Wrestling Forum banner

How can WWE Films suck so much?

8435 Views 39 Replies 36 Participants Last post by  Premeditated
When WWE alone could produce pretty good scenes like this:

Nor bar it's copying from another film, but the acting was pretty good... Least JBL's was.

In other words, JBL deserves a film, lmao

EDIT: AND JUST FOR CHRISTIAN FANS!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Lucy Snorebush
2,155 Posts
I havn't seen The Chaperone yet but Cena's film he did recently (that I forget the name of) was a good, typical family evening movie. I havn't been wowed by any of WWE's movies but considering the budget they run on they are pretty damn good.

· Registered
1,604 Posts
there films are way over the top and cheesy take both Marine movies it over dramatises a Marines abilities to the point of sickening i cant imagine any former service men liking either of them WWE needs to relise that what they are is a wrestling company not a film studio.

· Registered
6,278 Posts
As a film major, I can attest that it's INCREDIBLY hard to make a good movie. That's why only a very small percentage of movies that are released are actually good. WWE Films makes crappy movies, but that puts them in the distinct majority.

· Registered
1,769 Posts
I don't know why it surprises anyone. It's not that simple to make a good film anyway and lets be honest, wrestling writing is and never has been particularly great on a consistent basis. Its a bit of a joke amongst people for a reason. There have been certain storylines that have been written really well but most of the time, the writing doesn't hold a candle to good films.

It doesn't have to be most of the time, granted because after all, it is about two people wanting to beat each other up but that isn't enough when it comes to making a good film.

· Registered
3,646 Posts
Randy Orton, looks like a movie star more then anyone else in WWE - if that movie gets more rave reviews I wouldn't be surprised to see Randy as some type of marvel or DC super hero one day - then bye bye WWE.

· Recognize
21,207 Posts
Their movies are alright for watching one night when there isn't anything on and you happen to stumble across it on the TV. The only one I went to see was 12 Rounds because I thought it looked alright and it was imo. They aren't going to win Oscars but that's not what they're going for either. Yeah, the movies aren't great but if they get more exposure and it doesn't have them losing money then why not do it?

· Banned
4,476 Posts

· Banned
2,677 Posts
I dont really see how WWE movies are any worse than 98% of the garbage hollywood put out nowadays.
Then you must be blind or need to watch more movies. I'm going to confidently say you're probably one of those guys who only watches some of the movies advertised on television or the internet and has little knowledge in general regards to movie releases and the amount of quality work released in a year, even on low budgets. For the production budgets some WWE pictures have had, they're horrible compared to the majority of stuff Hollywood releases on a comparative scale. I won't even go into movie markets that are not Hollywood and that release some great work.

There are a lot of things that go into making a competent movie. WWE movies have far more problems than just writing.

· Banned
2,174 Posts
they could maybe do decent remakes of these movies but they are too small time to get even get a sniff of these all famous licences

98% of movies sucking is still better than WWE Films current rate.
I dont care about films anymore but hey Dark Knight Rises will likely have me in 8*D :avit:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.