Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is A midcarders Suppose To Get Over If WWE Won't Let Them Talk.A perfect example is Alberto Del Rio if he was not able to talk do you actually think he would be this over. Thats the real problem not the midcard titles being props its that they don't get to talk & connect with fans,and even if they do talk its only for like 2 min. Their not cutting a real promo to establish themselves as a character. If Daniel Bryan kept that I will fight for what I believe gimmick he had in NXT and brought it to RAW he would have been more over than now I can tell you that. The only person who really got to talk and cut promos week after week was the miz b/c he had to be strong in something right? If the problem is they don't know how to cut a promo then send them to a improv class. Thats what the Miz did and now look at him. He was at that class for 3 years. I just think WWE would be much better if they cared more about their up in coming stars and not just focus the mainevent, but I want here what you the people have to say on this tissue.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Agree 110% with you.

I think SmackDown's doing an okayish job with the likes of Drew, Cody Rhodes and most recently Dolph Ziggler; but you definitely hit the nail on the head about the RAW mid-card. Though people say he doesn't Daniel Bryan has charisma yet he's not allowed to show it - Just look at his worked shoot on NXT, that had me marking like a little boy on Christmas and was arguably one of the best promos of 2010.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Agreed. But to be fair, who wants to see Otunga, McGi...., Slater, Tyson, Mcintyre etc talk when the mic skills are shown to be well ... horrible, first thing they need to do is learn how to talk, then do the promos.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agree 110% with you.

I think SmackDown's doing an okayish job with the likes of Drew, Cody Rhodes and most recently Dolph Ziggler; but you definitely hit the nail on the head about the RAW mid-card. Though people say he doesn't Daniel Bryan has charisma yet he's not allowed to show it - Just look at his worked shoot on NXT, that had me marking like a little boy on Christmas and was arguably one of the best promos of 2010.
the sad part is wwe will never see this post.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
There's not enough time for all these guys to get mic time and have matches

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Agreed. But to be fair, who wants to see Otunga, McGi...., Slater, Tyson, Mcintyre etc talk when the mic skills are shown to be well ... horrible, first thing they need to do is learn how to talk, then do the promos.
Thats why I put the whole improv class idea to improve mic skills for the people who can't talk well.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
That isn't the point. Nobody needs to learn how to talk. I think they all can carry themsevles very well in public and as expected as performers in front of a lot of people.

You have to give them something interesting to talk about or no one will pay attention. Mic skills can't sell on there own. I don't pay attention to Miz or CM Punk because they talk about absolute gibberish each week.

A character must be defined by their actions. Since mid carders on the show don't do anything its hard to establish any of that.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Thats why I put the whole improv class idea to improve mic skills for the people who can't talk well.
True, or they could find find out someone with good mic skills or someone who connects with an audience well, somehow .... then let them speak. Look what that did to The Rock, and The Miz.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
There's not enough time for all these guys to get mic time and have matches
Poor excuse. Raw has a lot of stupid crap. If they can just secure 5 minutes each week and rotate through all the mid carders, then a lot more guys would have the opportunity to get over.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can you image if randy orton not being able to establish that legend killer gimmick or john cena not being able to establish the rapper gimmick when they were midcards they will not be where they are today. This is why I say the midcard is very importsnt and it should sometimes be treat like the mainevent not always just sometimes.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I actually can't believe I'm saying this but watching that shit that makes up about an hour of RAW every week could easily be replaced by mid-carders actually putting on a great show on ECW.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
wwe doesnt seem to care about this. its not just wrestlers never getting mic time its also feuds that need mic time to get over better to.
miz and del rio seem to get all the time in the world the repeat the same shit week after week tho.

i'd take a zack ryder promo over miz any day of the week but im not gonna watch superstars just for that.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts