Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Mamba Mentality
25,641 Posts
Re: How good was "People Power" era? What was your favorite moment of people power er

It was awful. I didn't enjoy it and my favorite moment is when Vince said, "You're fired!" because it was over.

· Mamba Mentality
25,641 Posts
Re: How good was "People Power" era? What was your favorite moment of people power er

It may have been a big moment this year but I wasn't into the Big Johnny troll character so I didn't enjoy seeing him on my TV screen even if he was getting beat up.

· Registered
2,585 Posts

John Laurinaitis was great but the era himself wasn't that good.It was really boring (well,just like the WWE this year.After all,we got the worst Road To Wrestlemania of all of time .... )

· One Winged Angel
3,768 Posts

It was awesome. I enjoyed it and my least favourite moment was when Johnny Ace was fired. Now we're stuck with the boring AJ Lee!

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,974 Posts

Can it even be referred to as an "era"? It lasted literally a season (spring) and was swiftly terminated.

I found it muddled and problematic. But that is not because I thought John Laurinaitis was horrible in his role. He was, in a curious way, almost so bad that he was brilliant... kind of... No, the problem was that they leaned too heavily on him, like every new toy they grab a hold of (Zack Ryder last December-February, AJ the last couple of months) and overexposed him to the point of making him too much a focal point of the program. Worse yet, rather than executing simple continuity from the previous summer in extending the feud between he and CM Punk, they forced a feud between Laurinaitis and John Cena, which was illogical, nebulous and silly among other things.

Think about it. To this day, Brock Lesnar's storyline for returning was that John Laurinaitis brought him back... so John Laurinaitis could put his personal stamp on WWE... and John Laurinaitis would replace John Cena with Lesnar. The problem is obvious. Lesnar's story arc has far surpassed Laurinaitis's. If they would even casually refer to this, they could retain continuity and storyline integrity but they seem to refuse to do so.

As usual, there are holes large enough to drive semi-trucks through their plots but somehow this seemed like a bigger goof than usual.

· Sly as a fox, ferocious as a lion
4,673 Posts

That moment where he wished Morrison the best in his future endeavors was hilarious, imo. Also anytime he botches his lines and proclaimed himself: "Mister Excitement".

· Registered
1,467 Posts

Lots of Johnny haters here I guess. Personally I loved every minute of it. The snide remarks, facial expressions. He also had that aura of authority. Sure.. faces made their stands against him but you felt he was a leader. AJ in comparison is just a joke.

Can you name a single wrestler who's botches have made you laugh? Johnny's tongue twisters were just plain awesome and he got a lot of heat from the crowd.

Frankly he did his job brilliantly and I miss him on every show.

Sorry, to answer your questions... It has certainly been up there with the best "Movements" of the past few years along with Nexus. His no sell face of Cena's attitude adjustment was priceless.

· Banned
11,277 Posts

It was okay untill Cena was the one who was rebelling against Johnny.

· Registered
302 Posts

It was terrible. Laurinaitis was so bad he was funny. I was in hysteria about the fact that he was meant to be the leader. Him botching his lines continuously didn't help the matter either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnYPKovFAWA

· Kin Corn Karn
160 Posts

Largely forgettable...though, really, Big Johnny's character wasn't that bad due to the fact that his character literally was that he sucked. Just as Mr. McMahon was every evil boss ever, Johnny was every undeserving, inept fuck from middle management.

Best moment of Johnny's angle though was when he first started using the power scooter. That thing deserves to be a Hall of Fame inductee. Runner-up moment...when Vince trashed said scooter.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,974 Posts

Largely forgettable...though, really, Big Johnny's character wasn't that bad due to the fact that his character literally was that he sucked. Just as Mr. McMahon was every evil boss ever, Johnny was every undeserving, inept fuck from middle management.
Exactly. It was a whole different animal. For a while there they seemed to get the tone of it right, but of course they eventually burned it out and misused the character. Ah well.

· Registered
430 Posts

My favourite moment was hearing mr John laurinaitis's music hit, I found it hilarious

· Registered
578 Posts

I found Big Johnny cringeworthy on the mic. I kept waiting for him to botch his lines and found it all a little embarassing. However I think he served his purpose in that he had a face you just wanted to punch and was better than the legit irritating, AJ.

· Premium Member
9,851 Posts

Honestly, the first time I heard Johnny's first them I was in hysterics. It was literally brilliant. Johnny had some good moments, the best being really when he snapped. But he was pretty bad, he botched so many of his lines in hilarious fashion.

· I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,512 Posts

What era? It was a joke

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.