Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me it was right after the Cm Punk promo in 2011. Before that id watch wwe and the occasional impact but I wasnt really familiar with wrestling outside of that. Through lurking on this place for years I learned about dirtsheets,wrestling podcasts,roh,njpw,pwg, words such as kayfabe and heel/babyface etc etc. I never thought about joining til recently and just read the threads like id read a newspaper lol. The reason I found it was the punk promo. I had never seen something like it so I had to google around for reactions and this place came up and a huge thread with thousands of replies.

What about you?

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Re: How did you first find Wrestling forum?

I was previously on a different type of forum that had an off-topic section and one of the threads was about wrestling, but the discussion in that thread was very limited with only a couple of posters interested in wrestling. So I thought why not join an actual wrestling forum to discuss wrestling. I lurked most of 2011 before joining at the end of the year when two of my favourite wrestlers at the time were feuding, CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler.

·
it's a tarp!
4,705 Posts
Re: How did you first find Wrestling forum?

I believe it was 2005, I registered but never posted.

You needed to register when RAW/Smackdown went live, so I did.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,227 Posts
I was alone, late one night and typed in "Torture and Humiliation".
This site was the top result.:wink2:

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
I was looking up Wrestlemania travel package info and the Mania 31 travel thread was on the first results pages, so I had a read of it then decided to sign up. At first, I only posted in that thread and my username was weatherwarden and nobody knew about my Mox/Ambrose obsession. But then slowly I began to venture out into the rest of the forum and the rest is history and now I spend my time annoying everyone with how much I love Mox :lol

·
Registered
485 Posts
What really annoys me is I don't fuckin' remember how I got into WWE / Wrestling in the first place. I know I had a friend at school who faked (maybe? maybe not?) garbage backyard wrestling and whatnot. Maybe I found out through him?

I used to watch UPN a lot and i probably left the TV on while Smackdown came on and that was that. More than likely what happened.

Maybe one of these days I'll have to watch parts of episodes and go backwards until I can't remember shit about it. I can say... I remember John Cena vs Kurt Angle then his fued with Lesnar.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I was originally registered as CancelWWENetwork or something along those lines shortly after RR 2015. I didn't post nearly as much as I do now. After getting locked out of my old yahoo account I had affiliated with ths site I registered as my current screen name.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was on another forum for years and I was getting annoyed with how PC & thin skinned it became and was looking for another forum, put Wrestling forums into google and this one popped up and it seemed cool.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,959 Posts
I found this place around 2010-11 maybe.....starting out as a lurker reading threads more than anything then i stopped around 2016 for a while until I found a need to converse on a forum board since I never wanted to interact with people online back then so March 2018 came around and i just signed up for the hell of it, It's been a lot of fun since tbh.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,208 Posts
I found this forum around November 2010. It was the same month that the WWE Universe Forums was getting closed down for good. I actually got banned once and used a VPN to make another account there so I can say goodbye to some good mates two before some one closed it down. One of the posters there told me about this place. He didn't give me the link, I had to search this site for myself. After months and months of thinking in December 2010 -May 2011. I have decided to join this palace of chaos. I remember I got called a troll in the Impact Wrestling Section. :D

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,809 Posts
I joined in 2004 originally, I think it was still WE at the time, through searching for wrestling topics. If not, then, I definitely browsed back before the switch. Anyway, Nitemare banned me because I disagreed with his post. I don’t recall the discussion, but, I remember there was no cussing or anything, I just simply disagreed with one of his wrestling posts lmfao. I had a Shane McMahon username, I forget what the fuck it was. It was dumb, I think it was HereComesTheMoney or some trash. Awful.

This is the first forum I ever joined and it’s been my main since then. it has everything I need, except when it’s dead....and it can get real dead at times in here.

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
I think I was in to be the booker/fantasy wrestling and I found wolf beasts booker thread. Then I read some back and forth between tyrion who was Pyro back then arguing with I think kenton bomb

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Lurked for a couple years, don't really remember how I found it, probably google, don't even remember why I signed up

1 - 18 of 18 Posts