to Sasha because her credibility is destroyed forever, she really needed to win.

They screwed something again and my patience is running out, thankfully I can still watch NXT, AEW, Impact, NWA and MLW.

BTW. this is my first post on this forum in ten years, had to change my nickname and everything, but it feels good to be back.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts