Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So everyone talks about Cena turning heel, but one has to wonder how he'll pull off being a heel. It's easy to say turn him heel, but playing a heel is different. You could be a great heel like Ric Flair, Vince McMahon or JBL. But you could also be a pretty poor one, a generic heel like Ted Dibiase jnr and Drew McIntyre. How do you book Cena as a heel?

Well I'll go first. In the months leading up to his heel turn, have Cena act a little differently then he usually does but not so much that people will instantly sense he might be turning heel. Just have change in terms of personality. Maybe have him become more confident in himself a little cocky, be more aggressive in the ring and maybe like on Raw this week, have him get himself DQ'd. But make sure to keep it simple, continue booking him like he normally is. Then in the weeks leading up to his heel turn, have him lose some big matches which leads him to look disappointed and unhappy after he's lost, and have him cut a promo about how he will recover from that and that he knows he can do this with the WWE universe by his side(He might come off soundling cheesy but really he's playing up the crowds). Next in the weeks leading up to another big match, have him cut another promo about how he is going to give it, his all in that match and that he must win. Also during this time bring back a legend, someone who is loved by the fans, maybe even Mae Young:p and have that legend guest referee in the match. Then the match takes place and somehow Cena manages to get the victory, maybe even become WWE Champion again, and as he's celebrating the legend is there raising his hand as well. Then suddenly, BANG!!!!. Cena hits the legend with the title, he then proceeds to leave the ring and walk up the ramp with his back turned as the show closes.

Next after Cena has done that, have him cut a promo the next night about what he did, and that he did it because he could. Then have him go on a rant about the fans, the WWE and how he feels that he's the hardest working guy in the industry, yet nobody appreciates him. He's worked so hard to get to where he is, and the fans continue to hate him, maybe have him show the footage of ECW One Night Stand 2005, getting booed by the audeince as example of this, and maybe other footage of the fans hating on him. Then have him say that he's sick and tired of the fans, and off the crap he has to put up with from both them and the WWE. The have one of his friends come out maybe R-Truth:rolleyes: and confront him, tyring to get him to realise that he's wrong. But Cena ignores this and starts blaming R-Truth for always being on his case and never stops hassling him, referencing the time he joined Nexus when Truth was trying to talk him out of joining them. Then a match is made between them, which ends up with Cena winning via STF. The after the bell, have Cena hold on the STF until the officals have to pull him off of Truth, and so a fued starts between him and Truth that ends at the next PPV.

That's basically the start of it all, how he turns heel. But other things I would like to add to it.

Have him completely change his appearence, none of that orange crap that he wears :) or those shorts or the baseball cap. Have him wear a proper wrestling attire, trunks, boots etc. When not in the ring, have him wear suits and good clothes.

As I said before, have him act more aggressively when in a match. For instance, have him win his matches by STF and then keeping the STF locked in after the bell rings and he has to be pulled off of his opponent ala Chris Beniot 2000. Or if he beats his opponent normally, have him come back to the ring after he's beaten his opponent and give him another one of his finishers, ala Undertaker 2002.

Change his finisher as well. The Attitude Adjustment could be changed back to the F-U, as if to signal F-U to the fans or the opponent, maybe even change the finisher up even, like turn it into an F-5.

Have him align himself with Vince McMahon as(Yes you guessed it) his crown jewel, maybe set up his own faction. But nothing over the top like Neuxs/Corre. Maybe have just a tag team to act as enforcers, and Vince as the manager.

Next as said before, his personality will have changed more dramatically. Now he's just full on cocky and arrogant, especially when he has his stable to back him up and just acts like a complete jerk all the time, and rubs wrestlers the wrong way.

Finally, his music needs to change. A more heelish theme should be used for him

So anyway, that my idea anyway. A bit simplistic I think but it could work I reckon.

Reactions: L-U-D

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Book him like Batista............................with rap.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
All you need to have him do is attack Undertaker or something at Wrestlemania.
I agree. All you really need is for Cena to attack one of the biggest faces in the company at the time with him and he'll become heel. Mind u it would be typical if he did that the WWE fans in the crowd would boo the wreslter he is attacking.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
I agree. All you really need is for Cena to attack one of the biggest faces in the company at the time with him and he'll become heel. Mind u it would be typical if he did that the WWE fans in the crowd would boo the wreslter he is attacking.
Undertaker could wear the robes of a catholic priest and rape a child in the ring and he wouldn't be booed...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Cena won't turn heel until there is a more over face.

Hoping it comes in time for Cena to give Bieber a powerslam but I'm not holding my breath for it.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
How does one book heel Cena? Ask John Cena. Pretty sure he displayed a masterful example of this at One Night Stand vs. RVD.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If it was up to me, I would book him like heel Rock, as it suits his kind of promos and I think it would be kind of entertaining.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
John Cena vs The Undertaker is set for Wrestlemania.

backstage at Wrestlemania we see a door that says abortion clinic a guy steps out in a white doctors coat and a white doctors mask covered in blood. He takes the mask off and its John Cena, he makes his way to the ring wearing a Toothless Agression T shirt and beats the Undertaker with an F-U and the Crippler Crossface in less than 1 minute. Instant heel.

The only problem is you could never turn him face again.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Have him turn on Lawler and costing him the WWE title. After the match put a massive beat down on Lawler. Put Lawler thru the announce table with an AA and then put him in like a 5 minute STF where ref's are trying to pull him off of Lawler.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Have him turn heel and join a faction with sheamus and hhh. All three would be heels. Of course you would have to come up with a legit story for why hhh and sheamus are friends. But yea cena not geeling appreciated is a great way to do it.

Can u imagine a heel stable with Cena,hhh, sheamus? Now that'd be awesome! Maybe throw miz in the mix too.

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
There has to be a good reason for it.

A shock heel turn without any logical build-up has huge failure written over it. He's got too much history as a face for it to work that way.

The best way to do it would be to show that his dominance isn't what it once was, potentially lowering self-confidence and inflicting doubt, then have him make the final decision to snap and turn. At least you have something strong to build off. Not to mention, it would go against Cena booking established for half a decade where he overcomes his struggles. This time, instead of there being a victorious resolution, it's one that goes against his character and the fans, representing the change he's gone through himself.

Only way to it basically is a slow-burn heel turn. You don't project it but you build this angle for several months. Then when it looks like Cena is about to prosper, he changes and turns on the fans.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
As soon as he turns heel the people in the audience who are over the age of 10 and have a penis would start cheering him and within a month he would be a face again.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Cena won't turn heel until there is a more over face.
I disagree with this. WWE have done this backwards recently. Having established Faces build Heels. I hate that crap and it makes for really boring watching.

I always preferred the idea of having a well established heel which could then be used to build new Faces. Not the other way round.

Heel HHH for example put over Batista and Cena in a massive way.

NWO Hogan made loads of face stars.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Someone said that if Cena attacked a big face, Cena would be heel. WRONG!! It would turn the other guy heel and the fans would still support Cena. Or maybe both as tweeners at best. It wouldn't turn Cena heel.

If WWE had to turn Cena heel, he would have to completely betray the fans and act like he doesn't need them and he doesn't want them. You can have him act like he did at One Night Stand 2006.

·
Banned
864 Posts
Jesus, there's like three threads about Cena being heel right now. Unsurprisingly, the other two threads are noobs

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Have him injure Orton. Saying he's really not the kind to forgive and forget.
Have him become even edgier.
First promo(Admittedly a little much for PG.).
Cena enters with the belt over his shoulder, looking smug.
'You see this? Of course not, because you can't see me, you can't see anything. You can't see Randys a psychopath. And most of all you can't see what idiots i've made all of you look. In the past 6 years, i've beaten everyone there is to beat, using the 'strength' i drew from you, you really buy into that?! I win because i'm the best man in this company. The divas want me and all the guys wish they were me, Take Randy as an example!
You know when i put him through that table, i saw tons of you kids crying, and shouting 'why cena? Why?!', simple answer, because i can. I can do anything that i like in this company. You can stop loving me if you want i don't care, enough of you little brats have bought my tshirts i don't need to worry about money ever again, and the daddys looking after your spoilt little children now their hero's gone forever? You should worry more about how your wife hasn't stopped staring since i came out here... Word life.'
I'd mark out for 'word life' haha.

·
Registered
534 Posts
The only real way to turn Cena heel is for him to flip off the WWE Universe and Moon the Audience.

Yeaaaaah. Break the PG rating with Cena. Make him the most hated entity ever.

Do with Cena what WCW did with Hogan!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts