Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so last time I checked, they said there would be 13 teams in the tournament (correct me if I am mistaken), but I could be mistaken. But this doesn't make sense. Even Dark Order getting their round 1 bye, there are only 3 weeks worth of tv for the matches.

Even if they put all 6 round 1 matches on the 10/9 episode, they will still have 7 teams for round 2, going into the 10/16 episode. And there is no way to work round 2 with only two-on-two matches. There would still be one team which doesn't have a match. And if they have four of the teams in a 8-man match with both of the winning teams advancing, they would still have one team left without a match.

The only way I see it working with that many teams is for round 2 to be run by a lottery system, where teams are randomly selected to face each other, with the team not selected for a match receving a bye. This would leave 4 teams for the semi-finals on 10/23.

·
Registered
11,867 Posts
It's going to be a dink ass 7 team field. Three first round matches + Dark Order bye.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just remember hearing something about the tournament having 13 teams total.

·
Registered
24,457 Posts
Unless they get creative, probably a 7 team field. 3 1st round matches, with Dark Order getting a buy to the 2nd round.

Something they could do is an 11 team field. Have 5 1st round matches, that means 5 teams get into the 2nd round, plus the Dark Order with a bye that makes 6. The 2nd round is then comprised of 2 triple threat tags, with the winners of those 2 teams getting into the Finals.

That's just one idea. We'll see what they announce, which I hope is soon. We're less than 3 weeks away from their TV debut and while I don't know if the tournament will start on the 1st episode, I know there will be some action on the 2nd episode between the Bucks and Private Party. I hope we get some kind of bracket soon.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where did they say it was 13 teams? As it currently stands there are 9 teams signed which would make more sense.
Yes, but a few surprised entrants which are not revealed until tv starts would make sense as well.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Very surprised to see them leaving tag teams out of their tag tournament. Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus are incredibly popular and Angelico and Evans just had a good heel turn against Private Party. I feel like leaving either off would be a bad choice unless they have A&JE have a longer program with PP when they (most likely) lose to the Bucks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes, but a few surprised entrants which are not revealed until tv starts would make sense as well.
I agree with this, but at the same time it looks more likely it will be a 7 team tournament consisting of: Bucks, Private Party, Lucha Bros, SCU, Boy and His Dinosaur, LAX, Dark Order, and Best Friends.

The main reason I came to that conclusion was because of the fact they sent out a tweet to exclude one of either Angelico & Jack Evans/Boy and His Dinosaur.

·
Tiger Driver '91
2,712 Posts
Dark Order

Young Bucks
Lucha Bros
Santana/Ortiz (PnP)
Private Party
Best Friends
Boy and his Dino

Just my guess. JB and Luchasaurus are crushing that Twitter poll as expected and SCU are doing trios things.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
For some reason they had a match and the winner gets a first round by, someone needs to explain to them that putting those teams in a match where the winner advances IS THE FIRST ROUND why do they keep trying to do these by matches that make no sense?

·
Blaze is Elite
2,874 Posts
For some reason they had a match and the winner gets a first round by, someone needs to explain to them that putting those teams in a match where the winner advances IS THE FIRST ROUND why do they keep trying to do these by matches that make no sense?
No, not really...because see, if it was a first round match. If you lost you're out. Here you lose, you're still in you just don't get that first round bye. A lot of people want to say this but don't think clearly about why it's not right. So no, it's not a first round match.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
They won't put PnP in the tournament. They will continue to build an angle between PnP and the Bucks.

It will probably be:
Dark Order- 2nd round
Young Bucks
Private Party
SCU
Jurassic Express
Best Friends
Lucha Brothers

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very surprised to see them leaving tag teams out of their tag tournament. Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus are incredibly popular and Angelico and Evans just had a good heel turn against Private Party. I feel like leaving either off would be a bad choice unless they have A&JE have a longer program with PP when they (most likely) lose to the Bucks.
Private party are gonna lose in round 1, against the Bucks, leaving them open for a non-tournament rivalry against Angelico and Evans.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They won't put PnP in the tournament. They will continue to build an angle between PnP and the Bucks.

It will probably be:
Dark Order- 2nd round
Young Bucks
Private Party
SCU
Jurassic Express
Best Friends
Lucha Brothers
And you don't think they can have a rivalry while taking part in the tournament?

The Bucks are gonna win their round 1 match against Private Party, and Private Party are gonna go on to have a rivalry outside of the tournament against Angelico and Evans, but PnP and Bucks will both go on to at least the Semi-Finals. I think the Semi-Finals will be Bucks vs PnP and Lucha Brothers vs Boy and His Dinosaur. With PnP vs Lucha Brothers being the final match.

·
Registered
805 Posts
here's my bracket:

1st Round:

Dark Order
Bye

Bucks
Private Party

Jungle Express
Lucha Bros

SCU