Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the legends, I'm talking about in their peak time also, so how do you feel about the following matches if they were to happen, these are some I've often thought about, however how do you feel they would play out and also, what matches, like this, would you like to see?

Rick 'The Model' Martel Vs Alberto Del Rio

Mr Perfect Vs Dolph Ziggler

Jake 'The Snake' Roberts Vs Randy Orton

Hulk Hogan Vs John Cena

Ultimate Warrior Vs Ryback

The Beverly Brothers Vs Prime Time Players

The Genius Vs Damian Sandow

Tito Santana Vs The Miz

Natural Disasters Vs Tons Of Funk

Macho Man Randy Savage Vs CM Punk

British Bulldog Vs Wade Barret

Andre The Giant Vs Big Show

How would you like to see these play out, I think all these would be matched pretty well during their peak, but in regards to the matches themselves, what do you think would go down etc.. and would you like to see these also?

·
Who am I ?
4,921 Posts
ziggler/perfect makes me hard

savage/punk would be incredible also

show/giant and snake/orton are wild cards

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ziggler/perfect makes me hard

savage/punk would be incredible also

show/giant and snake/orton are wild cards
Yeah, I see shades of Perfect in Ziggler all the time, not just his look but specially the way he sells the bumps, and lets be honest, he's probably the best on the roster by far at doing this.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Savage/Punk makes me all warm and tingly.

·
Master Of the DDT
801 Posts
No offense, but I'll just skip over the tag team matches.

Roberts vs. Orton could be a very good match. Orton would get more wins, but Roberts would end up on top in a feud.

Hennig vs. Ziggler. I can actually picture Hennig cutting a promo after beating Ziggler saying; "Often imitated, never duplicated. Remember, Dolph, there's only one man in all of professional wrestling that's perfect & you just found out why I am that man."

Martel vs. Del Rio would be a 4 star match & most within the IWC would say it sucked or wouldn't rate it all that high.

Tito vs. Miz. As long as this match didn't take place at Wrestlemania, I'll go with Tito.

Andre vs. Show wouldn't last too long. I think Andre would go over, but Show would really be the star of the match.

Davey Boy vs. Barrett would be such an underrated match. I could see a solid 20-30 minute match with quite a few near falls. I give the edge to Barrett - he'd put his feet on the ropes for leverage.

Ultimate Warrior vs. Ryback... I don't mind Ryback, partly because he's worked hard for 8 years to get to where he is & makes no bones about his passion for wrestling. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Savage vs. Punk. These two in their prime would quite possibly put on THE greatest wrestling match of all time. Have to go with Savage.

Poffo vs. Sandow woujld start off with the two heels trying to be courteous towards one another & wrestle cleanly, but then one would try to cheat, which would cause the other to cheat & these two would probably have a good match. I'll go with Sandow.

Hogan vs. Cena. Both men stand in the ring yelling at one another to lay down & do the job.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No offense, but I'll just skip over the tag team matches.

Roberts vs. Orton could be a very good match. Orton would get more wins, but Roberts would end up on top in a feud.

Hennig vs. Ziggler. I can actually picture Hennig cutting a promo after beating Ziggler saying; "Often imitated, never duplicated. Remember, Dolph, there's only one man in all of professional wrestling that's perfect & you just found out why I am that man."

Martel vs. Del Rio would be a 4 star match & most within the IWC would say it sucked or wouldn't rate it all that high.

Tito vs. Miz. As long as this match didn't take place at Wrestlemania, I'll go with Tito.

Andre vs. Show wouldn't last too long. I think Andre would go over, but Show would really be the star of the match.

Davey Boy vs. Barrett would be such an underrated match. I could see a solid 20-30 minute match with quite a few near falls. I give the edge to Barrett - he'd put his feet on the ropes for leverage.

Ultimate Warrior vs. Ryback... I don't mind Ryback, partly because he's worked hard for 8 years to get to where he is & makes no bones about his passion for wrestling. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Savage vs. Punk. These two in their prime would quite possibly put on THE greatest wrestling match of all time. Have to go with Savage.

Poffo vs. Sandow woujld start off with the two heels trying to be courteous towards one another & wrestle cleanly, but then one would try to cheat, which would cause the other to cheat & these two would probably have a good match. I'll go with Sandow.

Hogan vs. Cena. Both men stand in the ring yelling at one another to lay down & do the job.
Great response!! :)

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Martel vs Del Rio- Heel vs Heel. I think Martel's arrogance would get to Del Rio and get him out of his element pretty easily Del Rio gets the slight nod in ring Del Rio would end the feud with the upper hand, but it would be a rulebreakrs match dream come true

Ziggler/Perfect- Heel Perfect would have the upper hand over face Ziggler. I think the in ring work would could be a solid.

Jake vs Randy- This could be great. It would have to be face Jake vs heel Randy. I would like to see this match circa 88 with a similar angle to the Rude/Roberts feud with Cheryl with Cheryl showing interest in Randy. Randy would need some kind of upper hand from the jump to make the promos interesting. In Ring I see Randy's precision moves and Jakes ring psychology possibly giving us some 8.5/10 matches. If anyone could get the most out of Randy it is Jake.

Hogan/Cena- I would prefer Hulkamania vs Thuganomics. Hogan has more charisma and plays superman better and superman vs superman would bore me here. Too predictable. I would like to hear Cena making fun of Hogan. The match would see Hogan going over Cena and I would expect the match itself to be on par with Hogan/Warrior

Warrior/Ryback. Ryback would get lost trying to keep up with Warrior promos and would attempt the tough guy act. In the match I would hope to see a repeat of Warrior squashing Ryback. I would much rather see Warrior/Brock

I will take piss break on the tag match

I really can't recall enough Genius to give a fair prediction but I think it would be worth seeing from what I do know

I will skip the next two

Savage/Punk. I think it could be one of the best feuds ever. I think the chemistry would be like the stars perfectly aligning and they would have a shot at equaling Stemboat/Savage. After seeing what Punk did with Bearer ashes, I would love to see how he used Elizabeth. Face Savage vs Heel Punk

Andre vs Show. This would need to take place around 82-84 where Andre is long since established as the one true Giant. Show would need to come in and play the angle of replacing him. I would not expect a lot out of the match other than just an amazing aura. I would love to see the classic Show gets the better of him most of the match and Andre makes a comeback and figures out how to win.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Again, good in depth response :)

Slightly off topic but how much does Damian Sandow and The Genius actually look alike, robe, hair, beard, the lot, Sandow just needs a hat lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts