Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And be honest I want to know the true story of how you felt!

·
Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,101 Posts
not as excited as you probably

·
Banned
4,120 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I think I laughed non stop for about an hour when that happened. I don't know what was funnier, the fact that they tried to make him ugly by just rubbing some coal on his face or that Lawler actually tried to sell it as the most hideous thing he had seen. Was a big Kane mark too till that night.

·
Registered
677 Posts
i laughed even more when i found out it was festus that took the mask off.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Not very. For one, 3/4 of his hair was stuck to the mask, so he had an old man fade going on (all on sides, none on top). Second, when he started wrestling shirtless..umm..wasn't he horribly burned from the fire?

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
I wasnt watching. First episode I saw when i came back to wrestling was when Austin told Kane to be a man.

·
1,101 Posts
Not very. For one, 3/4 of his hair was stuck to the mask, so he had an old man fade going on (all on sides, none on top). Second, when he started wrestling shirtless..umm..wasn't he horribly burned from the fire?
supposedly they were "mental" scars

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I wasn't really that big into the decision to take off the mask. Since it really killed a lot of the whole fire story like previously stated. The only thing I really enjoyed about the whole thing, was that Kane turned heel again right after. Really him turning into a monster again. Attacking people like Van Dam, Linda McMahon, Eric Bischoff and others was alright. I also cracked up laughing at his face the night he took off the mask.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Anyone who says they weren't is lying through their teeth. And the question is how excited were you at the time, not whether or not you thought it was a good idea.

Anyway I didn't see that episode of RAW, but I remember Kane without the mask during the build up to his match with Shane at Unforgiven and boy was he creepy!

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,847 Posts
I suppose I was excited. Obviously nobody could have seen how things would have ended for Kane when he took it off. So being in mid-card limbo and jobbing for years was not really expected. But yeah, I had always wondered what Kane looked like underneath the mask, and the first couple of months after Kane took the mask off were great. If WWE had kept building his character up, he definetely could have been bigger then he was, but after Mania it just went downhill for him.

·
Registered
28 Posts
you guys do know that when somebody wears a mask and wants to be creepy.. they paint it black around their eyes so it looks darker? it's not charcoal or whatever you said... the members of Slipknot does the same thing

·
1,101 Posts
you guys do know that when somebody wears a mask and wants to be creepy.. they paint it black around their eyes so it looks darker? it's not charcoal or whatever you said... the members of Slipknot does the same thing
thank god you corrected us

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I wanted Kane to lose just so ppl would see him unmasked, it was sorta scary seeing him unmasked though. Then seeing the things he did for the first while after being unmasked(attacking linda,bischoff, the shane feud and of course when he set jr on fire)

·
Registered
633 Posts
Ah...Well that explains the eyes but what about the rest of his face? It's pretty darkened too.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Anyone who says they weren't is lying through their teeth. And the question is how excited were you at the time, not whether or not you thought it was a good idea.

Anyway I didn't see that episode of RAW, but I remember Kane without the mask during the build up to his match with Shane at Unforgiven and boy was he creepy!
i wasnt excited at all and im not lying, i didnt like kane since 99 so wasnt bothered about him and i knew what he looked like anyway. i like bad ass 97-99 not 'monster with fealings' and then creepy kane

·
Registered
188 Posts
EVERYONE was looking forward to it. Loved the heel turn, damn he was a sadistic bastard..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.