Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 432 Posts

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Controversial to say the least.... What was your biggest problem with the list? Who's too high? Who's too low?

1. Shawn Michaels
2. The Undertaker
3. Steve Austin
4. Bret Hart
5. The Rock
6. Harley Race
7. Ricky Steamboat
8. Andre the Giant
9. Rey Mysterio.
10. Roddy Piper
11. Eddie Guerrero
12. Triple H
13. Gorgeous George
14. Randy Savage
15. Curt Hennig
16. John Cena
17. Ric Flair
18. Dusty Rhodes (Flair and Rhodes are actually tied for 17th)
19. Edge
20. Jerry Lawler
21. Lou Thesz
22. Terry Funk
23. Hulk Hogan
24. Bruno Sammartino
25. Chris Jericho
26. Ted DiBiase
27. Fabulous Moolah
28. Freddie Blassie
29. Randy Orton
30. Pat Patterson
31. The Iron Sheik
32. Jimmy Snuka
33. Mick Foley
34. Kurt Angle
35. Buddy Rogers
36. Gorilla Monsoon
37. Junkyard Dog
38. Billy Graham
39. Jake Roberts
40. Big Show
41. Jack Brisco
42. Sgt. Slaughter
43. Kane
44. Nick Bockwinkel
45. Jeff Hardy
46. Dory Funk Jr.
47. Bob Backlund
48. Rick Rude
49. Batista
50. Killer Kowalski

I'll always laugh at the fact that Hogan is rated in the 20s :lmao and Bret over the Rock? fpalm

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
9. Rey Mysterio.

Too high

27. Fabulous Moolah

lol wut

34. Kurt Angle

Too low

I felt this way about mysterio too, he's a great in ring talent though, can't deny that.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And I'll probably get hate for this, but I'll say it anyway ... CENA IS TOO LOW.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Mysterio way too high and above Eddie G? Da fuck?

Savage is too low and HHH above him? Wow haha.

Cena over Flair is laughable.

Can't stand Hogan but he is way too low.

Love Bret but yeah Rock should be ahead of him.

Angle way too low. Orton over Angle? Good lord.

Jericho is too low.

Rick Rude below Jeff Hardy? Yikes.

The doc is pretty good but yes the order is messed up.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
When was this? I'll presume fairly recently since Hogan and Angle are so low?

I'm surprised at Jericho too. 25 looks about right but WWE always seem to overhype him like mad in a lot of their lists.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When was this? I'll presume fairly recently since Hogan and Angle are so low?

I'm surprised at Jericho too. 25 looks about right but WWE always seem to overhype him like mad in a lot of their lists.

Came out in 2010 I believe.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anything that doesn't have Hulk in the top 5 wrestling stars ever is a bias piece of propaganda. There, I said it.

Utterly ridiculous.

Agreed, and I don't even like Hogan. In the 20s?

:lmao

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
-Todd Grisham welcomes us and lets us know that this list was voted on by current WWE Super Stars. They asked every Super Star to rate their favorite performers of all time with that as the only criteria. Well that explains a lot.
So take it up with the wrestlers!

When the DVD was first being put together, the director of media also said on Twitter the same thing.

Not really shocking when you put it in that context, as I doubt many current wrestlers grew up wanting to be or were influenced by Hulk Hogan.

Having said that, a list without Hogan being number one will never be entirely accurate. Let the marks quibble about the rest, but that's all there is to it. That's why it's funny when people get up in arms about the inconsequential stuff.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Hogan is becoming so long ago I wonder how many people on the current roster look at him the same way they look at like Billy Graham or Bruno Sammartino and aren't really influenced by Hogan. But agreed Hogan is way too low. I'm not a fan at all but little old ladies in Montana and Zimbabwe know who Hogan is.

Come at me Punk haters but give it a few more years and Punk is in the middle of this list. I don't give a fuck if he isn't a draw. Neither is Jericho.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hogan is becoming so long ago I wonder how many people on the current roster look at him the same way they look at like Billy Graham or Bruno Sammartino and doesn't really influence anyone currently. But agreed Hogan is way too low.

Come at me Punk haters but give it a few more years and Punk is in the middle of this list. I don't give a fuck if he isn't a draw. Neither is Jericho.

Jericho is better than punk in every department..... But I agree Punk now should be in the mid 30s somewhere.

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
List was complete bullshit once Hogan wasn't ranked in the top 5. Bret being above Rock is laughable too.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
It is very obvious that this list was made by the wrestlers themselves and that in ring and promo ability is placed higher than impact, influence, drawing power and popularity. With this taken into consideration I have always found the list to not be that bad and it is nice to see who the wrestlers themselves have the most respect for.

The one that gets me the worst is how low Flair is. I would expect Hogan to be low since it is wrestlers voting, but it shocked me to see Flair so low

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Jericho is better than punk in every department..... But I agree Punk now should be in the mid 30s somewhere.
I'm a big Jericho fan (probably a bigger Punk fan) and think he is too low (probably in the 15-20 range) but that would be a spirited debate Punk or Jericho for sure. They are pretty similar. Punk is also smack dab in the middle of his prime. He has 3-5 top notch years left.....if he wants. Punk's matches with Samoa Joe, Cena, Taker, Brock and Bryan are right up there with any Jericho has had. I think Jericho is probably more consistent. Wow tough call.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Any top 50 list that doesn't have Hulk Hogan occupying a spot in the top 5 at least is completely bogus and I'm no Hulkamaniac. If the list was current WWE stars voting for their favourite stars of all time then they should have stated that and also changed the title of the set to My Favourite Wrestler or something because that is not an accurate way to compile a top 50 list on anything. You need something a little more substantive than opinions.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

·
Banned
2,073 Posts
Lol fuck this, I don't care what people think... Cena and Hogan are both way too low. Rey Mysterio above Eddie Guerrero? hmmm. And also Jericho should be more up there.

1 - 20 of 432 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.