Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know that the Rock is the measuring stick when it comes to charisma. How does the charisma of HBK, considered one of the best ever performers, compare? Charisma-wise, what advantages does one have over the other and in what key areas does one fail to stack against the other?

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Well first of all people need to know the real definition of "Charisma" and understand that being Energetic =/= Charisma.

Charisma
- a spiritual power or personal quality that gives an individual influence or authority over large numbers of people.

Source: Dictionary.com

Since the Rock obviously drew in WAY more people than HBK, I would say the Rock without a question has more charisma.

If you're talking about who was BETTER ON THE MIC in terms of getting a point across, who's more believable, who could hold your attention more, etc. than that's a whole different thing. Me personally I'd most of the time prefer HBK. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love The Rock's promos but its just at times he can be very repetitive. He's almost like a one trick pony because his promos rely heavily on the same catchphrases over and over.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
as much as i like HBK The Rock had Charisma on another level compared to just about everyone who has ever steped foot in a Wrestling Ring .

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If your talking about who was BETTER ON THE MIC in terms of getting a point across, who's more believable, who could hold your attention more, etc. than that's a whole different thing. Me personally I'd most of the time prefer HBK. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love The Rock's promos but its just at times he can be very repetitive. He's almost like a one trick pony because his promos rely heavily on the same catchphrases over and over.
One could say this doesn't apply to Hollywood Rock.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
If The Rock isn't the most charismatic wrestler of all time, he's damn close. HBK's not in his league in that department.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
Comparison threads usually don't work out.

Anyway, did HBK always have a lazy eye? If not, when did he get it?

As for charisma, it goes to The Rock in this case.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Shawn Michael's charisma led to viewers turning the channel to WCW.
The Rock's charisma lead to record ratings, buyrates, movie roles, Hogan being put back on the map after being gone for two years, and pretty much every star that matters TODAY in TNA and WWE trying to emulate his promo style and ring flash.

As for mic ability? Shawn Michaels would of been buried by the Rock if they ever feuded like the internet fans had wanted. You could bring the Rock back as a sell out heel against the much loved Shawn Michaels of today who's been having good matches at WM and has had WWE hype him as an all time great performer and the Rock would still have the spotlight because he can basicallly make a fool out of Shawn Michaels in ways no one in history ever has.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Earlier in his singles career, when he actually was the Heartbreak Kid, Shawn had a lot more charisma than what we saw the last three years. He was the best at giving a heartfelt promo, but he gave so many at the end, that it started to just not be as moving. I don't want to say boring, but towards the end, it just wasn't as moving and I would be sitting there wishing he would get to the point already.

I would take The Rock in this battle, by a lot. Every movement, every word, every small change in tone drew you in, every time. Sometimes he was funny, sometimes he was a badass, but he was always effective.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Lol, I recall this. It fucking flopped. Every time those two even got a whiff of each other, shawn just came across a rung lower on my mental ladder. Fuck, I think that was why i could never stand dx. And I mean like...get off my tv not stand, not the booing kind. Their frontmen were horrid.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Rocky's charisma is just on another level completely compared to most everybody. As much as I love HBK, Rock has him beat all day long in this category.

·
Banned
306 Posts
The Rock all the way.

·
Registered
107 Posts
this is a tough one as both are my favorite wrestlers. The rock was not super as an all round wwe wrestler but his charisma got him over huge. Micheals was over because he was the complete package as far as wrestler. I don't think its even right to compare both of them. both are the greats of wrestling in their own rights and comparing them wouldn't do either justice

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
We all know that the Rock is the measuring stick when it comes to charisma. How does the charisma of HBK, considered one of the best ever performers, compare? Charisma-wise, what advantages does one have over the other and in what key areas does one fail to stack against the other?
Why would the Rock be the measuring stick for charisma? That is like Benoit being the measuring stick for wrestling.

·
Registered
835 Posts
as much as i like HBK The Rock had Charisma on another level compared to just about everyone who has ever steped foot in a Wrestling Ring .
I agree 100% with this fella

1 - 20 of 22 Posts