Wrestling Forum banner

How do you deal with Jevoahs Witnesses or Mormons coming on to you door

4532 Views 89 Replies 69 Participants Last post by  Dib Da GREEK/CREEP/FALSE DETECTIVE
I would say I am not intrested and ask them not to come again,if they persist I start to rage.
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

· Boiling ramen at 1am because life is still happeni
8,442 Posts
Show as much interest in their beliefs as possible, even if I don't follow them. Not only am I opening myself up to alternative interpretations of belief, but also making them feel like all those times they have had the door slammed in their face was worth it for someone who actually displays intrigue.

· Bleep, bloop, bloam, goodbye to your home.
13,653 Posts
i ask them if child workforce is legal in jehovas and point the kid next to his dad as the kid wears suit and has his own suitcase as well.

Or then i just tell that we got one looney in our family and if we want to join we go to him.

· From parts unknown
34,156 Posts
Let them say their piece. Tell them that I'm not interested now but I might think about it. Give em a thank you, and go about my business.

I'm a friendly person. Society needs to be more social. Or civil at least.
I was raised Muslim and am an Atheist now. I spent 30 years being proselytized to in one way or another and not always in a good way. Many times I've wanted to punch assholes in the face for both trivializing my problems as well as inviting me to god at my most vulnerable fucking moments.

I will listen to people now and maybe even converse a little if I'm free. However, I don't think they want to hear about evolutionary biology and astrophysics in response. Plus, even if they think they're working for some magical fucking being in the sky, they're really only lining the pockets of someone who has more power than them .. a person .. head of a clergy or church or whatever that's probably off somewhere building a million dollar home.

· Banned
8,659 Posts
I was raised Muslim and am an Atheist now. I spent 30 years being proselytized to in one way or another and not always in a good way. Many times I've wanted to punch assholes in the face for both trivializing my problems as well as inviting me to god at my most vulnerable fucking moments.

I will listen to people now and maybe even converse a little if I'm free. However, I don't think they want to hear about evolutionary biology and astrophysics in response. Plus, even if they think they're working for some magical fucking being in the sky, they're really only lining the pockets of someone who has more power than them .. a person .. head of a clergy or church or whatever that's probably off somewhere building a million dollar home.
Religiously, I do my own thing. I don't worship anyone but I believe strongly in the "spiritual" energy that exists between people. It's stronger in some than in others (idea of the cream rising to the top) and it's stronger between some than it is between others (concept of soul mates). There are some people whose energies are all fucked up and you've got to avoid those people. Whether or not you believe what I believe, we all recognize these types when they're around.

But as a rule, I don't shut out anyone based on what they believe. I think it hurts my own "energy". I can't really believe in a god and I can't have faith in anything other than my own untapped potential but I can't look down on anyone for believing in God either. It's a comforting idea and if they believe it until the day they die then they get to die with a little more peace and a sense of fulfillment. If anything, I envy them.

There are those who profit and take advantage of it but in my experience, they're in a tiny minority. I think the idea of a "preying cleric" is misguided and more of a medieval idea. Honestly, every clerical organization I've dealt with or been apart of has been modest. None of the preacher's homes I've been in or seen are larger than the average home of a family in their congregation. Their kids don't wear more expensive clothes than average either. Actually, my old preacher had another job with a textile manufacturer.

· From parts unknown
34,156 Posts
There are those who profit and take advantage of it but in my experience, they're in a tiny minority. I think the idea of a "preying cleric" is misguided and more of a medieval idea. Honestly, every clerical organization I've dealt with or been apart of has been modest. None of the preacher's homes I've been in or seen are larger than the average home of a family in their congregation. Their kids don't wear more expensive clothes than average either. Actually, my old preacher had another job with a textile manufacturer.
I just think that religion is irrelevant and un-needed. I definitely do not envy people who find comfort in god or anything that's nor real. They only find comfort in those because they're taught to.

Anyways, I really don't think they're a minority in the sense that the power they wield is significant. Even if they are a minority I think that people shouldn't let them exist. Even a small church in the middle of nowehere can cause severe suffering, death if the preacher is corrupt. Do I think that everyone is corrupt? Of course not. But I really think that people should get away from the "it's ok because it's religion" mentality and teach vigilance.

How do you comfort a child whose preacher told him to suck his dick because god wanted him to? How do you comfort those girls who were fucked and filmed in the name of some god or the other? How do you comfort a father whose wife murdered his son because she was exorcizing demons? How do you comfort grandparents who watched their grandchildren suffer because their parents decided to try faith healing instead of medicine?

I don't think the minoirty should be allowed to exist (people should be educated to be vary and vigilant to prevent being hoodwinked) .. and the fact that we're accepting of religion as a whole allows these criminals to continue to exist.

I really think that people should be generally skeptical of most religious leaders and preachers because we don't know what they might be hiding .. I know society is all about innocent till proven guilty and that we shouldn't stereotype based on association .. but after enough crimes have been committed under the name of the same god by people following the same religion, you have to hit a point where you have to start being skeptical .. don't you?

· Registered
23,570 Posts
I would say "sorry, I'm not interested" because I'm not a dick. A lot of people will play billy big balls and say they'd bad mouth them but I'm positive they wouldn't when it comes down to it. A lot of people also try to mock them but that's just a dick'ish thing to do.

· Is a Snit Head
33,676 Posts
I live on a cul de sac so I really don't have to worry about it. I think I've only ever had 1 person knock on my door and it was for an election. I eagerly informed the guy that I was for sure voting for his guy. He reminded me when election day was and was quickly on his way. I never had any intention of voting for this candidate but it made things a lot easier.

If someone came to talk to me about religion or something I think I would take whatever pamphlet they had and try to get them to leave as quickly as possible. In my defense I would probably read the pamphlet because I do find other religions to be interesting but every pamphlet I've come across has been pretty uninteresting just tells me to accept God in one way or another without explain why they are different from any other branch of Christianity.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.