Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Banned
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From what I understand Shawn and Bryan never even met face to face during his training days. Bryan, all these years, has worked hard to become the best in the ring and developed his own charismatic persona that captivates 20,000 fans every week. Shawn Michaels clearly has nothing to do with any of that, yet he is back in the company claiming he's trained him and that he is his protege or some shit.

Don't give me that "Its only kayfabe" crap either, shit like this sticks forever. If they run this angle strong, Bryan will forever be recognized by clueless WWE fans as the "protege" of Shawn michaels and someone who will become "the guy that shawn trained" and that is so wrong and totally untrue. In my opinion, Shawn should take no part of Bryan's success, he is not responsible for any of it and he has nothing to do with it. Daniel Bryan is his own man.

And quite frankly, I'm surprised none of Daniel Bryan fans have complained about this yet. I can't help but think the reason for that is because Michaels is suppose to be this great untouchable legend in the industry? Basically its okay because its Shawn right? if it were someone like Hogan or Flair taking credit, you guys be shitting your beds right now.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
Shit stirrers gonna shit stir, I guess. Quite literally the most insignificant thing to take issue over, as if the association to a wrestling icon is going to do anything but help his image.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
um.. to get a rub off a big name. It helps his image.As in to strengthen is credibility towards the casual fans

·
Banned
9,032 Posts
I already have bitter feelings towards Shawn, you just made those feelings become stronger.

·
Banned
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This what I expected. Read my post first.

HBK is not the only "ICON" in the industry. What if someone like Hogan or Rock tried to take credit? Would Bryan fans be okay with it though? Hogan and Rock much bigger names, so by the same logic Bryan should benefit ten times more if he were to be presented as their protege instead of a weak ass "icon" like Shawn.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Probably because people (well those who knew the connection between Shawn and Bryan) saw this coming a mile off and were just waiting for it to happen. Letting it go over their heads.

·
Men with Ven
4,273 Posts
Completely disagree, all they do is mention that Michaels trained him, and the main reason for that, despite what you think, is kayfabe to give him a tie to Bryan, as well as HHH and Orton.

·
Banned
4,010 Posts
From what I understand Shawn and Bryan never even met face to face during his training days. Bryan, all these years, has worked hard to become the best in the ring and developed his own charismatic persona that captivates 20,000 fans every week. Shawn Michaels clearly has nothing to do with any of that, yet he is back in the company claiming he's trained him and that he is his protege or some shit.

Don't give me that "Its only kayfabe" crap either, shit like this sticks forever. If they run this angle strong, Bryan will forever be recognized by clueless WWE fans as the "protege" of Shawn michaels and someone who will become "the guy that shawn trained" and that is so wrong and totally untrue. In my opinion, Shawn should take no part of Bryan's success, he is not responsible for any of it and he has nothing to do with it. Daniel Bryan is his own man.

And quite frankly, I'm surprised none of Daniel Bryan fans have complained about this yet. I can't help but think the reason for that is because Michaels is suppose to be this great untouchable legend in the industry? Basically its okay because its Shawn right? if it were someone like Hogan or Flair taking credit, you guys be shitting your beds right now.
Some of us have brought this up. I personally did before SS even took place as I just knew they were gonna use the fact that Bryan started out at HBK's Texas Wrestling Academy as an angle at some point. What can you do though? It makes for a good story and build. It's not like they are gonna have Regal come out there and say he was the one who trained Bryan in Memphis as well.

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
Completely disagree, all they do is mention that Michaels trained him, and the main reason for that, despite what you think, is kayfabe to give him a tie to Bryan, as well as HHH and Orton.
Agreed. It's a kayfabe tool which is used to tell a story. It's no big deal.

We all know it's that stupid YES chant that deserves the credit anyway.

Reactions: Boots2Asses

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
CM Punk said this once during commentatory:Why are you guys crediting Shawn Michaels for training Daniel Bryan?The guy took money from him and did nothing.If you want to credit someone,it is William RegalBut being involved with Shawn is better than being involved with Regal

·
Banned
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't see why its mandatory for shawn to be involved. Its not like the casuals knew Bryan's past anyway. If they are going to associate him with an ICON, then why not Flair or Austin etc..?

Just because of a bunch of IWC nerds expected Shawn's involvement does not justify it.

·
Banned
4,010 Posts
I don't see why its mandatory for shawn to be involved. Its not like the casuals knew Bryan's past anyway. If they are going to associate him with an ICON, then why not Flair or Austin etc..?

Just because of a bunch of IWC nerds expected Shawn's involvement does not justify it.
Because Bryan did train at HBK's school. They aren't lying, just fudging some details.

·
Banned
4,010 Posts
it is a storyline and hbk go to cost Bryan the match at hell in a cell ppv.
Maybe. Depends on if they want to do some sort of Team HBK (HBK won't be wrestling though) vs Team HHH at SvS. It will either be that or Team HHH vs Team Big Show and I certainly know which match I'd rather see. They are probably keeping their options open currently.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I also saw this coming a few months ago but the only reason how I got to know Shawn hadn't done much with him was by listening to his interviews. I'm sure after this programme is done, DB will once again(hopefully have the balls) to say that Shawn didn't help that much. When I listened to him he did say that Shawn was there sometimes and was helpful. We just have to wait for the programme to blow over then DB might start telling people the truth.

·
THE ONE.
5,323 Posts
Everyone saw it coming so no point crying over it, its to add another layer to the story and one that's intriguing with HBK's ties to Triple H

1 - 20 of 104 Posts