Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's just too keep them out of the main event without looking racist

It's really messed up how there has only ever been 1 Black World champion in WWE ever

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ He's the "One World Champion" I mentioned

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Young, Otunga and Tarver are all black heels. And Ezekiel Jackson when he comes back too.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I think he meant currently and he's right. I think at the very least they should turn Henry heel. I kind of liked his reign as monster ECW champion. Truth should probably stay face and I don't care about MVP but he could stand to be heel.

And it's kind of stupid but I changed up Kofi's gimmick on Smackdown vs Raw a while back by making him kind of like what The Miz is now with this theme, for obvious reasons but I liked it.

·
Registered
20,205 Posts
Shelton Benjamin was a heel. If you are insinuating that the WWE is racist, I would find that claim specious. Booker T maybe deserved to go over Triple H at WrestleMania XIX, but I think you are making a baseless claim.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
For Christ's sake. The position of people within the company has NOTHING to do with their skin color. If you're good you'll get pushed and with the exception of Kofi, none of the black wrestlers really possess anything special, similar to all of the white guys in the mid-card.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
King™;8695131 said:
Bobby Lashley and Mark Henry? If you count the ECW titles as world titles...
No-one counts the ECW title...No-one

I think he meant currently
Yes I did which is why I overlooked Ezekial Jackson (He may not even return)

I just think it strange that the number of Black world champions is equal to the number of Muslim world champions and Indian world champions because there have been so many, many, many more Black wrestlers

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
It absolutely is not. Vince is a smart enough businessman to push people that are going to make him the most money whether they're white, black, or purple.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ron simmons was world champ....
WCW - Even then it's only 2 but it does increase the total number of reigns by Black people although maybe Booker T's 5 reigns during WCW's death are off-putting to some

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Of course there aren't many star black wrestlers. There aren't many black wrestlers to begin with.

And most of the wrestlers to come along who have happened to be black just haven't been very good.

Race has nothing to do with it. If you're good, you get pushed. If you're not, you don't.

Hell, it's not like crappy black wrestlers haven't gotten pushed. Look at R-Truth. He's horrendous and he's in the main event of SummerSlam.

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
And technically world title has been held by a black person on 7 different occasions

just happens that either the black wrestlers arent talented enough or leave before they get a chance (lashley)

1 - 20 of 131 Posts