Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets face it, Cm punk is a great talent but to become the top face of WWE you either need to be a badass like Austin or "Electrifying" on the mic like The Rock Or appeal to the Kids & women like Cena.

Sure, CM punk Promos are great but its not something the casuals can connect with. I mean the real reason CM Punk's career suddenly took off is not because of his classic R.O.H promos but the shock factor in his shoot & more importantly "The pipebomb".

So you can clearly see what the people want here. "Pipebomb" is only good as long as it is a shoot, it wont work forever. WWE cant have him do shoot promos all the time and handicap rest of their talent in the roster.

Jake the snake roberts had classic promos like punk but never even became a champion in his entire career lol. I know this is different era but still.... i really dont see CM Punk replacing cena as the top face when he turns heel.

and Punk's in-ring skills are only average despite IWC vastly overrating him.

TBH, i see The Miz being the replacement of Cena & CM Punk being a solid upper midcarder in the future.

Punk just doesnt cut it as the top face imo.

·
Registered
97 Posts
1) Cena wont be turning heel!
2) Punk is in a hard place, he is over with the fans but because of cutting edge promo's where he shoots people down. He has to turn heel and cut the same type of promo's but keep the people against him too

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The "pipebomb" shtick is not a crutch for CM Punk, just a gimmick. He shouldn't have a problem transitioning to more kayfabe-based promos in the future since he did it for years in the past.

Speaking of bombs, I think Miz would bomb as Cena's replacement. He doesn't have that marketable to the masses gimmick/appearance... there's nothing outstanding about him. I like him in the midcard but beyond that, it doesn't work.

·
Registered
572 Posts
The "pipebomb" shtick is not a crutch for CM Punk, just a gimmick. He shouldn't have a problem transitioning to more kayfabe-based promos in the future since he did it for years in the past.
Could you point me in the direction of a good Punk promo along these lines. I missed most of the SES. Nothing with Jeff Hardy though.

·
Banned
1,502 Posts
I think everybody is expecting Cena heel turn at Wrestlemania 28. It makes sense if you think about it, cena is a top star & WWE wont turn him heel on B-show. SO What better place than at Wrestlemania 28 against the rock?
The thing is, if they turn Cena heel they'll have to establish an older fanbase, they're still a PG, family targeted product and if they turn Cena heel they could potentially lose a good chunk of it's targeted fanbase because he's the poster boy, he pretty defines today's WWE.

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
The thing is, if they turn Cena heel they'll have to establish an older fanbase, they're still a PG, family targeted product and if they turn Cena heel they could potentially lose a good chunk of it's targeted fanbase because he's the poster boy, he pretty defines today's WWE.
Yeah i understand but heel Cena could bring back some attitude era fans who quit watching WWE.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yeah i understand but heel Cena could bring back some attitude era fans who quit watching WWE.
Same Old bring the atitude era back! BORE.

The end of that true era is 10 years ago now. LET IT GO!

WWE WILL NOT turn Cena heel yet, not only is he the poster boy for the younger fans, Out sells everything because the kids eat it up but he also has such a presence publically aswell with all make a wish stuff he does.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Could you point me in the direction of a good Punk promo along these lines. I missed most of the SES. Nothing with Jeff Hardy though.

All that kayfabe goodness, mmmm.

·
The legend never dies
4,345 Posts
when cena turns heel, wwe will lose so much views it wont even be funny the kids will not have a guy to look up to and wrestling will offically be done.

·
Registered
572 Posts
when cena turns heel, wwe will lose so much views it wont even be funny the kids will not have a guy to look up to and wrestling will offically be done.
That is a reasonable thing to say only if everything else stays exactly the same, which it never will.

There will be a new kid's hero for the next generation of young fans to idolise.
The current generation of kids will be the ones shocked by the heel turn.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts