Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. my name is ben. im a wwe fan, i started watching in 1998. during attitude era. iv followed now for around 14 years. id say it peaked around 1999-2003, went downhil for a bit. then in 2006-2008 had a slight rise in ratings. but now it seems to be down once again.

i personally think that wrestlemania28 was a missed oportunity to really enhance daniel bryan,cody rhodes and cm punk. bryan vs shemus should have been inside a hell in cell. because undertaker vs hhh didnt need the cell to get viewers. what was the point of jericho vs cm punk? imo it should have been miz vs punk vs rhodes for wwe title. jericho is another wrestler who doesent need to be main event to get ratings.

my next theory is that things are going a bit soft. no hardcore matches, backstage brawls, 2-3 falls, submissions, or fatal 4 ways. all we seem to see is basic one on ones.

also wwe are relying on ledgends who have returned to boost ratings. this is a method that in theory should work. however they are usually pitting them off against one another. they need matches like jericho vs rhodes vs orton. or the rock vs cena vs ziggler.

the new crop of fighters, rhodes, miz, bryan, sheamus, ziggler, etc. need to be fighting in huge matches and beating ledgends. thats the only way they can step up. someone should end the takers streak. sure it would be sad for a ledgend. but evolution is a natural thing.

i love wwe to bits. i tune in every week, i order all ppvs. i would just love to see it rise to highest heights one more time.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what a waste of a reply

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Well, your heart's in the right place. I mean, i agree the young guns should beat more legends.

Not sure i entirely cosign with the rest

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
elaborate

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
1) Why should Sheamus face Bryan in a cell
2) Nobody gives two shits about Cody or Miz
3) The WWE have alot of stipulation matches. They shouldnt be overused. otherwise they lose value

And your post on ratings doesnt make much sense. At all. In any way.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,654 Posts
How can WWE achieve true greatness again? When Vince McMahon stops being a total prick and starts improving on his shitty little product. His booking style has gone back to 80's booking, as opposed to the more chaotic booking AKA crash tv style booking we saw in the attitude era. But I guess that's one good thing you can give Vince Russo credit for, is that he did introduce that style to WWE when he was head booker, and actully made wrestling cool in the process. But WWE no longer relies on that and are just stuck in the past, and that's just page one of his book of shit that's incorporated into WWE.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1) Why should Sheamus face Bryan in a cell
2) Nobody gives two shits about Cody or Miz
3) The WWE have alot of stipulation matches. They shouldnt be overused. otherwise they lose value

And your post on ratings doesnt make much sense. At all. In any way.
sheamus and bryan should face each other in either hell in cell, cage, etc. wrestlemania was a let down imo. people would give a shit about rhodes and miz if they were in bigger matches. and how doesent my post on ratings make sense

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
i thought WWE is the best in the world. if you mean ratings like raw or smackdown where they were during attitude era, well news flash wrestling is never ever gonna be as popular as it was 13-14 years ago

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
By slowly building their superstars. Make rhe product MUCH better. Find a way to handle kayfabe in a world were the internet exist. Find, train and build the stars who can talk, wrestle and be relevant personalities in pop culture. I think they have found certain pieces of the puzzle in Punk, but the creative department needs to serious step up their game to make wrestling relevant.

The violence level and the gimmicks are irrelevant at this point.

·
Characters Welcome
1,349 Posts
I think we need to be cautious when measuring WWE's popularity by the TV ratings each week. I believe WWE will never again achieve the ratings they did between 98-2001. The large expansion of choice on television and the internet make it impossible to do so. I know internally they measure how they're doing through house and live show attendances.

Personally I'm enjoying the current product, it's much better than it was 2008-2010.

·
Zombo
8,771 Posts
:lmao redeadening, you're above this thread. No need to keep feeding the guy who doesn't understand how to make argumentative points

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
OP you have a point in my opinion, but you can't just put people like Ziggler, Miz and Rhodes against Rock-caliber guys out of nowhere, what wwe needs to do is to slowly build their new stars to reach a point when fans (and i mean casual fans)will actually buy a "Ziggler vs Rock" match or a "Rhodes vs Undertaker" match as something believable or at least worth watching.
As long as you'll use your talents as sparring partners or jokes or even worse you'll not do proper storylines/feuds you'll end up having only jobbing Zigglers, buried Rhodes or uncharismatics Del Rios.
Starpower is not something you're born with is something you have to build.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
my point is, they arent even trying to build them up

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
WWE can become great again if Big Show is WWE champion.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
1.wwe will never achieve success like it did in attitude era 2.The attitude era had two of the biggest stars of all time-austin and rock at one time.never will it happen again. 3.The media hype was at an all time high due to monday night wars. 4.Probably the greatest storyline of all time in early movies of developed and most movies in developing countries was the rich man vs poor rebel standing upto him.Austin vs mcmahon.every storyline tat copied has never been able to match upto it. 5.Better storylines back then 6.Supporting stars were likes of hhh, undertaker-we can never expect it again 7.lack of competition doesnt force wwe to be better.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
8.lack of serious violence-a bloody mouth made cena vs brock more intense than the forgotten rock vs cena feud 9.kayfabe is dead 10.irregular handling of talent.sometimes pushed,sometime buried.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts