Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Banned
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love him. Imo the coolest character ever and one of my alltime favorites in the ring. Although ever since 2006 I havent cared that much for anything he,s done. Not because he,s old and washedup because really he isnt even 40 yet. Not because he,s wrestled for ages because Shawn michaels never felt stale even after a long 25 year career.

Its because of the booking. They havent switched his character up one bit since 2002. Thats 12 damn years. Not even Cena touches that.

With him probably retireing in a few years I think its time to unmask him. That in itself would give him a fresh start. Secondly I would turn him heel. Thats two things he hasnt done in the wwe. Wrestled unmasked or turned heel. Maybe even run a little stable of his. Change his moveset up. Because with all the injuries he has he cant be all flying like a bird anymore. Plus most people dont know but rey is a pretty good technical wrestler. Id give him a more matbased not so highrisk technical brawler type of style. And lastly new theme song and ringattire. Bring up Kalisto and let him be the new masked underdog lucha.

Then in his last year you turn him back face so he can go into the hof.

· Registered
19,744 Posts
Retire his ass and have him chop lettuce at Subway. Eat fresh, motherfuckers!

· Banned
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hard to make an older injury prone wrestler "fresh" again.
Yeah but thats why I said he needs to change his moveset. As a heel he wouldnt be doing all the highrisk stuff. Just simple matbased technical and striking. And he isnt really old agewise. He could have a few good years in him. Hell bubba ray dudley peaked in reys age when he turned heel. Same could happend with rey.

· Registered
1,317 Posts
Yeah but thats why I said he needs to change his moveset. As a heel he wouldnt be doing all the highrisk stuff. Just simple matbased technical and striking. And he isnt really old agewise. He could have a few good years in him. Hell bubba ray dudley peaked in reys age when he turned heel. Same could happend with rey.
Without the move set what does he have? He's too small to brawl.

· Banned
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Without the move set what does he have? He's too small to brawl.
He has his starpower. He,s still rey mysterio. A heelturn and change of character would put him on the map asap. Plus I said he should have a stable. Add in some muscle to help him cheat to win matches. A guy like brodus or camacho.

· Registered
1,317 Posts
He has his starpower. He,s still rey mysterio. A heelturn and change of character would put him on the map asap. Plus I said he should have a stable. Add in some muscle to help him cheat to win matches. A guy like brodus or camacho.
Star power only gets you so far. His whole career is based on his high flying moves, not on mic work or ring presence. Since he can no longer consistently do the moves, he has nothing left to offer, imo. He cannot be fresh, he can simply retire.

· Registered
15,657 Posts
Hard to make an older injury prone wrestler "fresh" again.
I think at this point a repackage is the last thing he needs. He needs to retire so he can walk later in life, I can sure understand that no one want's to see their favorite wrestler retire, but really, quality of life concerns should take precedence when they need to.

· Registered
474 Posts
Hard for a small guy to be a heel and be an upper mid card guy.
Also, Rey can't cut a good promo. Add to that he sounds like a child, how could he cut a heel promo?
So many obstacles detrimental to this idea.
I agree he needs to change or retire.
Problem is his personality is one dimensional..
Maybe retirement is the only option.

· Registered
507 Posts
Being kalisto called up! And have him go on a tear, defeating guys muh much bigger than him, have him litteritly just take mysterios gimmick! Have Rey turn heel, out of jealousy and destroy kalisto and have a epic fued, ending with a mask for mask match which rey loses!!! Have Rey gona for abit and return no mask with a apology an respect promo on kalisto! One last run as tag team or in his own

· Venom Queen
288 Posts
I think for health reasons Rey Rey needs to retire in the ring. The thought of a wrestler retiring does seriously suck but I don't want to see the man end up in a wheel chair with how bad his knees are. Working backstage in a mentor and ambassador role would be better suited for him at this point.

· Registered
7,203 Posts
Rey Mysterio is part of the roster that WWE management just doesn't care about. He wont be in any significant program again it seems because he isn't valued by them.

I'll use Kofi Kingston as an example of what section of the roster Mysterio is in. Kofi is called upon to be this over face that is always made example of but one the heels being pushed at the time. Nothing more. When Kofi was written off tv by Ryback, did he return and attack Ryback, actually putting together a nice little program between the two of them? No. This is what I mean, they are just there and don't get programs. He defeats the WWE WHC Randy Orton. Do they give him a title shot? No.

Now look at Rey when Cena was "fired" and the belt was held up because Punk left the copany in 2011. Mysterio wins the title and then has to defend it an hour later to Cena. Rey gets screwed over, shakes Cena's hand and we never saw him again in the ME scene.

Why?

Because no one cares about him.

He could be fresh again in a second if creative or the office actually just gave him a program. But they wont. I'm saying this and I'm not even a Rey fan. It's just creative and the office having an overloaded roster and very lazy writers.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.