Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's always amazed me, how guys like HHH, Batista and so on always jumped brands, but the Deadman has never moved from SmackDown?

Is it due to personal reasons, business, does the WWE want a veteran on SmackDown at all times because Shawn Michaels was always on RAW, I've always been curious as to why WWE has stuck with Taker on SmackDown for so long considering most other wrestlers move from brand to brand frequently.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It's so he can do his dissapearing acts easier on a recorded show, also probably so Smackdown gets higher ratings in the WrestleMania lead up when he annually comes alive again

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Because SD needs a constant and Taker is that constant.

In latter years it may have been so he can travel with his missus after he hooked up with her?

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
SD has a lighter schedule.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
They need all the star-power they can spare on Smackdown, so keeping a legend knocking around is just good sense.

Plus they need to be able to edit his appearing and disappearing acts.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
He was drafted once. Back when Flair hand picked Taker to go 2 raw. And Taker got pissed and went straight 2 vince. Don't remember the rest though.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
I think that it comes down to the fact that Smackdown needs at least one top tier name to attract viewers and that Undertaker is a reliable, valuable asset. Plus, as Smackdown is a pre-recorded show rather than live, they can edit his special "magic tricks" and stuff.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
triple h was almost always on raw so they kept him on sd so ther egos don't colide

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Oooonly heeaaaveeen knows..

Nah, I think cause smackdown is his yard and no one, I MEAN NO ONE, not even Vince, can move him anywhere. #itsstillrealtomedammit

Ok, serious, Sd is lacking of star power. On raw, you have HHH, Cena, in the past, Batista, HBK and Orton
Sd only have, Y2J, taker, Kane.

Also, it might be possible that they doesn't wan HBK and Taker on the same show?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts