Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Exactly the title, How good would of Shawn Michaels vs. Brock Lesnar been if it were to happen?
Would this match been a money maker if it was to happen back in 2002 - 2003?
Would the match itself been something special?

What do you think?

VS.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
I personally would have preferred Lesnar vs HHH. It's one big feud that we never got to see. No doubt HBK/Lesnar would have been great too though.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I dont think so. It sounds like a good pull, but I think their styles are conflicting. Then again, Brock vs. Angle is a classic, so who knows.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
I'm not sure, Shawn can put on great matches with near enough anyone, I still think his actual wrestling is overated as fuck but there are little men in the business who could tell you a story in the ring like Shawn.

Great match? Possibly.
Good match? Definitely.
Better than Lesnar vs Angle? Impossible.

·
Ho!
17,973 Posts
I personally would have preferred Lesnar vs HHH. It's one big feud that we never got to see. No doubt HBK/Lesnar would have been great too though.
I agree from a storyline perspective and just for that epic feel to it, but I probably would have preferred a Shawn/Lesnar match. It could have been a great match, seeing their two styles clashing would have been interesting.

But oh well, there were several matches Brock should have been involved in and would have been involved in had he not left.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Hmmmm with them two a very good match is almost certain, but I can't really think of how their styles would mesh. As someone said earlier, Angle and Lesnar is the answer to that, but Lesnar and Angle's stlye is more similar than HBK and Angle's imo.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I don't think it would've been anything too special. It would be a very good match, but it couldn't be better than what he produced with Angle.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Absolutely would have been good at the very least. Once he realized he could bump reliably again, Michaels was gold against big opponents. Not only in classics against bigger guys like HHH and Undertaker, but in passable matches with Chris Masters and Dave Batista when almost nobody else was doing the same. He's smaller, he gets love from the crowd, gets abused, bumps like mad, sells like Morton, then mounts energetic comebacks. Now you'd have a beast like Lesnar ripping into him? Lesnar, who was great at chewing on smaller fliers like Mysterio, Guerrero, the Hardys and RVD? It hurts to think how fun this could have been.

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
It would have been very good. Michaels was amazing at selling & working with guys larger & more powerful than him because of it. I think it would have been a natural fit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It may depend on the way you look at it. I just know that the old Michaels going over Batista didn't go very well. Wrestling use too be a little more realistic back in the day. Sure they would've still perform a good match, but a beast like Brock Lesnar should've kicked an old HBK ass. Now the younger version of HBK could've made it more interesting, but they were really separated from different times or eras.

·
Registered
333 Posts
It would have been awesome, Michaels was in it.

That's what makes Shawn one of the if not the best performer, he could have an amazing match with just about anyone.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I think they would've had a pretty good much.

However, I'd prefer Austin vs. Lesnar or Lesnar vs. HHH

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
It would of been a good match indeed. Lesnar worked well with smaller guys and Hbk worked well with bigger guys as it was stated above.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Hang on, will it be HBK Vs Brock and that bird on the beach? I'd watch for sure

·
Banned
52 Posts
Shawn had fantastic matches with anybody that stepped in the ring with him. So add a man like Lesnar to the mix and it could of been great.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts