Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Seriously, who cares if he is juiced? I think people worry far too much about what happens behind the scenes of a fake sport. It's clear that WWE doesn't have to adhere to any actual standards of testing. Their performers don't have to enter any testing pool, it's essentially dealers choice and as is they are going to choose to do it regardless of consequences. How many other promotions even drug test their talent? If Lashley were in New Japan would anybody even give a fuck if he is juicing?

·
Registered
22,262 Posts
Bellator are a very large promotion owned by media giant Viacom.

Drug testing for fights is undertaken by usada or the state athletic commissions anyway not the companies
Bellator doesn't do USADA, but there testing isn't very good. After Kimbo vs Shamrock both failed post fight tests. The athletic commissions do handle testing, but I don't think Bellator requires random testing which is how you really look for steroid cheats

This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. MMA is overseen by state sports commissions and the USADA. It isn't a choice if they test their fighters or not, they are required to in order to maintain certification.

SMDH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah but the state athletic commissions do the bare minimum testing. MMA promotions can certainly do more. It's why you see UFC fighters failing tests more now that the UFC uses USADA who tests randomly year round, whether you're in competition or not.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
There’s so much medicine and science these days that I wouldn’t doubt some of these guys could get that physique naturally. But then of course we know who Vince is that he probably has a way of letting some guys get away with it. Brock wasn’t punished for legit failing.
Lashley is 41 and you don't get that physique naturally at that age with a schedule like WWE's. All science does is mask the shit you take by taking other shit.
End of story.

Part timers aren't tested in WWE.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,948 Posts
Actually - I do think "what is he on". Although I agree that most probably do not.

I am of the opinion that almost every top level athlete is on some form of "banned PED" - whether it is to increase muscle mass, increase stamina, etc, etc. Like Canelo Alvarez for example a lot of people are surprised he popped (and some even believe the "it was just tainted meat" story) dirty - but for me he's an obvious juicer. He walks around at 190 minimum and used to be able to get down to 154 (only to weigh 180-185 the next day on fight night).. He's obviously on some sort of PEDs to cut/add weight in short periods of time..

And quite honestly - I don't care one bit. It's not even proven that some of these PEDs are even that bad for you. I mean, soda pop is not good for people. McDonalds is not good for you. I don't see how some of these PEDs are worse for your body than eating and drinking piss and shit like that.

There is a fine line between supplement and PED it seems in society today. Personally, I think the line should be eroded - and all pro athletes (including WWE wrestlers) should be allowed to take them.

I realize I probably have a minority opinion here and that is fine, but I'm pretty sure that

A. Most athletes use something "banned"
B. Most of the "banned" substances aren't as harmful as people make them out to be
Even though I disagree with your view, I can respect it. I hate how people only ever accuse people they don't like of being on stuff; if everybody is on it equally then they aren't really getting an unfair boost compared with their competition, the gap only grows between them and regular people, which makes the highest levels of their craft even more valuable.

The research might support your view though, there's a poll by a researcher named Bill Goldman that asks Olympic caliber athletes if they would do a drug that guaranteed them a gold medal, but they would die in 5 years and every year more than half say they would take it. If that kind of mindset is wide-spread in sports then I wouldn't have trouble believing more than half of athletes are on PEDs, I just don't think it's fair accuse people when you don't know their genetics.

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
People who claim wrestlers are natural seem to forget these guys are on road 300+ days a year, they don't have access to healthy foods/good diet most of the time, they eat what they can, they train when they can, they probably don't get much rest or sleep and all that takes toll on your body. Is it possible to look like Ryback, Cena, HHH, Jinder, etc naturally? Probably not (I'm not into lifting so I don't know) but even if it is it sure is not possible when you are in WWE.

With some superior genetics, 20+ years of lifting, good rest, good sleep schedule, perfect diet, etc you can probably look amazing, gain some serious size and muscle mass, but I doubt you are ever gonna look like Lashley. It sure is not possible to look like that naturally with WWE schedule.

WWE is scripted so I sometimes feel like they should be able to use steroids if they want but then when I think about it I remember guys like Benoit who didn't know when to stop and took it too far. If they are allowed to use steroids then at least they should be regulated, to make sure they don't take it too far.
In general, tall/muscular/lean don't go together, the vast majority of people have to pick two out of the three. That's not to say they'd all be taking the same thing, I remember Ryback always being a bit of a chunk, he probably needed to fight the flab more and has an easier time of building muscle mass than someone like Jinder, who's probably mostly concerned with packing on enough pounds that he can grow muscle.

Genetics play a huge role not only in what someone looks like naturally, but what taking PED's will even do for them. Also, their work ethic is going to make a difference, steroids can't go to the gym and lift weights for them.

The reason I'd imagine most wrestlers are "on something" is not necessarily looking at their physiques, but looking at their work schedule and the fact that it's well known they "work through injury," so often. A regular athlete might do that knowing the off season is coming up and they can recuperate then, WWE's wrestlers don't have that luxury, so it would be unsurprising to me for even someone who looks like Bo Dallas or Kevin Owens to be using.

·
TAFKA KroKro
2,682 Posts
Why do we care so much? If this was MMA or boxing, or any Olympic sport for that matter, I would be 100% against steroid use. It isn't. It's scripted entertainment that we watch. NJPW doesn't care for steroids as long as you aren't competing for anything else. Why do we? I'm not saying "NJPW is better!!!" I just am curious. Even before the Benoit scandal the whole steroid trial was a thing. I just don't know why we care when it is scripted? I know size is important in the WWE, or in wrestling, but I just can't figure out why it matters if they use enchancers.

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I wish more wrestlers used PED's or at least looked like it. Good for Bobby Lashley, he still looks great!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.