Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Quiet On The Set
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't watch NXT so I never saw the female matches that took place there. But so far, Sasha Banks seems good but is paired with two losers. The internet fan team just seems really cringeworthy/annoying, but I think it boils down to Charlotte. Does she seem cringeworthy/annoying to anyone else? Whether it's her catchphrase that ends with "flair", her modified figure four as a whole, her putting her arms out when she enters, her woo-ing, etc.

·
El Ingobernable
887 Posts
Charlotte is a solid wrestler, maybe the best all-around of the four horsewomen when it comes to ring ability (I'd put Becky ahead but I digress), but there's things she does and overdoes that turn me off of her. She had a pretty good thing going when they weren't emphasizing that she was Flair's daughter. She wasn't woo-ing, she didn't do the figure 4/8, and she had a pretty awesome theme song that they replaced with a generic beat with Flair's theme remixed over it... Ugh, immedately turned me off of her.

Her signature moves are also pretty mediocre. Her chops looks ridiculous, her spear is not vicious, Natural Selection misses a good percentage of the time and is way too flashy for my taste, same with the figure 8, it looks awkward when she bridges back sometimes... And that neckbreaker reversal sequence is too mechanical looking for me... BUT that's me nitpicking, she is incredibly talented in the ring, (save for her flashy end-of-match moveset) and she's had countless amazing matches on NXT, but yeah, I can completely see where you're coming from.

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
Very cringeworthy. Really wish she would stop imitating Ric Flair, we get it, you're his fucking daughter, now bring something else to the table from a character stand point. Last night on Raw was a solid promo from her though minus the Flair bullshit afterwards. I really don't even want her to win the title, she has had some good matches in NXT, but she just doesn't do it for me as a character. I have a feeling I'm going to get really sick of her very quick. When she wins the title, I don't see her dropping it until Wrestlemania.

·
A stanning today 💋
9,045 Posts
Charles is a mess and I have yet to see how he is up to par with Sasha, Becky or Bayley. Not nearly as good of a wrestler nor nearly as charismatic as the other three, even some of the main roster divas like Paige, Nikki, and Alicia have him beat in that regard. A Natalya 2.0 if I ever saw one.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Chicks that are that tall are just unattractive and awkward to look at. Sorry Charlotte.

·
Banned
1,561 Posts
Despite her blatantly leaching off the Flair name endlessly, I think she has been the best of the 3 NXT Divas, not only has she been the best wrestler but also the one who carries herself the most like what a real diva of 2015 should, no over the top shenanigans, no overt display of sexuality, just pure straight unadulterated and genuine ATTITUDE and having perfect sense of your gimmick, plus I find her incredibly charismatic and able to carry the division forward, looking forward to the title match.

·
In Jericho, we trust
2,805 Posts
Charlotte is a solid wrestler, maybe the best all-around of the four horsewomen when it comes to ring ability (I'd put Becky ahead but I digress), but there's things she does and overdoes that turn me off of her. She had a pretty good thing going when they weren't emphasizing that she was Flair's daughter. She wasn't woo-ing, she didn't do the figure 4/8, and she had a pretty awesome theme song that they replaced with a generic beat with Flair's theme remixed over it... Ugh, immedately turned me off of her.

Her signature moves are also pretty mediocre. Her chops looks ridiculous, her spear is not vicious, Natural Selection misses a good percentage of the time and is way too flashy for my taste, same with the figure 8, it looks awkward when she bridges back sometimes... And that neckbreaker reversal sequence is too mechanical looking for me... BUT that's me nitpicking, she is incredibly talented in the ring, (save for her flashy end-of-match moveset) and she's had countless amazing matches on NXT, but yeah, I can completely see where you're coming from.
With respect, I'm just a bit confused how you could say she's incredibly talented in the ring when you tore much of her individual moveset apart.

60,001 Posts
I wish she would tone down the Flair tributes. The finishing move is fine. Cut the lame chops and maybe change the music. Everyone knows who she is. We dont need it hammered into our heads regarding her bloodline and she would be better suited to have her own distinct ring identity.

·
El Ingobernable
887 Posts
With respect, I'm just a bit confused how you could say she's incredibly talented in the ring when you tore much of her individual moveset apart.
the meat and bones of her matches are solid, it's when she does that sequence is when it's all just mediocre.

I compare it to the Original 5 moves of doom of Bret Hart, (atomic drop, backbreaker, elbowdrop from second rope, legsweep, sharpshooter) - that wasn't all of Hart's moveset, and those above moves aren't all of Charlotte's moveset, there's a lot more to look at than those moves. Those are however, the moves that are supposed to set her apart from everyone else, and none of that is convincing, while her early match (the run into the ropes and tie up she does rules) and mid-match stuff is solid - great.

does that make sense?? - just trying to clarify.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts