Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Sgt. Pepper
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this video clip is older, but I came across it while randomly surfing YouTube...

My question is, Does anyone know how this trick is done without the wrestler getting badly burned? If you watch the clip closely, you can clearly see Hardy's face ignited in flames.

How does this work?

· Registered
553 Posts
IIRC that actually did burn Hardy a bit, so it may not the best best example.

I would think the main things limiting injury would be the very brief nature of it and possibly the dampness of Hardy's face (through sweat if not a dousing from a water bottle). Think of it as putting out a candle with damp fingertips.

· Premium Member
26,653 Posts
They actually had to do it twice because Storm couldn't get it to light which meant he had to douse Hardy with more lighter fluid. His gf said he was burnt pretty bad.

I still don't get the point of that entire "feud" but whatever.

· Registered
9,884 Posts
I think Hardy used a special product in the face to not burn. Like Stunt doubles use.
Hardy did get burned though. There's not really a way you can fake getting fire in your face. The quick and instant nature of it is the only thing that prevents it from being serious.

It's one of the dumbest things in wrestling.

· Registered
147 Posts
It's stupid. The use of flash paper back in the day was a lot smarter than the whole lighter fluid mess, which can lead to some pretty bad burns... like Hardy got there. It doesn't burn long, but it can still hurt people.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.