Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know, many people are going to first off think of this guy, when you think of the gimmick they have ...

But what do you feel about the fact they're pushing these guys now as the next gimmicked tag team to come into the spotlight?

I always quite liked Primo and Epico, I thought they were great workers, and it's great that the past year or so WWE have really brought back gimmicks with wrestlers now, since around the time of Brodus Clay's repackage I think, we've had a lot from Sandow, to Fandango, so on and so forth (I don't need to compile a list) ... I really like what the Prime Time Players are doing too (I've always thought these guys were a little underrated to be honest), however now that Los Matadore are about to come into the spotlight, where do you think WWE will take them, who will they feud with and will they get a chance to hold the tag team titles?

I'd be interested to hear some thoughts in regards to this.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think there's already a big thread going on about this but...

I think they'll be another card filler eventually.

They'll come in and beat guys like 3MB or The Real Americans.

After a few months, they'll fade away and become another...

3MB or someone similar. Sure, they MIGHT have talent but...

The gimmick is a little silly if you ask me. Geared towards kids.

·
Bringing you the truth...no matter how bad it hurt
1,332 Posts
they pick up 3 wins against the real americans thus having the illusion of momentum...and then go straight back to being the jobbers we all know Primo and Epico really are..

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think there's already a big thread going on about this but...

I think they'll be another card filler eventually.

They'll come in and beat guys like 3MB or The Real Americans.

After a few months, they'll fade away and become another...

3MB or someone similar. Sure, they MIGHT have talent but...

The gimmick is a little silly if you ask me. Geared towards kids.
If so, I apologize, it's easy to miss things on here due to it being so popular, I hadn't noticed anything on these previously, again, my apologies.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I'm willing to give it a chance as I always do. No point in writing it off without seeing how it plays out. It's no more silly than some things that have got over in the last few years. They are good hands in the ring and needed a gimmick so here's hoping

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
How many Matadores are there?

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
I can't help but think that the WWE are going to fuck up the tag division again by repackaging Primo and Epico as the Los Matadores because they seem like they'll just be clones of the Uso's - energetic in the ring, jumping around a lot, screwing with their opponents with good teamwork.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I am a fan of tag team wrestling and am happy that there are at the very least some teams now on television each week. Primo and Epico were good in the ring a fresh gimmick is what they needed, unless they surprise me with something new in the ring I don't think it will be that much different than what they were before

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
I'm not even sure if it's going to be Primo and Epico. For all we know, Los Matadores is tied to the Corporation angle and it might be some way for Cody Rhodes to come back.

·
Charismatic Enigma
4,103 Posts
I think it sucks, only because the OLE thing was supposed to be El Genericos not a team of matadores. Oh well, good for them and I'd imagine they'll be popular with it. It's just gonna be heartbreaking because of Generico

·
Registered
49 Posts
Only reason why I can't see them getting big is cause I don't think they (Primo and Epico) can cut a good promo.

I do remember seeing the promo on TV for the very first time and thinking that it was the worst thing I've ever seen. We'll see how they do when they finally debut.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,952 Posts
The gimmick is pretty tasteless. Having a bunch of animal abusers as a tag team just doesn't seem right.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I think Vince has dementia and woke up thinking it was 1995 again. :vince5 Anybody remember Aldo Montoya? Seriously, this gimmick is a fucking embarrassment, and the creative department should be ashamed of themselves for thinking that this shit can get over in 2013.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts