Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm just watching the repeat of Smackdown now as I type this, Cody and Goldust against Swagger and Cesaro ... and every single match that Goldust has performed in, since his return has been spot on, full of so much energy and enthusiasm, as well as being constantly consistent too, not one match has been dull to watch since he's been involved, it helps too that he has the fantastic talents of Cody Rhodes with him also ... but Goldust has been incredibly impressive in my opinion.

When Goldust returned after Cody's firing, did you expect him to be on form as much as he has been lately? Where Goldust has always been solid in the ring, even when he debuted with his father back in 1990, he wasn't bad, but just excelled so well over the years, I guess it's in the Rhodes blood really.

Though how have you felt about Goldust's return since he's been back a while now, what are your thoughts in regards to Goldust, his performances and consistency since being back?​

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
He's done really well, I'm not surprised though his a great wrestler who's kept in shape and isn't too old so it's jot surprising that he is still as good as ever.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
He looks to be in much better shape now than in the late 90s- which is an amazing paradox. He's pushing 50 and performing better than when he was 30.

This latest run has been great. He has added even more value to his stock tha he already had- which was already a lot. I think we are looking at a future hall of famer.

·
18,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He looks to be in much better shape now than in the late 90s- which is an amazing paradox. He's pushing 50 and performing better than when he was 30.

This latest run has been great. He has added even more value to his stock tha he already had- which was already a lot. I think we are looking at a future hall of famer.

Yeah, I thought that, he's still young in his 30's, yet pushing nearly 50 he's on fire!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts

Yeah I definitely think so he has cleared up any doubts with his recent run.

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
Dustin has been an amazing talent since like, 1992. I guess it's better late than never that he gets recognition.

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Its gonna create a problem. Theyre gonna cheer him over Cody. He's already more over than Cody. They even come out to Goldust's music. Really if it wasn't for Goldust, this team would be a bust. Codys lost a lot of momentum since throwing Sandows briefcase into the ocean. If theyre planning on turning Goldust heel then I dont think its going to work out to well. He better take off the paint and the suit. The fans might boo Dustin but they wont boo Goldust, especially the smarks.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I'm impressed with how he has performed. He was always ahead of the curve in terms of character and acting. Goldust was very passable in the ring but he's in much better shape now. Cody commented somewhere about how Dustin really cleaned up his life and especially his dtiet in the past 4-5 years.

Great for Dustin. I'm still hoping for the Cody-Goldust match at Wrestlemania.

·
Vacay in Suplex City!
1,778 Posts
He's been impressive, but it doesn't really shock me. He's been given a chance and now we see what he is capable of. He's been great.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
Dustin has always been a great worker, but he seems to be working particularly hard to prove himself this time around. He's been cutting an amazing pace in all of his contests.

·
Keeping the red flag flying high
2,044 Posts
To be honest Goldust/Dustin Rhodes is one of the most underrated sports entertainers ever in my opinion, whilst he's looked fantastic since coming back he's always been a great 'hand' in the ring and made a seemingly impossible, risque gimmick become one of the greatest there has ever been, really hope they give him a World Heavyweight title run before he hangs up his boots.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I'm a big fan, he's probably extra-motivated to help out his brother, although he can overshadow him a bit at times. He seems in good shape, he's been doing independent shows before he came back which contributed to that. Of course in terms of character and charisma, always made it work. I agree that he should get a decent sendoff or at least considered for the hall of fame.

·
18,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dustin has always been a great worker, but he seems to be working particularly hard to prove himself this time around. He's been cutting an amazing pace in all of his contests.
Yeah, I wonder if he's thinking this might be his last run and wanting to leave a lasting impression from it? Not that he never did that before but he seems to be really impressive lately I feel.

·
18,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm a big fan, he's probably extra-motivated to help out his brother, although he can overshadow him a bit at times. He seems in good shape, he's been doing independent shows before he came back which contributed to that. Of course in terms of character and charisma, always made it work. I agree that he should get a decent sendoff or at least considered for the hall of fame.
I think he should go in the HOF without a doubt.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts