Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
isit like they do a normal match but theres notes like chair will be involved or this and that star will interefere?

how does it work

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
There are main spots that have to be in the match are laid out by the writer and wrestlers. the other spots are whispered to one another in the ring pretty much. for most matches each guy usually gets their personal move set in the match.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I don't really understand you're question but if you're asking how scripted a match is then I would think the wrestlers themselves would rehearse and script the actual wrestling themselves. When story elements come into play such as a DQ of some sort, interference, controversy or a certain ending are involved then storyline/creative writers would put that on paper as you said. Ofcourse spots such a a worked botch from the top rope or moonsault of a ladder would be planned before.

Basically an extreme rules match would be more scripted than a chain wrestling match.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
There are some cases were the match is called on the spot, like this one:

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Oh God please re-open the Universe forums.
Can't you just accept the fact that new fans want to learn about what really goes on?

I'm sure if you(you meaning anyone reading this) watched wrestling when you were little, you had questions like this.

But I believe wrestlers just get told the main points before the match(like who's gonna win and how, and other important moments) and the ref tells them other things at random times(such as when a commercial break is gonna happen so superstars do some move that takes both of them out), which is why the refs have an earpiece.

Also, if they're short on time, the ref would tell the superstars that they have ___ minutes to wrap up the match so the superstars will work their way into finishing it.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Can't you just accept the fact that new fans want to learn about what really goes on?

I'm sure if you(you meaning anyone reading this) watched wrestling when you were little, you had questions like this.

But I believe wrestlers just get told the main points before the match(like who's gonna win and how, and other important moments) and the ref tells them other things at random times(such as when a commercial break is gonna happen so superstars do some move that takes both of them out), which is why the refs have an earpiece.

Also, if they're short on time, the ref would tell the superstars that they have ___ minutes to wrap up the match so the superstars will work their way into finishing it.
There are other ways to learn about these things apart from creating an entire thread. There's tons of documentaries out there and are wide available on the internet for FREE.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
There are other ways to learn about these things apart from creating an entire thread. There's tons of documentaries out there and are wide available on the internet for FREE.
Somebody needs to create this epic thread :shocked:

Readers discretion : You decide alone if you go on youtube to watch or not or if you click the last link.

1. You can find on youtube some documentaries :

- Wrestling Secrets Exposed with WWE wrestlers (really great documentary)
- The story of pro-wrestling (11 parts)
- I Am a Pro-Wrestler (all backstage)
- 101 Reasons Not To Be A Pro Wrestler (quite bad)

2. There are also two good videos called :
- The secret behind the Buried Alive match revealed
- Wrestler communication

3. The answer about scripting : How Scripted are pro wrestling matches ?
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=582732

I won't add any other links here and will probably do a full thread somewhere else, just tell me where to put all the videos and links and if i can do it.

·
Altered State
5,975 Posts
Stop being an elitist prick. These guys are entitled to be here as much as you so you either accept that or fuck off somewhere else to continue your high and mighty attitude.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what asking a simple question take the chip off your shoulder

god shows got a few issue seeing you have attitude with people asking question
its a free world freedom of speech:)

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,616 Posts
Well some matches are called on the spot, Ric Flair Vs Ricky Steamboat was called on the spot. Others could be rehearsed like Randy Savage Vs Ricky Steamboat. Nowadays a lot of the matches I think are rehearsed beforehand.

Also to add more to the topic
matches are already pre-deterimined as in who wins and I think the end is already set, but how the match plays out I think is down to the wrestlers, planning spots and all

WWE have road agents such as Finlay, Dean Malenko and Arn Anderson who help wrestlers plan their matches. I think Arn works with tag teams being that he is a tag team legend

The referees are also used to help the match. They tell the wrestlers what's going to happen next, and are used to communicate in the match

I think there is a guy at ringside who has a list of what's going to happen in a match and he communicates with the referee via earpiece

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I can add that if wrestlers often verbally communicate into the ring, they also have secret codes (body position and hand gestures).

A specific body position asks a specific kind of offense which gives a set of pre-determinated defenses. The attacker moves specificaly in order to get a chosen defense. After that the other wrestler decides if he attacks or not and communicate his decision with hand or body codes. Turnblocks throws and attacks, pinfalls and many other moves are useful to be able to quick tell something in the ear of your opponent. They just need to decide who will act first and when in order to avoid long breaks. With this method you can fight without referees during a short time.

Some men outside the ring and in the audience are plants and are also in charge for example of the rhythm of the match communicating with hand gestures or with the referees. Many things happen behind the cameramen too. More and more wrestlers also have earpieces nowadays, not only the referees.

Don't hesitate to look at the documentaries from youtube or to ask questions.

·
Administrator
59,197 Posts
-Face and heel stare off.
-Face gets early offense and crowd momentum in.
-Heel comes back and dominates majority of match.
-Face makes comeback with help from crowd.
-Face does either 5 moves of doom, or 3 or 4 signature moves.

Then either.....
-Face hits finisher and wins
-Heel swerve (run in, referee hit, anything) and wins.

That's how it looks on paper! Oh.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts