Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week they showed a video package highlighting Ken Shamrock's career achievements and what was notable was that they showed a fair amount of WWE footage including his win over the Rock. How the hell did they get hold of this? There's something fishy going on.. Perhaps WWE owns Impact? WWE are not known to lend their footage out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm pretty sure Impact let the WWE use video footage the in the past. I guess they are returning the favor.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
I assume that was just the return end of the trade of some footage for some clips, they used some clips from AJ Styles a few times, they showed Victory Road 2011 in their Jeff Hardy network special, I think there are a couple more instances I might be forgetting as well in recent memory.

·
Registered
879 Posts
If I remember right it has been reported in the recent past by at least some half-credible sources that WWE does not see Impact as competition for now (the focus is likely on the bigger promotions AEW, NJPW, maybe CMLL). So I assume such small and harmless cooperations are possible, as I think WWE used also some TNA footage about some guys.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I was shocked a few months ago when WWE did a sit down episode on the network about TNA including footage. It was AJ, Jarrett and Sting openly discussing TNA and putting it over. Was super weird.

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
If I remember right it has been reported in the recent past by at least some half-credible sources that WWE does not see Impact as competition for now (the focus is likely on the bigger promotions AEW, NJPW, maybe CMLL). So I assume such small and harmless cooperations are possible, as I think WWE used also some TNA footage about some guys.

no one sees Impact as competition. At this point Impact dont see Impact as competition need to change direction of the product big time

·
IRAN #1
2,311 Posts
WWE aired clips of Aj Styles and Kurt Angle in TNA.. WWE and Impact has made deals in the past. It's not that crazy they aired WWE footage.

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
which is why anthem hired a new gm for Impact and FITE

Hopefully it means new direction and how they run busienss. Enough with these nerdy insy circuit events. Its all fun but it simply doesn't help its reputation to grow

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Well, In this situation,WWE have no problem to let Impact use some of their footage since WWE need more footage from someone like AJ Styles, they can't use the rookie AJ footage from WCW since it's so limited same like Shamrock as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts