Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The show was fine tonight, but....

how could they screw this up?! It was such an easy show to book, moreso than any other show they've done in a while.

Everything was fine up until Strong won which was a stupid decision and took me out of the show mentally because I realized NXT was just going to win it all easily since they want eyes on them to beat AEW.

In reality, Nakamura should have won that match with the help of Zayn (why was he even there if he was going to be a non-factor?) to tie it up between SD and NXT, and then the women's match should have gone in the spot where the men's team match was and Becky should have won it.

Then you'd have a 2-2-2 situation and the main event should have been the men's team match. Look how hot the crowd was for that match regardless of the booking. Imagine you put that on last with all 3 brands in with a chance of winning. There were endless possibilities to book that too. Owens turning on Raw to help NXT win, Reigns overcoming the issues within his team to aid SD to victory, etc. At that point you could have had anyone win, even NXT as they ended up doing so, but created a much more compelling show from top to bottom and carried fan interest all the way through to the last match.

It's just baffling how they ended up doing things when it was so easy to book. Having NXT dominate or win things in the manner I suggested wouldn't have made any difference on Wednesday nights anyway. They're not going to gain that much more viewers by winning 1-2 more matches than they should have. All they achieved by this is making SS end limp after a promising start and made Raw/SD look weak by comparison. No one will gain anything from this beyond this week, just as in past years with Survivor Series.

Time to end the brand supremacy BS for good and never bring it back again.

·
Queen of all Galaxies
3,460 Posts
The fact that fucking NXT won a brand supremacy Survivor Series in their first participation, while SmackDown never did in four years is disgusting.

I hate NXT, I don't want to see those boring and uncharismatic fuckers squash the SmackDown roster. Hopefully FOX does something about this.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean to me I didn't really care about the score in the end because I didn't care to begin with. It's nice NXT won the night. But even if the score had been 2-2-2, it wouldn't have made the main event better.
Not the main event they gave us, obviously not. I said the men's SS match should have main evented in that 2-2-2 scenario.

The fact that fucking NXT won a brand supremacy Survivor Series in their first participation, while SmackDown never did in four years is disgusting.

I hate NXT, I don't want to see those boring and uncharismatic fuckers squash the SmackDown roster. Hopefully FOX does something about this.
SD won in 2016.

·
Registered
810 Posts
If NXT would have lost people would have said how can the NXT guys get over if they’re not booked strong. My fear was the Corbin was going to be the sole Survivor. That didn’t happen so I’m ok with it.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I mean to me I didn't really care about the score in the end because I didn't care to begin with. It's nice NXT won the night. But even if the score had been 2-2-2, it wouldn't have made the main event better.
The alignments were all reversed. Shayna is a hateable heel representing the brand people want to cheer. Bayley the heel was representing the Brand no one wanted to tie. Becky is the only face representing the brand people want to hate and the brand out of the running.

Of course the match was flat.

·
#TeamCardcaptor and Oh... Still Music >>>> Wrestli
3,419 Posts
Another problem is that the NXT guys were booked TOO STRONG!!!!

They were too dominant. It's taking an effort of 2 brands to take them out but then, it still doesn't work. Both Raw and Smackdown still get owned anyway. What kind of logic is that??

It's like it comes down to 1 person from each brand... Raw has a big guy, Smackdown has another big guy and NXT has the tiniest and smarkiest of them all and somehow, NXT guy wins while both Raw and Smackdown guys handicap him and still the NXT guy dominates and wins.

It is somewhat of this kinda theme tonight.

It was a bit too much, in my opinion.

The match of the night was the men's survivor series match. The last two between Reigns and Lee was great, imo.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,366 Posts

They were too dominant. It's taking an effort of 2 brands to take them out but then, it still doesn't work. Both Raw and Smackdown still get owned anyway. What kind of logic is that??

It's like it comes down to 1 person from each brand... Raw has a big guy, Smackdown has another big guy and NXT has the tiniest and smarkiest of them all and somehow, NXT guy wins while both Raw and Smackdown guys handicap him and still the NXT guy dominates and wins.

The match of the night was the men's survivor series match. The last two between Reigns and Lee was great, imo.
What? How are Keith Lee and Rhea Ripley tiny? What match are you on about as the two elimination matches had two bigger people at the end?

·
3,419 Posts
What? How are Keith Lee and Rhea Ripley tiny? What match are you on about as the two elimination matches had two bigger people at the end?
I actually liked Keith Lee. He was a bit different than the other 3208432990 NXT guys that looked the same.

Him and Roman did some great business and even Roman got him over even in defeat.

I appreciated that.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,366 Posts
I actually liked Keith Lee. He was a bit different than the other 3208432990 NXT guys that looked the same.

Him and Roman did some great business and even Roman got him over even in defeat.

I appreciated that.
And again you said the last ones in the match were small. Now I didn't watch but unless I read wrong the last two in the elimination matches were Rhea and Lee who are not small so I am not sure why you are on about in the bolded part?

·
3,419 Posts
And again you said the last ones in the match were small. Now I didn't watch but unless I read wrong the last two in the elimination matches were Rhea and Lee who are not small so I am not sure why you are on about in the bolded part?
My main thing, this is more general, that the NXT guys were booked too strong, in my opinion. It kinda felt that way.

Also, feels like the big guys are struggling way too much against the smaller guys of NXT.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,859 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts

This right here. It made it seem fake, something that would turn off casuals. Its a bunch of guys they never heard beating the guys that have been on their TVs for years.

Also, i hate the lack of selling from wargames and the NXT brand being all buddy buddy. Candice and Io hate each other, but team up like BFFs to help Rhea win. Corbin and Regins, Charlotte and Asuka butted heads, but Bianca and Rhea standing in corner cheering each other on was disgusting.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Sure it would of made it better. There would of been bigger stakes to the match. It's not rocket science bud.

·
Team AEW
2,913 Posts
Imagine what a bunch of geeks main roster is, if NXT is slapping them around like that, and they don't even have the World Champion on their roster :ha

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
This show just showed how much Vince hates losing.. And the booking was clearly to boost NXT against AEW and nothing more. There was no screw ups, his Raw and Smackdown shows dont have any competition as such and dont really need any wins here.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts