Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
The Mister Abigail Experience
Rants Champion of the World
7,033 Posts
I'm sure there is. I really don't know. I would like to learn about them though. Could you tell me about Mick Taylor's accent please?
I'm no expert but country people speak a lot differently to 'city folk'. Queenslanders sound different from Victorians. There's a lot of islanders and immigrants here too, so they all sound different but are still Australian. I'm sure someone has done videos on it.

In fact... 20 seconds later

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Not good, but funnily enough I actually went on a Steve Irwin bender tonight watching crazy snakes and him walking through Papua New Guinea for the last couple hours.

I know that's not how Australians actually talk, but I really do miss Steve Irwin. Dude was dope -- also a bit of a lunatic :p

·
Registered
Worship My Excrement
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used the word cunt a lot so I'm good.
"Cunt" is an interesting word. In America to many it is considered the worst curse word. Is it less offensive in the UK because I've even heard English girls hurling it around fairly casually and gratuitously like "an old cunt" was the same thing as "an old chap"?

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
I speak Pittsburgh English, so probably not that good lol.

·
Registered
2 years, 1-2-1 win/loss record
3,149 Posts
"Cunt" is an interesting word. In America to many it is considered the worst curse word. Is it less offensive in the UK because I've even heard English girls hurling it around fairly casually and gratuitously like "an old cunt" was the same thing as "an old chap"?
To those that think that word is " offensive", fuck you.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I work with Australians over the phone at work and God damn, sometimes I literally cannot understand a single word rather than "mate" and "foken".

·
Registered
2 years, 1-2-1 win/loss record
3,149 Posts
My american accent kinda doesn't help but it is kinda good

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I did an impression of Rolf Harris on the tube this morning - and earned a slap across the face. 😮

"Hhm, hadum, hadum, hhm, hadum, hadum ... can you tell what it is yet ? That's right kids, it's me erect Rolfaroo"

·
The Mister Abigail Experience
Rants Champion of the World
7,033 Posts
The C word is not as widespread as people make it out to be. It is certainly not used in polite society. You don’t go into a shop to buy milk and call them a C. Yes, some people drop it every second word, but they are usually lower class.

·
Registered
Worship My Excrement
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The C word is not as widespread as people make it out to be. It is certainly not used in polite society. You don’t go into a shop to buy milk and call them a C. Yes, some people drop it every second word, but they are usually lower class.
I worked in Santa Monica which is a local beach town. Lots and lots of English people live in Santa Monica. You see flags, stores, and pubs all over the place. I was around a lot of English people down there. Pretty often I'd hear, "Ow ya doin', ya old cunt?", like a friendly greeting. I got used to it after awhile but still shook my head a bit when hearing it. Kinda funny though.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts