Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They failed to make Mr Kennedy/Anderson into a World Champion. So damn over, more so than anyone at the time probably, yet they release him. He got injured when he had the MITB briefcase, but WWE told him he would be out for upwards of a year when in reality he was only out for a couple of months or something stupid. He could have won the title and been a massive, massive star

Look at this debut Raw promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCOfeCNSxQE&feature=related

He could have been WWEs modern Rocky

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Their sure was potential in Kennedy ,i'd consider Pope more of a mess up than Kennedy though.I thought Kennedy was on the verge to being a big star when fueding with the Undertaker .Saying he could be the modern day Rock is going far but he sure as hell had potential but had room for improvement.

·
Premium Member
13,803 Posts
politics. As simple as that.

article I found:

During a recent interview, Ken Anderson (formerly WWE star Mr. Kennedy) blamed John Cena and Randy Orton for getting him fired and implied they were using political clout to bury other wrestlers reports The Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Just to clarify since his release went down months ago, John Cena did indeed go to WWE management and said that Ken was unsafe and terrible to work with. Cena wasn't the only one who did this. It was widely reported around the time of Kennedy's release that Randy Orton, who sources claim didn't try to get him fired, went off on him backstage over a back suplex during Kennedy's first match back on Raw over Orton's previously injured collarbone. In the interview, Kennedy tried to blow off that claim saying Orton jumped too hard. The only problem with that is those in WWE didn't feel Kennedy did a great job of putting Orton back down safely, which was his job.

The reaction among many in the media and even in some wrestling circles to Kennedy's claim that Cena, Orton and others were using "political clout" to get him fired is that there really wasn't another example of so many guys in a company like WWE (both top guys and mid-level guys) going to management to complain about a wrestler. One example is Rob Van Dam, who used to get pegged as being dangerous to work with from guys like Shawn Michaels, Triple H and The Undertaker. However, they never got together to try and get him fired. According to at least one strong WWE source, the heat on Kennedy dates back as early as October 2005 when he was first called up to the main roster.

In October 2005, Kennedy worked a tag match teaming with Randy Orton and Bob Orton against Eddie Guerrero and Batista. At one point during the match, Kennedy was supposed to boot Guerrero in the gut. Instead, Kennedy kicked him full on in the jaw and Guerrero was described as being outraged about it to WWE agents after the match. Another incident involved Finlay where Kennedy punted him and Finlay ended up giving him a receipt in the ring. There was another incident also with Matt Hardy where the source described Kennedy as "nearly decapitating" Matt with some spot on the ropes. Vince McMahon, who was watching on his headset, threw them on the ground and started ranting on what he just saw.

Probably one incident that stood out the most was during a Kennedy & Umaga vs. DX tag match where Kennedy screwed something up badly during the match. As a result, Michaels and Triple H pulled him aside in the Gorilla position after the match and had a very long talk with him. After that incident took place, Triple H was overheard throwing in little jabs or jokes about Kennedy when his name was brought up at meetings.

credit: wrestlingattitude.com

·
YES! YES! YES!
10,405 Posts
They tried, and tried very hard. Every time he got lined up for a big push, something happened.

MITB - Misdiagnosed injury causing him to lose the case, as well as apparently being a bit of an ass when they told him he was gonna win the thing probably didn't help his standing backstage.

Illegitimate son storyline - Could have been huge, instead Kennedy gets busted for steroids, after going on record saying he doesn't do them and hasn't done them.

Also have to look at him getting injured and re-injured keeping him out for long periods of time and screwing up any plans. Don't blame the WWE for not getting it done, because they put a hell of an effort in on it, but just circumstances outside of everyone's control (mostly) caused problems every time something was in the pipeline.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
They tried, and tried very hard. Every time he got lined up for a big push, something happened.

MITB - Misdiagnosed injury causing him to lose the case, as well as apparently being a bit of an ass when they told him he was gonna win the thing probably didn't help his standing backstage.

Illegitimate son storyline - Could have been huge, instead Kennedy gets busted for steroids, after going on record saying he doesn't do them and hasn't done them.

Also have to look at him getting injured and re-injured keeping him out for long periods of time and screwing up any plans. Don't blame the WWE for not getting it done, because they put a hell of an effort in on it, but just circumstances outside of everyone's control (mostly) caused problems every time something was in the pipeline.
This x1000.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
You know you're doing something wrong if Eddie, Cena, Undertaker and 'post Jesus Finding' Shawn dont like you very much.

Anywho, as for why Kennedy never got far, its a number of things. He never kept his fucking mouth shut. He kept getting hurt. He was kinda dangerous to work with. He was very unlucky, and most of all, he just wouldnt shut up. He complained about everyone and everything. Including the wellness policy. And then when he got fired, if he stayed quiet, they could have rehired him soon enough. Vince isnt the guy who holds grudges. But no, Kennedy thought he had to 'shoot', like he was some modern Stone Cold. Newsflash Kennedy, you're not Austin.

Its not like the WWE didnt push him. He did very well against both Taker and Shawn. A big sign of great things in a guy's future. And then he won MiTB which guaranteed him a title win. But he then got unlucky, and it wasnt anyone's fault. Shit happens. Get over it.

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But no, Kennedy thought he had to 'shoot', like he was some modern Stone Cold. Newsflash Kennedy, you're not Austin.
Are you referring to post-release interviews?

I'd argue that he was a big enough talent to do so... that's just my opinion though. He certainly could have been huge.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Kennedy was average in the mic and overrated just because he said his name, he was almost as bad in the ring for an Upper Midcarder as Randy Orton and was very injury prone and lazy, Stone Cold was training him at soem point and gave up on him due to his lack of motivation.

I'm glad his gone to TNA, I never want to see him again, lol @ those marks who wanted him to become World champion.

It's Kennedy who screwed up big time not the WWE.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Are you referring to post-release interviews?

I'd argue that he was a big enough talent to do so... that's just my opinion though. He certainly could have been huge.
Kennedy's situation was nothing like Austin's.

Austin was the workhorse of WCW. He got over even though he wasnt meant to. He had to struggle for every minor push he got. Even in the big time matches he was just thrown in to take all the abuse. He was often called the most underrated talent on the roster, and perhaps in their top three wrestlers. But then was fired because he couldnt keep up with such greats as Brutus Beefcake, Renegade, and Lanny Poffo who got paid to stay at home basically. Austin, was screwed. He had the drive, he had the animal instinct to be no1, he wanted to perfect his craft.

Kennedy, was pushed from day one. Vignettes. Main event of Smackdown. The son of a bitch even got wins over Undertaker. They did everything to make him a star. And when the day came when they were gonna hand him MiTb and make him champ, Vince called him into his office and said "Undertaker is injured, so we're gonna have you cash MiTB on him and get really over as a heel". Then Kennedy responded by saying something along the lines of "yeah, sure. i'm ok with that. i'll get the crowd hating me, i mean this is fake wrestling, so it'll get a reaction"

It was like he barely gave a flying fuck.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
He got fired because he almost injured Randy Orton's sensitive shoulder. That night, he called out Orton and looked to be getting back in the world title hunt again, until Orton bitched him out and cost him his job. I can't believe people take Orton's side in this.

·
Registered
476 Posts
You know you're doing something wrong if Eddie, Cena, Undertaker and 'post Jesus Finding' Shawn dont like you very much.

Anywho, as for why Kennedy never got far, its a number of things. He never kept his fucking mouth shut. He kept getting hurt. He was kinda dangerous to work with. He was very unlucky, and most of all, he just wouldnt shut up. He complained about everyone and everything. Including the wellness policy. And then when he got fired, if he stayed quiet, they could have rehired him soon enough. Vince isnt the guy who holds grudges. But no, Kennedy thought he had to 'shoot', like he was some modern Stone Cold. Newsflash Kennedy, you're not Austin.

Its not like the WWE didnt push him. He did very well against both Taker and Shawn. A big sign of great things in a guy's future. And then he won MiTB which guaranteed him a title win. But he then got unlucky, and it wasnt anyone's fault. Shit happens. Get over it.
How do you know Eddie didn't like him?

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
i loved kennedy, but he was unsafe in the ring, and he was a bigger, big mouth than carlito

·
Banned
3,115 Posts
To be fair, in TNA, Anderson has more potential...he can curse, do whatever...but in WWE he'd be all PG..not as interesting

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
He got fired because he almost injured Randy Orton's sensitive shoulder. That night, he called out Orton and looked to be getting back in the world title hunt again, until Orton bitched him out and cost him his job. I can't believe people take Orton's side in this.
honestly? go back and do your research kid. what a pathetic post.

there are so many more reasons than just Orton. this is the fucking stupid Orton bias that ridicules these threads. as someone who couldn't care less about Orton, this is just a tremendously stupid thing to say. there were so many people involved in Kennedy's firing, including himself.

Kennedy HIMSELF has admitted it wasn't just Orton who had a problem with him. if you had actually looked some of this up before just spouting whatever you wanted to, you might realize that. Kennedy has referred to the Sunday Brunch practically 100 times after he was released. you think that was one person? GTFO.

he could have been huge. but he had injuries, was unsafe in the ring with several main eventers, and had a mouth that didn't really help. there was an interesting article in the TNA section where Ken specifically stated something he had said to Vince McMahon that wasw just sorta out of line and could easily have offended him.

but seriously, if you think this was all Ortons doing, you haven't really thought about it.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
honestly? go back and do your research kid. what a pathetic post.

there are so many more reasons than just Orton. this is the fucking stupid Orton bias that ridicules these threads. as someone who couldn't care less about Orton, this is just a tremendously stupid thing to say. there were so many people involved in Kennedy's firing, including himself.

Kennedy HIMSELF has admitted it wasn't just Orton who had a problem with him. if you had actually looked some of this up before just spouting whatever you wanted to, you might realize that. Kennedy has referred to the Sunday Brunch practically 100 times after he was released. you think that was one person? GTFO.

he could have been huge. but he had injuries, was unsafe in the ring with several main eventers, and had a mouth that didn't really help. there was an interesting article in the TNA section where Ken specifically stated something he had said to Vince McMahon that wasw just sorta out of line and could easily have offended him.

but seriously, if you think this was all Ortons doing, you haven't really thought about it.
I have done my research, I've been a fan since 2005. Randy Orton bitching about what COULD have happened, was the final straw, and I still haven't gained my respect back for him.

Anderson can go out there and take an accidental chairshot to the back of the head, get busted open real bad, and not say a word to management about it. It's called being a professional.

·
Registered
417 Posts
he refused to bend over for Randy Orton and John Cena (and probably Triple H).

1 - 20 of 37 Posts