Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, give mic-time to your midcarders. Tyson is having the best run of his career right now character wise, and they don't let him go out there and be the obnoxious asshole he's supposed to be. He and Cesaro should be coming out to mock the Usos and take selfies or something.

NewDay is just a bunch of black men that scream NEW DAY every once in while. Not a single classic Stable Promo. Nothing.

Fuck, just look at THe Shield. If they got 10 in-ring promos during their run, it was too much. Compare these guys to DX, the Nation of Domonation, the New Age Outlaws.

Have the Usos ever gotten mic time on Raw? WHat about Stardust and GOldust? STARDUST NEVER FUCKING GOT TO CUT A PROMO LIVE ON RAW. How fucking stupid is that? How is he supposed to get a character like that over WITHOUT CUTTING LIVE PROMOS?

THe only guys I remember getting mic time on Raw regularly were the Wyatts, and they were more like Bray and his enforcers, instead of being a bonafide stable.

Do this test: I want you to explain the Usos to me, without saying: "They are Samoan" and "They like to have fun". What are their characters like?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
This is what I have been saying. Even if the wrestler is average on the mic, some time talking could help them get over. I am assuming this is how they actually got people over in the beloved Attitude Era, correct?

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they also love to dance when they come to the ring and you have to always say Oh when they say Us.
WHY

No seriously, why. DX were degenerates. All their catchphrases existed to put this single aspect over.

WHY DO WE SAY "O" WHEN THEY SAY "US"

Is it a fucking warcry? Are they samoan shamans that need crowd energy to survive?

·
Banned
6,190 Posts
Well OP, their characters are that they're annoying, plain and simple. Everyone knows that one guy that likes to get slammed on a Tuesday night, take his pants off and run around in circles shrieking and vomiting but won't leave when you ask him to. HEEEE'S HAVIN' FUN :jbl while you're sitting on your couch staring wide eyed at the floor with a blood vessel bulging out of your forehead. The Usos are that guy.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, which is why people like Curtis Axel and Drew Mcintyre aren't invested in properly by WWE
Fuck, this reminds me, did you see the promo between Curtis and Ryback on Superstars after they split up?

THEY SHOWED CHARISMA. Holy fucking shit, how come these two NEVER got any time to show that kind of stuff on Raw during their run?

·
keeping it casual
8,891 Posts
The Usos aren't only fun loving Samoans, they also love to dance when they come to the ring and you have to always say Oh when they say Us.
screw the usos they suck :eek:ut

Seriously, give mic-time to your midcarders. Tyson is having the best run of his career right now character wise, and they don't let him go out there and be the obnoxious asshole he's supposed to be. He and Cesaro should be coming out to mock the Usos and take selfies or something.
hell yes they should get more mic time their mini promo on smackdown was awesome they could be a goat tag team

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
if everyone got mic time the entire show would be just mic work to be fair

you can build characters without mic time re: goldberg in 1998, ryback in 2012. look at corbin and bull in nxt. not a single word have they said to one another but they have built a feud that has got the fans excited

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry, but I'm going on a rant here: RAW IS THREE FUCKING HOURS LONG. THREE. FUCKING. HOURS. And it has less character progression than NXT. HOW?

Miz/Mizdow are hot. Let they have MizTV segments with Mizdow stealing the spotlight and getting pops. Let Tyson/Cesaro interrupt the Usos's and take selfies while bragging about how great they are. LET THE USOS TELL US WHY WE SHOULD GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THEM.
Let New Day come out and preach to us. Let people get over.

I'll say this again: STARDUST NEVER GOT MIC TIME ON RAW.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
the Usos? can't explain that sorry.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Shiel dis their most successful stable in years. Show me a single memorable promo from them. The only one I can remember is the interview with Cole that gave us the Ambrose "Nope".

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
My response to the original post

:clap:clap:clap

As for describing the Usos...

They are Flyin' Usos (Maggle :jbl)

The Shiel dis their most successful stable in years. Show me a single memorable promo from them. The only one I can remember is the interview with Cole that gave us the Ambrose "Nope".

They may not have had any "memorable" single promos, but they did get plenty of mic time. Even if the promos weren't memorable they still got across what their characters " motivation" and "purpose" was and gave people a reason to care about what they were doing.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I understand your point, but there just isn't enough time. How am I supposed to hear Cena give that speech he gives for a half hour if other people are talking too?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts