Wrestling Forum banner

How Is Angle Handling This?

1609 Views 16 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  wiseone
*Please delete if there's already a thread*

I watch TNA every week, but I'm not in their threads that often,
so I'm not sure if you guys have been talking about this a lot or what.
But how is Angle doing with this storyline?
Is he fine with it?
Like what was the backstory of them even coming up with this idea, it just seems so cruel.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
957 Posts
I assume that Karen has okay'd it with her kids and Kurt and that the kids are probably big enough fans that they want to be "involved" The storyline isn't over yet, I can somehow see Karen turning on Jeff kayfabe wise. I think this is just TNA's way of getting Double J back in the spotlight after he was humbled last year and has paid his dues since. I really don't know though.

· Childish Gambino Is #1
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hm, let me give him a call and i'll get back to you.
Get back in your Troll Hole! :D jk
But seriously, I didn't know if there had been a report from the dirtsheets or
anything like that about if Kurt gave this the go ahead or not.

I assume that Karen has okay'd it with her kids and Kurt and that the kids are probably big enough fans that they want to be "involved" The storyline isn't over yet, I can somehow see Karen turning on Jeff kayfabe wise. I think this is just TNA's way of getting Double J back in the spotlight after he was humbled last year and has paid his dues since. I really don't know though.
Yeah, I guess. It just seems extreme and very personal,
I would definitely find it tough to deal with.

· Banned
3,179 Posts
Of course he gave it the go-ahead.

Kurt Angle is arguably TNA's biggest talent (only rivaled maybe by Sting) and his contract is up this year, there's no way in hell they are going to risk him jumping ship by running a storyline he's uncomfortable with.

· Registered
3,493 Posts
With him being their biggest star then I doubt they would risk a story which he didn't like, especially since his contract is up this Summer. I don't doubt that he is ok with it. The story is emarassing to watch though because there are kids involved.

· Childish Gambino Is #1
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With him being their biggest star then I doubt they would risk a story which he didn't like, especially since his contract is up this Summer. I don't doubt that he is ok with it. The story is embarrassing to watch though because there are kids involved.
I guess I'm mainly trying to say that.
It's really weird to watch a real life story happening, with the real life people.
Just strange to me that Angle is fine with it. :$

· Registered
148 Posts
While I still consider the entire thing in bad taste, of course Angle agreed to it. He's a professional and I'm pretty sure he's moved past most of any hate that developed over the way the situation rose up in the first place.

It's no different than the whole Matt Hardy vs Edge & Lita feud.

· Shut your mouth and rest in peace!
1,723 Posts
This is the main story-line Im actually not comfortable watching at all. Who knows what goes through Angle's mind. He might seem fine with it, and he's a professional and all that, but just saying, we all have our limits. I just wish they'd scrap this feud asap.

· Banned
4,265 Posts
Some people are seriously dumb on here.

Do you think for one single second that this storyline would be happening if Angle was not completely happy and fine to do it?

Bloody hell!

· Registered
1,238 Posts
How would he be upset about any of this? AFAIK Jarrett and Karen got together after Angle and Karen split.

Furthermore, Angle has a hot fiance who's carrying his baby. People move on yknow.
this ^^ neither party really did anything wrong... so whats there for angle to handle?

plus, kurts likely still tapping it anyways

· Anti-Hero
11,709 Posts
Wrestling seems to be at its best(and worst) when it blurs the lines between reality and fiction. Any form of suspended belief is a win and the fact that you even ask means what they are doing is working.
Russo has written this sort of work in the past. Once you get past your baser instincts and think about what ur watching u realize that it is a story.
I gotta admit that I enjoyed watching Kurt fuck up that ceremony. And the smirk on his face was priceless.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.