Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like it's getting worse and worse.
It feels like the crowd in attendance at live events are boycotting to cheer
for craps that are being put on Raw, SD or PPVs.

Orton, Cena, Nexus, Big Show, Edge, Mysterio and 'Taker seem to be only ones who get pops or heat from the crowd these days.
Everyone else get about 50 people clapping or booing out of 15,000 or get no reaction at all. They're all just sitting there and staring at R-Truth when he's signing "It's time to get crunk! It's time to get.. oh shit, no one freakin' cares about me."

I know the product is not as exciting as it used to be which can certainly explain the recent crowd reactions but it seems like it's getting worse every week. Does WWE have solutions to this problem?

I can recall there were moments when Cena and Batista started to get major pops
in their entrances when they were upcoming guys and they eventually became main
eventers.

Remember last year at MSG, when Kofi hit Boom drop on Orton through table? After seeing the reaction, I thought that was turning point of Kofi's career and he'll soon become a main eventer, but... Everyone forgot about it the next day and
he was still a midcard guy and is still getting a mediocre reaction.

Not to mention the entusiastic crowd reception for Daniel Bryan....

What can happen to change this?

·
8,232 Posts
This one's VERY simple. It's a proven fact that the crowd reaction is based on how intriguing the product is. That's it! If what's going on in the ring is entertaining, it will get a good crowd reaction. Certain wrestlers may get certain pops, but crowd reaction's like the immense ones we saw in the Attitude Era will only come along when it's warranted.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Get new wrestlers. In order to get a reaction the people have to care and nobody is ever gonna give a shit about the boring same moveset, same look, same gimmick and same mic skill-less FCW clones.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Let Tony Chimel via Microphone threaten them to kill and .... em.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts