Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
8,180 Posts
I would like to see him fight Daniel Bryan as a "heel" late this year and be somehow allied with Bray Wyatt. Then have him turn face on Bray and lose the streak to that man at Wrestlemania.

I originally wanted the "Machine" to be the Undertaker and Damiel Bryan to be Bray's attempt (failed attempt) of destroying the Streak. But Bryan was only kidding.

·
Registered
835 Posts
No matter what anyone says, Cena v undertaker is the one match at mania where the outcome isn't predictable. The way cena has been booked for the past decade we would always have a legit worry that cena could win just so that wwe can use it when they bill cena as the greatest ever. If we are being honest cena is the only one on the current roster who is worthy of having takers last match. Throw the title in the mix and who knows what the outcome would be.

Taker needs to end his career in the last match of a wrestlemania against a top star. One final hand raise on the stage and he should go behind the curtain. While it would be nice to see all the superstars meet him on the stage it wouldn't feel right.

A few years ago I was liking the idea of a possible up and comer ending the streak but I know that wwe wouldn't capitalize on that and make the guy a big enough star so what's the point?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
This is how I'd book Taker at WM 32. I'd have him face either Bray Wyatt or Roman Reigns who were both undefeated in WM matches and Champion and I'd have Taker lose. As soon as Taker was pinned I'd cut out the lights. His music would come on the Gong would gong 12 times.... Then a bolt of lighting would strike the ring. The ring would start to smoke a CGI Hologram of the Undertaker would appear and would shoot up into the air. In the Center of the ring would be a mound of ashes and an urn.

Then his Music would come on and Paul Barer's would appear on the Titan Tron... Saying REST in PEACE

If Taker retires with the streak intact he's a piece of shit. Give a young dude the rub.

·
Banned
8,180 Posts
This is how I'd book Taker at WM 32. I'd have him face either Bray Wyatt or Roman Reigns who were both undefeated in WM matches and Champion and I'd have Taker lose. As soon as Taker was pinned I'd cut out the lights. His music would come on the Gong would gong 12 times.... Then a bolt of lighting would strike the ring. The ring would start to smoke a CGI Hologram of the Undertaker would appear and would shoot up into the air. In the Center of the ring would be a mound of ashes and an urn.

Then his Music would come on and Paul Barer's would appear on the Titan Tron... Saying REST in PEACE

If Taker retires with the streak intact he's a piece of shit. Give a young dude the rub.
I like the idea actually it's so....Undertaker. I wouldn't do the hologram but that's it. It could even work f it's as simple as the arena going dark, a gong striking and then him being gone when the lights come on. Never to be seen on WWE programming again.

No, I seriously LOVE that idea.

I agree with the last sentence too. Not that he'd be a piece of shit per se. But it would make his streak meaningless.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I like the idea actually it's so....Undertaker. I wouldn't do the hologram but that's it. It could even work f it's as simple as the arena going dark, a gong striking and then him being gone when the lights come on. Never to be seen on WWE programming again.

No, I seriously LOVE that idea.

I agree with the last sentence too. Not that he'd be a piece of shit per se. But it would make his streak meaningless.
I agree. A streak in real sports that keeps going is incredible because it's defying the odds. But a streak that never ends in a scripted show is just bland, lazy, boring storytelling. I might be in the minority on this, but I actually don't enjoy Undertaker's Mania matches very much specifically because I know he's going to win. For anyone with even the smallest amount of common sense, there's no suspense at all. Again, just lousy storytelling. At some point, every guy has to step down. All good things come to an end. To not have Undertaker's "passing the torch" moment would be, in my opinion, a bigger shame than ending the streak.

·
Banned
8,180 Posts
I agree. A streak in real sports that keeps going is incredible because it's defying the odds. But a streak that never ends in a scripted show is just bland, lazy, boring storytelling. I might be in the minority on this, but I actually don't enjoy Undertaker's Mania matches very much specifically because I know he's going to win. For anyone with even the smallest amount of common sense, there's no suspense at all. Again, just lousy storytelling. At some point, every guy has to step down. All good things come to an end. To not have Undertaker's "passing the torch" moment would be, in my opinion, a bigger shame than ending the streak.
I'm going to enjoy his matches regardless because I'm a big fan. But you're right: this isn't a real sport. Records, in wrestling, should not be held just to be held. They don't mean anything. They need to be used to advance the greater plot and drama of the "universe". That's the point. It's a script. So that's really how you get meaning out of a scripted streak.

And for him not to lose would be an anti-climax. I actually can't believe people are supportive of that. It's lazy, safe, unimpactful writing that does nothing for anyone. On the flip side, him losing would be a massive moment. One of the biggest ever. I can't stress enough, my disbelief at the fact that there are people here really willing to give that gigantic moment up. It would easily be bigger than the last 10 BIG things that have happened.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The biggest problem with the streak is it went on way too long. If it was something like 10-0 and then Undertaker retired you could play up Angles where guys were trying to get to 11 wins and beat the streak.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
After defeating Lesnar this year, and Sting/Cena/Bryan next year, it should be time for Taker to hang up his boots. At WM 32 it should be Kane vs Undertaker in a buried alive match. Just as it seems Taker is going to put Kane away the Wyatt Family attacks Undertaker, and buries him alive with Kane. This way Bray can be the one who 'ended the streak' without Taker ever actually being defeated at WM, as the match would technically be a draw. Kane and Undertaker could either never be seen again, or they can have their non-kayfabe farewell on the next night's Raw as the brothers of destruction get their one last hoorah, taking out an unexpected ambush from the Wyatt's and walking to the back with one final arm raised pose at the top of the stage. The rub would be perfect for Wyatt at a time when he should be ready to take the ball and run as number one monster heel. How would you guys feel about that?
Okay. So i've read a lot of scenarios about Taker's last match. I've heard many people before say things similar to you, where Taker "dies" or is "buried alive never to be heard from again". Considering the mystique of the character, it's an intriguing idea.

So i'm not so much going to comment on whether or not I think what you are suggesting happen at Wrestlemania is the way to go - some people have, and said they liked it, others dont. What I will say is this:

- You have the Wyatts come uot and RUIN the streak by a DQ-double finish.
- You have Taker/Kane buried alive in their last match ever
- You basically sacrifice The Streak to put over the Wyatts, and you also sacrifice the "mystique/intrigue" of the Undertaker's character by burying him alive never to be heard from again

All of this to:

- Have Taker and Kane appear the next night on Raw for a retirement speech, and to take out the Wyatts??????

Are you fucking kidding me? How does what you propose happen on raw not just completely shit all over the Streak and the Undertaker's legacy? You either sacrifice The Streak to put someone over, or you don't...u don't do it to give Taker cheap revenge back the next night. And you either write off Taker into the sunset by giving him a gimmicky finish being buried alive/killed off or you don't...but if you do you don't have him appear the very next night out of character to piss all over the ending.

So yeah. horrible idea. sorry.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Actually, if you believe the stories, The Undertaker has wanted the Streak to end to put a younger guy over. The problem though is that it isn't really up to him, it's up to the WWE. If they don't want the Streak to end, it won't.

As for how Undertaker should retire, I think it's a really interesting question. Due to the nature of his gimmick, you can't retire him like a Ric Flair or a HBK. I think whenever he does retire, it should be on the RAW after WrestleMania. To me that would be really fitting, since he's the last wrestler left who is still semi-active from the very first episode of RAW.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
He should invent a time machine and go back to Wrestlemania 28 and tell himself to retire then and there since it was the best possible time for him to hang up the boots for good.

·
Registered
11,128 Posts

I love this idea, but who do you have win? I've been saying Bray for months, because I really like his potential to be the next icon. But if not him, who? Bryan - doesn't need it in my opinion. I know hardly anyone would agree with this and I know I'm going to sound like a homer, but Drew McIntyre ending the streak, could fix his entire career and set him up beautifully as a top heel going forward.

·
Registered
207 Posts

Not really. After entertaining us for all these years; there is no reason why he must give up the biggest part of his legacy. Something like this will never be replicated & should be left as it is. The streak is not a magic pill; WWE needs better writers and storylines to put their new superstars over instead of ruining the best part of Taker's legacy.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
The biggest problem with the streak is it went on way too long. If it was something like 10-0 and then Undertaker retired you could play up Angles where guys were trying to get to 11 wins and beat the streak.
Yeah, I think so too. Right now his record is a modern day Bruno record that can't be broken. I know some think the streak should be broken just because, but I think it has to be right person and time.

Cena/Taker at Cowboy Stadium as some have mentioned is the best final match. I just wonder about Taker's physical condition by that time though. I think Cena/Taker might have happened already if Rock wasn't brought back.

·
Banned
2,882 Posts
No he should put over Daniel Bryan

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Taker should lose at WM32 and the guy he should lose to in my opinion are

1. Roman Reigns
2. Bray Wyatt
3. A New Monster
4. Rusev
5. Rowan or Harper

Cena or Daniel Bryan don't need the rub. and Taker doesn't need to retire as Champ

21 - 39 of 39 Posts