Wrestling Forum banner

How do you think TNA is doing as far as merchandise sales are concerned?

1983 Views 23 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  chrisburr
Anybody have figures or numbers on this?

I'd imagine very piss poor sales, if i had to guess.

They seem to lack in areas of promotion/ advertising of their products...As an example i'm watching iMpact! right now and i don't see anyone really wearing or holding up anything sponsored by TNA.

Just as the basic movie theater banks a lot of their revenue from $$ coming off selling food..TNA should increase sales to become a stronger company in my opinion and offer products that will sell.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Banned
9,211 Posts
I think the fact that most weeks they have some type of special or deal with the merchandise shows how well it's doing. It would probably do better if they were on the road 4-5 times a week but they just do 1-2 a week which would hurt them.

· Intoner
8,608 Posts
Are TNA selling those paper bags with Velvets face on it?

That should be a best selling item then.

· Banned
8,200 Posts
Are TNA selling those paper bags with Velvets face on it?

That should be a best selling item then.
They quit selling those bags because the sales were so poor...

· Banned
879 Posts
I sincerely wonder how TNA still make money as a wrestling promotion? Most of their key revenue generating aspects of the business needed for a wrestling promotion to be successful is dead..

PPV business - Dead
Live Events/Touring - Dead
DVD/Home Videos - Dead
Merchandise - Dead

Other than yearly TV rights fees, they have nothing. Absolutely fucking nothing.

· Registered
1,508 Posts
I heard their merchandise sales have increased year on year,
That was years ago. Their top-5 merchandise sellers were Jeff Hardy, Sting, Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle and AJ Styles. 3 of them are gone, and the other 2 rarely visit houseshows nowadays.

The houseshow attendance themselves have dropped significantly, this by itself should cause lower sales.

So the argument that sales are increasing every year cant be valid any more.

· Banned
9,211 Posts
I sincerely wonder how TNA still make money as a wrestling promotion? Most of their key revenue generating aspects of the business needed for a wrestling promotion to be successful is dead..

PPV business - Dead
Live Events/Touring - Dead
DVD/Home Videos - Dead
Merchandise - Dead

Other than yearly TV rights fees, they have nothing. Absolutely fucking nothing.
They don't.

· Registered
69 Posts
I think merchandise sales is very good for TNA. I've been to 3 live events (2 PPV's and 1 house show) and TNA knows how to get people to buy. I did VIP for Slammiversary 2012 and Lockdown 2013 and there was at least 200 people at each of these. The first thing VIP has access to is the Merchandise table and everyone was buying. I'm gonna estimate $75 to $100 a person. The house shows is the same. Since there is only 500 people at these shows they do a pre-show autograph specials (Signed action figures at $20 a pop) then after the show they offer in ring photo's with a wrestler for $20 and the line is 100-200 deep. During the show they will make announcements that a Wrestler is at the merchandise table doing autographs for $20. TNA maximizes from the low attendance figures, it allows them to have long lines since most of the arena is empty...

· Registered
33,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They need to do T-shirt promos like these running during Impact:
These are good examples. (Y)

Valid points made.

If there IS any ONE area TNA needs to copy the WWE, it's in the marketing strategy. WWE makes pretty cool hip shirts, etc... Sometimes i want to buy a TNA item but it isn't that good or worth spending money on.

Simple things such as John Cena's wristbands, a mask or what the Shield is apparently wearing could sell..TNA NEEDS to gain marketing help..this in turn will bring in revenue and help out the company.

· Registered
15,728 Posts
TNA merchandise sales are so great that they're still trying to sell off Christian Cage DVDs and decade old Raven DVDs.
tna don't sell any dvds. i have been a number of impact tapings in universal where they handed out free dvds after the show to people who attended. i still haven't opened my copies of the asylum years or victory road 2009

using wwe as a guide (although anyone who has attended live wwe and tna events will tell you wwe have tons more merch stands available at shows). wwe had 1.924 million people attend live events in 2013 and generated $19.4 million in merch sales at those events so the spend per head is roughly $10 per customer.

· Registered
1,536 Posts
I was at a recent house shows and they were selling the grab bags for $30, I thought about getting one but watched a few people open their purchase and did not see anyone that seemed too happy. I saw one guy with a banner for some long departed talent that I did not even remember. The specials are just clearing out the warehouse and getting something for stuff that otherwise is never going to sell.

Plus their t-shirts for the most part look pretty poorly designed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.