Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think they added too many people to the conspiracy storyline. Now it's all about Miz and Truth and Punk is left being best friends with Cena.

So how can they make CM Punk the main guy again?

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Punk could try being more entertaining than the other guys, which he hasn't really been doing. Besides, why should Punk be "the guy" anyway? I'd like to believe that the "change" Punk wanted went beyond that.

·
Premium Member
43,586 Posts
They mishandled it and its a shame. Punk's mission was to get rid of Triple H and now he's lost to him and he's all like "Ah its ok, Triple H isn't behind it" yet Triple H is firing people for no good reason and trying to screw them out of titles. WHa?

How to fix this? Well I'm not a writer, so I don't know for sure, but I would have Punk call Triple H out on this shit next week.

Of course if I had been doing this from the get go, I wouldn't even have Punk back as a regular yet and just have him pop up for special appearances with the WWE Title.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
He needs to stop whining about everything and being held back when he is like a 3 time world champion, mitb winner etc, makes him look no better than christian complaining about wanting another title shot.

·
Registered
638 Posts
He needs to stop whining about everything and being held back when he is like a 3 time world champion, mitb winner etc, makes him look no better than christian complaining about wanting another title shot.
:S you don't know everything behind it.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
perhaps he should try being more memorable on the mic. Believe it or not, his promo style needs more work. Here's the thing. Punk is a very good talker, but I compare him to the rapper Canibus. Canibus is a very great technical rapper. He use to spit some off the wall punchlines, but, overall all it didn't help him with his career because his music wasn't polished. All he had was dope punchlines, but his beat, sometimes his flow, his hooks weren't quiet their. His style just wasn't marketable. This is where Punk's promos lie in. Sure his promos were hot for like a month, but he just doesn't offer anything else on the mic. He should think about somehow involving the crowd in his promos. I'd hate to say this but since he's not as popular as John Cena, he needs at least 1 catchphrase. Just for something the crowd could remember him by.

He basically needs to be more entertaining.

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
One of the posters made a point, why is he complaining that he's not getting a fair shot when he's already a multi time champion, multi time money in the bank winner so for someone that has had a successful WWE before June 26th, it would have been a little bit better if he was just trying to make a name for himself.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
i doubt he'll go the way of Nexus, shipped off to Smackdown and jobbed out, but he won't be winning the title again/being the main focus again anytime soon.

·
Super Moderator
19,307 Posts
One of the posters made a point, why is he complaining that he's not getting a fair shot when he's already a multi time champion, multi time money in the bank winner so for someone that has had a successful WWE before June 26th, it would have been a little bit better if he was just trying to make a name for himself.
That's one of the problems I have with his current character. When he brought that up I literally laughed out loud. Punk has had many opportunities with WWE.

For me to enjoy Punk more I'd like to see him move away from those type accusations or at least move on to listing people who really haven't had those opportunities and deserve them. But to put himself into that arena of thought makes it absurd and a joke.

Punk can be great...I've seen it. Whatever you wanna call what he's doing now simply is not it.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Didn't the message kinda mean he didn't get the recognition for his abilities too?

·
Registered
340 Posts
ADR over Cena at MITB, Punk wants his shot Trips puts him against Cena on Raw, Punk wins due to interference by ADR not wanting to face Cena or Awesome truth blaming Cena for the conspiracy. Punk over ADR by DQ or ADR over Punk with help at Vengeance, SS ADR vs Punk with a special stipulation Ladder or possibly a Submission match. both would raise their cred in the WWE I think.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts