Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
he's black and from WCW.

he never stood a chance.
Damn true!

Imagine if he had beaten HHH, after all the bullying, the promos, the fact that HHH was calling him an underdog and that he couldn't make it, all the racist undertones, the fans were electric, it drew real heat, they wanted a Booker win and in terms of story telling, when a writer or writers create an underdog character, the whole point is that he is supposed to triumph. Otherwise, why do all that angle? Just ended up with HHH being right about "his type of people not making it in this business".

It was literally one of the hottest feuds in years and HHH did him dirty. I'm a massive Game fan but this time his politics destroyed something great.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
not very far at all.

Booker T was best in WCW when he was held down(but probably given more freedom creatively).

But then again Chris Jericho was much better in WCW too and went pretty far in the WWE.

·
Lightning in the dark with a burning heart. &#1282
3,559 Posts
The "45 second Pedigree" is one of the most shameful moments in WWE history. My hate for HHH has been decreasing with the years, but at that time he was a instant channel change for me.

Booker really have it all.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
I think Booker T could have done what he eventually did in 2006 in 2003 if they'd let him. I don't think he was ever going to shatter box office records, but he could have either been a great heel or a sympathetic babyface who got a short world title run.

But, overall, the story was set up for him in 2003 for him to be a great babyface who stood up for himself and, unfortunately, when he couldn't get the job done and beat HHH for the belt, he lost a lot of steam.

They seemed to pay him back in the later years, though, and he's treated with respect as a commentator and a legend by WWE despite having most of his success in WCW, so it could have ended a lot worse for him.

But he should have beaten HHH.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Oh, ok...so it's not about a black guy being on top. It has to be a black guy who "acts" like a stereotypical, urban black dude?
I did not say that but this Company most of the time acknowledge his Samoan bloodline more then his African American one you can not deny that. Booker T is by far the most talented Black wrestler they had theres Shelton Benjamin too but he did not have the charisma but now look what they doing to they black wrestlers they always jiving,rapping,acting like thugs and preaching like pastors thats freaking racist they have something against a Blackman and its been like that for years.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I wasn't feeling the King Booker gimmick at all, and thought that Sharmell didn't have much going on in her dramatic role to help him (if anything, it hindered him).

He should have beaten HHH at Mania ...

Also, he was amazing in WCW, especially towards the end, but I wasn't feeling his WWE career.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Booker was awesome, he never stood a chance cuz he's from wcw -.- He's still awesome, I prefer him on commentary more than those other guys and I like when he says ''OOOO boy, I gotta go with my man randy orton'', it's like he always wants to say ''my nig.a randy orton'' but he can't

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
He was a 37 year old WCW mid carder who only got pushed when they were circling the drain. Mostly seen as a poor man's version of the Rock.

They wouldn't have gotten anywhere with him. Once you get to the point where you're elevating old tag teamers it's time to start a new and develop some actual young guys. Nothing against Booker he was good enough to get a few reigns under his belt but no he was never top few guy material. He didn't deserve to be in the match at WM 19 yet alone win it. It's the most down the card Raw championship match ever.

I'm not a fan of HHH's endless reign but really it was Angle, Benoit, Jericho, RVD, Guerrero's time to shine not necessarily Booker's. Booker was a fun comedic face who was good enough to win the belt somewhere but no he was never good enough to win the belt long term. That would of had to happen in WCW when it mattered.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
-Mic skills
-Ring skills
-Dope entrance music
-Spinerooni
-The size
-The Look
-5x 5x 5x 5x.

One of the most underutilized talents?
yes, I agree...but also agree with 2nd post. No matter what, Triple Hemmorhoid would have buried him somehow.

Booker T in WCW rose up mainly due to his skill in the ring. His best of 7 vs Chris Benoit was a classic.

WCW folds and he goes to WWE as part of acquisition...I knew from the start that WWE/VInce would have the WCW stars portrayed weak. He'd always done that with other promotion's talents upon them arriving in WWE.

Anyways, Booker T lasted there long enough to get some more measure of respectability, despite that. Mainly again due to his skills.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Honestly, as a guy who loved Booker T as a kid, I think he could've been the Brock Lesnar of his time. If they had wanted him to be the man from 01 and on, they could've built him as a monster from 02 and on, going against Rock, Taker, Show, Angle, etc, just like Lesnar did. Booker T was fucking awesome from 01-05. He definitely could've been the #1 guy.

He could've been the #1 face from 02 to 04, main evented Mania, then been heel from 05 to 07/08, and call it a career. He was a fucking beast man, 250 pounds of muscle, and athletic as hell, and his kicks made him look deadly.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
He was a 37 year old WCW mid carder who only got pushed when they were circling the drain. Mostly seen as a poor man's version of the Rock.

They wouldn't have gotten anywhere with him. Once you get to the point where you're elevating old tag teamers it's time to start a new and develop some actual young guys. Nothing against Booker he was good enough to get a few reigns under his belt but no he was never top few guy material. He didn't deserve to be in the match at WM 19 yet alone win it. It's the most down the card Raw championship match ever.

I'm not a fan of HHH's endless reign but really it was Angle, Benoit, Jericho, RVD, Guerrero's time to shine not necessarily Booker's. Booker was a fun comedic face who was good enough to win the belt somewhere but no he was never good enough to win the belt long term. That would of had to happen in WCW when it mattered.
What makes you say that? What makes Booker T not good enough to be the VERY top guy (from 01 to 05)? Did he not look like a top guy? His in ring work? Or his mic work? Cuz all 3 were pretty damn good, he knew how to work a crowd too.

Booker T had no ceiling from 01-05, they just didn't want it for him cuz he was a WcW guy.

·
Registered
8,120 Posts
He was a former WCW champion and a bit old, he never had a chance to become one of Vince golden boys...now if someone as talented like him was a total product of WWE like Reigns, damn the guy wouldn't have nothing to envy Cena's and Orton's kayfabe accomplishments.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
He wouldve gone really far, not face of the company far(Vince would never allow it) but as a reliable Main Eventer for young heels/Faces to feud with. Like a Rey mysterio

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
A big main event status star IMO. He had all the tools and then some. He had no business being in a tag team again messing around with Goldust for example.

Let's say you gave him Randy Orton booking (consistent title runs, high profile matches, fairly regular main events) for half the time Randy's been around, I could absolutely guarantee you Booker would've been a much bigger star than Orton is now.

Am I the only one that LOVED King Bookah? That outfit, that crown, the in and out british accent was all amazing.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts