Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

the whole time i was waiting for this music to play and out come masked kane

but i was disappoint. :(

bet no one can hear that and watch that video without wishing the slow walking, no emotion, invincible "masked kane" would have made an apperance

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Wouldnt really have made sense though now would it?

And all their old school stuff was pre 1990s. So I dont see how putting in a guy who debuted 13 years ago and still wrestles today is really 'old school'

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

And all their old school stuff was pre 1990s. So I dont see how putting in a guy who debuted 13 years ago and still wrestles today is really 'old school'
Kane was there when they had that classic gold WWF logo, so I guess you can make a case for him.

Either way, still would have been bad ass to see him as masked kane.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Yes, but it was while they were phasing out that logo to replace it with the scratch logo. It still wouldnt have made sense why he showed up wearing a mask for the first time in 7 years.

Plus, like Kane can actually stand shoulder to shoulder with guys like Arn Anderson or Roddy Piper or Dusty Rhodes.

·
Registered
837 Posts

Most were pre-90's but a few weren't. Sexual Chocolate was definitely not pre-90's. He was exactly at Masked Kane's time.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, but it was while they were phasing out that logo to replace it with the scratch logo. It still wouldnt have made sense why he showed up wearing a mask for the first time in 7 years.

Plus, like Kane can actually stand shoulder to shoulder with guys like Arn Anderson or Roddy Piper or Dusty Rhodes.
Hey, it's not just about having the old timers come back.

It's about going back to how it use to be years ago. Jerry Lawler is still there today, yet he went out in his old outfit. I'm sure if Undertaker was there, he would have used his old outfit with the purple gloves and stuff. Even "Sexual Chocolate" Mark Henry was at the same time masked Kane was, yet he still made an appearance.

It's just a trip down memory lane for all guys.

·
Registered
610 Posts
for the final time im gonna say it

ATTITUDE ERA IS NOT OLD SCHOOL

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
for the final time im gonna say it

ATTITUDE ERA IS NOT OLD SCHOOL
Except for Sexual Chocolate and Ron Simmons right?

I thought about Kane maybe coming out in his '97 attire but as a heel and as WHC involved in a storyline it wasn't going to happen. If Old School RAW had been 2 or 3 years ago it may have been a possibility though.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Except for Sexual Chocolate and Ron Simmons right?

I thought about Kane maybe coming out in his '97 attire but as a heel and as WHC involved in a storyline it wasn't going to happen. If Old School RAW had been 2 or 3 years ago it may have been a possibility though.
Ron Simmons isnt Farooq. Ron Simmons is the 1st black man to hold the WCW title. He deserved to be there. But i do see where your coming from slighty as Farooq wasnt in the WWF untill 96. So if they called him Farooq id agree.

I came in this thread expecting it to be about any of Marty Jannety, Repo Man, Damien Demento, Koko B Ware.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
yeah it wold have been nice to see him as masked kane again but alas it wasn't mean to be

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
Putting a mask on Kane wouldn't do as much for his career as the recent consecutive wins over Taker should've done. He's getting a great push and currently holds the World Title.

But yes. By all means, let's imagine a mask would automatically make him exceptionally entertaining.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts