Wrestling Forum banner

Will Rock wrestle at Wrestlemania?

• The Rock will wrestle at Wrestlemania.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • The Rock will not wrestle at Wrestlemania.

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • I never thought Rock was wrestling at Wrestlemania, but now I'm leaning towards it.

Votes: 8 27.6%

How can WWE legitimately end the feud with Cena, Rock and Miz?

1693 15
Last night was the first time where I thought "you know what? Rock could actually wrestle at Mania."
The back and forth promos are getting/gotten very personal and it's obvious that WWE are seriously building this up to something big. I never thought Rock would wrestle and that the most we could expect was a Rock Bottom to Cena at Mania.

Let's put a few things into perspective to both sides of the argument.

Rock DOES NOT wrestle at Mania:
- The feud would be overshadowing the whole PPV, Rock is there to host so he'd have to be actively involved in every card and alot of promos.
- Ideally, the feud would end on the previous Raw somehow.
- It's doubtful Rock would put his body at risk in what would have to be a 25-30min+ match.

Rock DOES wrestle at Mania
- Rock could be inserted in the WWE title match, making it a triple threat. All of us smarks know he wouldn't win, but it builds up Cena (or Miz) when they win a match by not only winning/defending the title, but beating a legend in The Rock at the same time.
- The promo's have got way too personal for Rock to hit a couple of Rock Bottoms and maybe a People's Elbow only then to sail off into the Hollywood sunset to his next movie.
- We've never had a "guest host" at Wrestlemania, how exactly would it work? Even though it is The Rock, the concept of having a host doesn't appeal to me, WWE now has the media's attention, they could now easily just insert him into the match and do away with the whole guest host thing.

If WWE does indeed get the triple threat going. Rock has to take the pin, there's no alternative. When you've got someone of his status then you have to have him take the pin, he also has to put Cena over even if Cena doesn't win. Cena/Rock is iconic, on the same level as Hogan/Rock, you need to have the previous top guy now officially passing the torch to the current top guy. So I'd book it one of either two ways:

Cena wins the title:
Miz is already down, out side the ring. Cena hits the AA (after the standard hulking up moveset) on Rock, gets the 1-2-3 and becomes new champion. Rock rolls out of the ring hurt while Cena celebrates. Miz comes flying in, maybe weapon in hand, proceeds to beat on Cena. Rock comes in, Rock Bottom + peoples elbow on the Miz, a groggy Cena stands up and looks Rock in the face which then causes Rock to raise Cena's hand with the classic "this guy is the man" facial expression. By doing this, Cena gets the Wrestlemania title win for the fans and media but also gets the "put over" by Rock. Miz meanwhile doesn't lose credibility as he wasn't the one that took the pin (which can easily progress into the classic "I wasn't pinned, didn't lose the title, want rematch" storyline).

Miz retains the title:
Similar to above except Miz wins by defeating Rock while Cena is down. He wins the title, takes a look at a downed Cena and proceeds to beat on him. Mirroring above, Rock comes in, Rock Bottom and Peoples Elbow on Miz. A staredown with Cena, looking as if it's about to kick off again but instead raises Cena's hand.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
12,497 Posts
As guest host, I think Rock will do four things:
1. possibly open the show (with a promo), introduces first match
2. backstage skits with Santino, Austin, Miz sporadically done throughout the night
3. make a slight adjustment to a match on the card e.g. make it no DQ
4. get involved in the main event

Now, in the case of number four, I'm obviously assuming the main event is the Miz vs Cena. We could see a severe kayfabe ref bump, leading to Chioda being taken away. The Rock would stroll down to the ring wearing a referee shirt (becoming the second special referee on the night after Austin) and take up the rest of the officiating for the match, much to Cena's dismay. Miz will get frustrated and pissed at Rock for slow counting, the usual heel routine, and attack Rock in a cheap manner. Rock will basically choose to back the lesser of two evils in his mind, and attacks Miz, allowing Cena to win while counting the pinfall himself. After a brief title celebration, Cena & Rock will have a staredown before finally shaking hands in mutual respect as the show goes off the air.

The Cena/Rock rivalry is settled, and Miz will get his rematch at the title because he'll feel he was screwed by The Rock and wants a level playing field. Cena will win that too, ending the feud.

· Registered
5,005 Posts
This is all about validating Cena (finally) as an icon in WWE history. Cena has been collecting kudos from everybody but attitude era main eventers like Rock & Austin (although Cena has gotten the nod from HHH & HBK).
In the end it has to end with Rock showing Cena some "respect". Rock is NOT wrestling, so at the most they will have a short scuffle either on Raw or at Mania that may end up with Rock being laid out.
Either Cena will "save" Rock from the Miz or he will be forced to punk Rock personally but in the end Cena needs to have the Rock's respect.
I see a handshake or something crappy like that after Cena wins the belt. A hug or something that will make it official but Cena doesn't look like he can hang right now. He looks waaaaay overmatched in a war of words with Rock. All the masterbating and gay jokes simply aren't enough.

· Registered
317 Posts
I think the most likely outcomes are that:
(i) Rock does not wrestle at WM, although he may deliver a People's Elbow
(ii) Cena wins the WWE title

Any storyline that marries the two is conceivable, although a swerve is not out of the question either.

· The Winds of Change
5,629 Posts
I don't think Rock will be stepping back in the ring, not right now at least. However, a Rock/Cena match is brewing...they can't have this much trash talk with no fall out...and my bet is Summerslam. Summerslam will be in LA once again, and that would be one hell of a main even to put on for the show...it would have a lot of Hollywood buzz around it.

Honestly, I could see a Cena heel turn happening at Wrestlemania - now hear me out for why. Some people keep saying "Rock needs to put over Cena, Rock needs to put over Cena. That's the only reason he should be back". Well I am going to disagree...to a certain extent at least. While I do agree that Rock will need to put over Cena eventually, right now isn't the time. People are still extatic with Rock's return, that regardless of the babyface vs. babyface clash, has Rock as the clear favorite.

Vince knows this, and he also isn't an idiot knowing that Cena's babyface bit is getting a stale. Afterall, Vince was open to the option of turning Cena heel during the whole Nexus thing, which obviously didn't end up happeneing...but still, it shows that Vince was open to it. If Cena is going to be turned heel, it needs to be done the biggest possible way, and that means there needs to be a bigger face to actually shift the crowd support.

I think what could be an interesting way for this to pan out, is for Cena and Miz to close the show. They will have a real back and forth match, and towards the end, Rock will come out to ring side. Cena will get some distracted by Rock simply being there, that Miz will be able to capitalize and secure the victory. After the match, Rock and Cena can be in the ring together with the crowd probably going back and forth between "Rocky" and "Cena" chants. I would have Rock and Cena jaw at eachother, with Cena then trying to throw the first punch. It would ultimatly lead to a Rock Bottom and then a People's Elbow on Cena to close the show, with Cena cutting a promo the following night how the fans turned on him. That is the one key with a Cena heel turn, it needs to be a turn on the fans, NOT on another babyface in the company, because...well, he is the biggest babyface.

· Premium Member
286 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Ill be right there with you
Count me in.

I agree with Cena heel turn thing. There's no one bigger than The Rock to turn heel on.

Handshake...just no, that would be the worst possible way to end it.

Simple way to end it(or set up a match for next WM):

After the match, Rock offers a handshake to Cena, Cena takes it... only to kick Rock in guts and AA him... Basic Thuganomics music hits...

· Registered
534 Posts
Look the Rock is going to guest host and referee the match via satellite.

The plan might even call for a Rock Bottom and People's Elbow to John Cena/Miz via satellite too.

· Banned
2,157 Posts
Look the Rock is going to guest host and referee the match via satellite.

The plan might even call for a Rock Bottom and People's Elbow to John Cena/Miz via satellite too.
"Finally!...THE ROCK. HAS COME BACK. TO ATLANTAAAA.....via Satellite."

I don't know what's funnier, Rock trying to electrify when he's not even there or the fact that he still has more presence than Cena despite the fact that he isn't even in the same state let alone building.

· Banned
19,104 Posts
If there's no match between Cena and Rock at Wrestlemania, it will go down two ways:

1.) Rock will turn on Miz and help Cena celebrate his win and thus pissing off almost everybody in the WWE Universe.

2.) Rock will turn on Miz and help Cena celebrate his win before turning on him too with a Rock Bottom and a People's Elbow to set up a match at SummerSlam.

- Vic

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.