Wrestling Forum banner

How I would book Triple H vs. Undertaker for the next few weeks

1125 Views 11 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  CamillePunk
The stare down this past week was an effective method for initiating a ratings grab for next Monday's episode of Raw. Well done there by WWE.

On the other hand, there are complaints about the lack of acknowledgment on the former fueds of HHH-Sheamus and Undertaker-Kane(-Nexus/Corre?). I believe that they can still solve this issue. At the start of the next Raw, have Triple H come out and cut a tweener promo on how Undertaker cost Shawn Michaels his career, and how he came back to avenge that loss. Then have Undertaker come out and talk about how Shawn Michaels gave every ounce of blood sweat, and tears to attempt to end the streak, but still failed. Then have Taker question Triple H on whether he thinks he can even come close to that level this year? End the promo here with the interruption of Sheamus's music. Have Sheamus complain about how he is the reason why Triple H has been absent from the ring for 11 months, not the Undertaker. Put instant heat on Sheamus by saying that he is using a match with Undertaker to cover up the fact that he is scared of getting injured again. Triple H could make a comeback completely burying Sheamus for his declining career and how facing him again at Wrestlemania would be no challenge whatsoever. Knowing Hunter's history of burying talent, I am sure he would go there. But for this fued that is not relevant.

Then have Kane come out and say that Undertaker is also scared of facing him in a rematch because he buried him alive. After this lengthy promo have the GM set up HHH/Taker vs. Kane/Sheamus as the main event in a match that should give proper acknowledgment, and a degree of closure to these fueds. After HHH/Taker dispose of Kane and Sheamus, have the Corre (since it composes of most of the original Nexus) come out and attack Taker while Hunter escapes the ring to grab a sledgehammer and annihilate the Undertaker. End the show here and save 'why HHH why' for next Monday.

Ultimately, there are two choices at this point; however, one of these choices is clearly better for business.

a.) Have Triple say that he is the mastermind behind the original Nexus, as well as the Corre over on Smackdown. Then say due to his hatred for Undertaker ending Shawn's streak last year, he had these guys assist in the burial of the deadman to rid him from 'his' company. Instant heat on HHH here, and a reason to watch this match at Mania, since there is a greater likelihood of the streak being ended if Hunter is aligned with the Corre. Make the match no holds barred as well.

b.) Still have Triple H form an alliance with the Corre, but do the jealousy angle. Have Hunter say that he doesn't give a damn about Shawn anymore, and that his career is where it belongs - in the past. Hunter says how he needs to be the one to end the streak, because no one else is capable of it (but we all know he is going to face Cena in his last match, I am baffled at how obvious this seems to be). Then, not only put Taker's streak in jeopardy, but hint at a confrontation between HBK and HHH at Wrestlemania during the match, since it is no holds barred.

While both options are great, option b.) would be more intriguing and would heavily influence the audience to check out this match. I really feel that there needs to be a major twist on this match in order for it to draw. Hopefully you guys enjoy my interpretation, and can add your own thoughts to it as well. Thanks.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Dragon Slayer
6,701 Posts
No alliances. Triple H isn't involved with Nexus or Corre. Its Triple H vs Undertaker, because Taker ended HBKs career. Thats all there is. We don't need corre or nexus, and we CERTAINLY don't need to bury Sheamus for no reason.

· Ho!
20,682 Posts
I don't want to see Triple H involved in the Corre or Nexus. I say this feud should just be between Taker and Triple H, and if one of them turns heel, let it be with out assistance from anyone else.

· Registered
6,157 Posts
Triple H is one of the few big stars who haven't had involvements with Nexus, Corre OR The Raw GM. They'd be mad not to tie him in somewhere, plus having HHH lead Corre it would give SOME closure to the Taker/Nexus thing (because at least then, when Taker beats HHH he's also beating Nexus, so it kills two birds with one stone).

I'd be pretty happy with your idea, except for the fact that it kinda' brushes off Sheamus, Kane and Nexus/Corre in a silly little tag match. Might just be me but I like to see feuds culminate at PPV's :/ Personal preference though.

· Recognize
21,327 Posts
No fucking shitty Nexus or Corre. I don't want them involved. I'm sick to death of Nexus and Corre are pretty much irrelevant. I don't want them involved in this nor do they need to be. It should be Trips and Taker, that's it.

· The Legacy Continues
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I understand the bashing of the Nexus/Corre idea. I just think it is sad to brush off the old fueds. These fueds need proper closure in my opinion, and somehow it needs to be done.

· The Winds of Change
5,629 Posts
Honestly, I want Taker as a heel in the feud. I would love for him to tell Triple H to get over it, that Shawn tried to defeat The Streak twice and a row and couldn't do it and he paid the ultimate sacrifice of having to retire. What makes H think he can? I think it could make for a very interesting dynamic to not only the feud, but the match itself. Judging from the reaction Triple H got over Taker on Raw, I think it could really work. I believe that people are really getting bored with Taker's current character, always returning and doing the same old same old. Spice up the feud a bit with a heel Taker saying it like it is, he is THE guy at Wrestlemania until someone can prove him wrong. Taker's cocky grin to H on Raw basically sums up the tweek I would like to see in his character.

· Dragon Slayer
6,701 Posts
Taker could be the heel but its important for WWE to have people cheering for the streak, plus Trips makes a better heel. His character also has the heel motivations for the match so they would probably go that route if any. Although it will probably be a face v face match.

· Registered
1,710 Posts
I don't know how i'd book Taker vs. HHH but i would at the very least explain why it seems Triple H has forgot Sheamus put him out of action and why Taker has forgot Nexus buried him alive, the company must think we have very short memories indeed.

· Ho!
20,682 Posts
Taker could be the heel but its important for WWE to have people cheering for the streak, plus Trips makes a better heel. His character also has the heel motivations for the match so they would probably go that route if any. Although it will probably be a face v face match.
Triple H has played the best heel of the two in the past, but I think it would be far more interesting to see Taker as a heel, and he also plays a more entertaining heel consistently. And if anything, Triple H can be looked at the good guy who is trying to avenge his fallen friend, who was a huge fan favorite amongst current fans and is being inducted into the hall of fame the night before. Taker could really work and insult the ability of Triple H and how inferior he is to Shawn, while also attacking Shawn verbally a bit for not being able to end the streak either. I mean, I think either of them could logically be a heel from storyline, but unless Triple H goes back to being his badass 2000 character, I really could careless if he turned heel or if he stayed face. Taker being heel though could really give his character a spark it so desperately needs right now.

Although like you said, they'll probably just keep them both face.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,974 Posts
I think it should be booked as a silent movie between the two from here to Wrestlemania. With title cards popping up whenever each guy hits the other with a move. "Vintage Triple H!" "Oh, The Undertaker really made him hurt there!"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.